Reviews for Islands In A Storm
Guest chapter 20 . 2/24/2020
The plot started to get disjointed with this Twist family secret. It almost as if two different plots are being forced into the same story. But no efforts has been made to merge the two as one. It's a shame because it had real potential with Becky and Jack being real siblings. Now it's just a shamble, can't continue reading because it just goes around in circles, super frustrating.
Cme chapter 18 . 5/23/2019
It almost feels like this story is written by 2 different authors. The story started off great, the this whole family secret would have been an interesting twist, but all they seem to focus on is the fact that Jack's dad and Ennis' dad killed Jack's grandfather. Completely annoying the fact that Becky and Jack are real siblings. I would have thought being close as they are, Jack would be over the moon to learn that fact. He is by right going to be an Uncle to Becky's daughter. But everyone is acting as if that piece of information didn't exist.
Cme chapter 11 . 5/22/2019
WTF, why would KE name his kid after his Dad? He took him and Ennis when they were kids to see a mutilated dead body. They both hate him so it doesn't make sense that he would want his own kid to have the same name as the person who tormented his childhood.
JD chapter 20 . 3/29/2018
Ok, just like movies, sequels aren't all they're cracked up to be. This is another example. I had high hopes for this sequel because I love "Love Will Find A Way", and I was enjoying the story until this whole family secret plot. The author has not thought this out clearly. The whole Twist, Del Mar secret was an interesting take & it could have been good but everyone is out of character, Ennis has gone from loving partner to a total idiot, Becky don't want to tell Jack they are real brother and sister despite they already love each other like siblings. All because they think Jack can't handle the fact that his granddad was killed his own son & Ennis's dad. Sure, it was an unthinkable horrific act, but it's not as bad as on a constant emotional roller coaster because your husband don't think you can handle the truth.
Guest chapter 27 . 12/23/2017
I think this story is lacking consistency when it comes to the Twist family relationships. Obviously at this point everyone is aware of the fact that Rose is the mother of Jack and Becky,and they are brother and sister. But they all act like they need to keep up with the charade that they are cousins amongst themselves makes no sense.
Calvin chapter 18 . 11/20/2017
While I got to admit this is anvery enjoyable story, and I love the development of Jack and Ennis's relationship. I must agree with the other reviews, the big flaw is that for some reason you really downplayed Jack and Becky's true relationship as real siblings. At times, it's almost you had forgotten that was their relationship.
"She had her two mothers, and Maria knew that Rose would always be Becky's birth mother."
lisa chapter 25 . 3/18/2017
Why the hell did Jack and Becky not get excited that they are actually bother and sister? Considering how close they are? This information was in the newspaper..so when Jack found the out the truth behind Rich and Earl, he would have known about Becky being his sister. But nothing, not one word about that. Totally out of character.
Twist leaves his two sons; the aforementioned John Twist and Joseph Twist. The former has a nine-year-old son John, known as Jack, and Joseph has an eight-year-old daughter, Rebecca, known as Becky.
Jo chapter 26 . 3/18/2017
Ok, why hasn't Jack and Becky acknowledge each other as their bother and sister? Surely that is a big deal considering how close they are. This information was in those old newspapers, so Jack should know after reading it. This makes no sense that they didn't make anything of it.
Also, as for Ennis' xmas gift to Becky,horseshoe earings, didn't Kate already given Becky that exact same thing for her birthday to match the necklace and charm bracelet from Jack and Ennis?
Andy chapter 20 . 3/18/2017
Awwwww, bloody hell, even I am getting frustrated with Ennis, he is causing Jack more pain by not telling him. Just acting like a jerk by pushing him away like that. It is to the point of being selfish. Stop thinking about how hard it is for you to tell him. Everyone you talked to gave you the same damn advice, don't leave it too long before tell him! God, he is thick.
lisa chapter 16 . 3/18/2017
Wow, that is a really creative spin on the Earl & Rich history. I feel so sorry for Rose, but I am glad that underneath it all she is a strong woman who can stand up for her son when needed.
It must have be horrible to give up your child in order to save her life.
Very well written, how the Twist, Del Mar secret is slowly revealing. I got a feeling that Thanksgiving or xmas is going to be interesting once the cat is out of the bag.
Jo chapter 6 . 3/18/2017
How can Ennis still be so insecure. Ennis has a real problem. Just because he saw Jack had his arm around another guy. That guy happens to be a friend's partner, and visiting them on their ranch. Come on, it's not like he caught Jack in a lie and being sleazy. After everything they have been through, he should have more faith and trust in Jack. Jealousy is not attractive! How he acted was just rude!
Lover of gays chapter 29 . 9/19/2014
Love it :)
LaNaturalBreezeOf-Books chapter 30 . 1/26/2014
That was nice. Truthfully, I couldn't stand Becky because she was an unwanted OC in my head. I haven't yet read Brokeback Mountain so I don't know which characters are native or created. And I feel ashamed that I wanted Ennis to get real hurt. Its the drama tooth aching...Aguirre made me laugh, his stupid excuses.
I enjoyed reading that. Took me a few days but I got there. Gonna read the next one now, adios!
Peya Luna chapter 30 . 6/25/2012
again, i couldnt help but read it all, which means i just had another sleepless night - but SO worth it! gonna check out part three first thing tomorrow!
cacamilis chapter 30 . 6/22/2012
Aww, that last little paragraph made me grin like an idiot. :') I like the way you addressed that little hang up/insecurity of Jack's, Ennis being so sweet to him was just adorable. This whole fic just sucked me in (same as last time) and being at the end, I actually feel like this could possibly have happened somewhere... And I'm probably talking shite because it's 4 in the AM, and I shouldn't even be awake except that my slash addiction forced me... So, yeah... Well done on your storyverse, and I'll continue my stalking another day. :P