Reviews for Cold is the Water
Zephyira chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
Oh, how terribly emotional. Great job, well written, I like the hand holding bit, everyone needs comfort at the moment of death. Wonderful writing :)
Devoregirl chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
Wow. Just. Wow. fantastic and heartbreaking yet beautiful. I've been going through your stories and loving them all.
Gwen's Blue Box chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
I've read your story and found it beautiful, heart-breakingly beautiful.
Then I listened to the song and my heart shattered.
(It's not really an intellectual comment, I am aware of that, but I'm just lacking words at the moment).
John and Sherlock simply belong together. Even in death.
Well done.
Howlynn chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
Very painful yet wonderfully written. The seconds to late for John and Sherlock fearing a world without John more than he fears the water - Wow. Second to last line is just breathtaking (no pun intended) because the use of the word safely just spins it to brilliant.
Orchfan chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
Love the band, the song, and the fic. Have you ever seen the movie Abyss? There is a great drowning scene with a couple. Very moving.
Doni chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Intense and tragic and beautifully crafted. Fitting that they would go together and that Sherlock would struggle to see it through.
The Circus chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
When I first read this I loved it, and I was an idiot and didn't listen to the song. I heard the song for the first time a few days ago, but this is the first opportunity that I've had to get to a computer to write this review.

Listening to the song made me think of this and I was struck once more with how the simplicity of the language and the way that the paragraphs are used just makes their situation more stark and real. It is wonderful and strikes a cord in the worst and best ways. The little details that are woven in like the holding hands even if they can't feel it. Being caught by John and I can just imagine the two of them so vividly, floating, Sherlock's body under John's.

Thank you for such a well crafted story.

SRM
dreamergirl090 chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Really fantastic. Been going through all of your writing. Loved Sick fic and then I came upon this. I loved Sherlock's description of John's bravery.
katkin chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
How have I never read/reviewed this? How? Though I admit reading it on a packed train was a bad idea. I'm speechless and sobbing and I hate and love you all at the same time. How Sherlock admired John's fear was perfect and I loved his calmness. Also his hope that their souls would find each other again in life. Ok I can't type anymore. I can't even breathe anymore. X
Sylvr chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
A beautiful but tragic portrait of Sherlock and John. Very in character, very clear. Excellent work.
brit14 chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
I just wanted to let you know that I can't listen to Timshel without my throat tighetening up. I hope you're happy!:b

Ahhhh it kinda did fit perfectly, "And you are not alone in this" no, they're together till the end and they didn't need final words to understand each others final words. "As brothers we will stand and we'll hold your hand." ya, they were holding hands:,( Oh, you are good at making people cry! I thought your use of the present tense was really effective. Ok, I'm going to go cry now, but really good job, I enjoy your work(:
sami1010220 chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
wow, that was so intense. i absolutely loved how well you wrote this out, that you were able to so perfectly grasp sherlock's character and at the same time make it so emotional. fantastic job!
helenofargos chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Your writing is fantastic! I honestly loved this, though our protagonists die, it's still quite good! (Actually, to state the facts, I love a good tragedy.) Good job doing a one-shot!
Skyfullofstars chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Very well written. Tense and sad...and now I must go somewhere and find a roof to jump from.

Thank you for posting.
ClayWinchester chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
You render me speechless more often than i care to admit. i love all your stories but this one brought me close to tears. i confess i do cry at the drop of a hat but this was just beautiful.

i sound like some mad stalker girl i know but AAAH I LOVE YOU AND YOUR AMAZING IMAGINATION!

p.s i also loved how you left the ending open!

i'll stop now.