Reviews for Good Girl
CutieSOS chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
this was so intense and sad
elanor of aquitania chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Really haunting. A Twilight nightmare written concisely.
Rose Gilmore chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
This was really horrific.

It's not just that Leah and Jacob aren't together in this fic, but it's just that Nessie seems like such a drone-doing what everyone wants her to do and nothing that her heart needs to do. ;/

I hated it. but i think that might have been your point? i'm not sure. Anyway, it was well written and i couldn't stop reading.
Rose Gilmore chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
This was really horrific.

Daddy's Little Pyro chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Amazing writing, I think Renesmee could actually be like that. And it only seems fitting that she inherit her mother's need to put everyone above herself.

Wonderful oneshot. I look forward to reading more of your work.
Pumpkinguy chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
This sums up what could potentially happen to Nessie quite easily. (or anyone I suppose.)The ending line speaks volumes about how she really feels about her situation. The way she defers always to someone else to make her own decisions is sad.

I like the way everyone says congratulations, practically automatically, without wondering how a teenage girl feels about being pregnant. We all know if she was a normal girl those words would not be uttered. She could be replaced with someone from fundamental religious groups and the congratulations would be automatic as well, which sort of can make people think about real people in such situations. Not to say all of the qualities constraining Nessie are bad qualities, she's just in a tough situation. Esme and Bella's choice's were their own. It is too bad Nessie feels like she has to live up to them.

I feel like I've read this before, or something very similar you wrote.

anyways, good work.
sophia666 chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Wow. Talk about interesting (as well as horrifying and insightful) character studies. I feel like this is what Nessie could so easily have become, like in She Hates Me (when Leah and Rosalie make the point that it's about protecting the child, Leah (and Seth), really did have a great impact on Nessie in giving her a path for making her own decisions and being in control of her life). One one side, this story makes me upset because it's seems that so many of the people who love Nessie (worship her, put her on a pedestal), don't see the huge weight of their love and personal experiences on her. At the same time, Nessie seems to consciously decide that there is only one path for her, when so many of her loves ones (particularly the women in her life, have sacrificed things or suffered). Because they try and shelter her by telling her the "happy" versions of her family when she is young, trying to protect her from the evils of the world, instead of empowering her and helping her learn to protect herself and make her own choices, she never gains ownership of her life, which is a tragedy. I think it also makes some very important points about imprinting (which I think SMeyer never realised, exactly how messed up this thing was, especially with young children). Of how it definitely skirts the lines of child grooming, and how it can adversely affect these girls, when imprinting is supposed to mean they will make you happy. It's why Nessie/Jacob could never have worked out for me as a couple, them being two completely different people that I could never imagine them being their true selves and being properly happy with each other, even with the "magic" of imprinting. I loved how you showed that when you mentioned "The sentence on her lips was important and he took it from her." I loved this line by Leah- "I'd be waiting forever if I just sat there with my mouth closed and expected the guys to eventually get tired of yapping and listen to me," Leah said, when she asked one day what point could possibly be served by beings so mean and loud all the time. And I think it resonates with Nessie's story here, that she never actually fights for what she really wants and needs, and only gives people what they want to hear. I loved that Sue tried to help her. This is definitely a great feminist, and character, piece.
hilja chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Wow, just wow. This was fantastic in sucha gruesome way, tragic, desperate and suffocating. Poor child, never allowed to be a child really, having all these expectations on her, obligations she feels she has to meet. The stories told to her putting her in shackles, as she feels the need to accept her family's interpretation of these stories and ignore what she reallyt hinks and maybe also what her family also in secret and in reality think too, but have to keep buried inside of them to be able to go on and exist and pretend to be alive.

I think also it's very obvious Nessie is so young, that she can't see any power in herself to liberate herself. It would've been interesting to see if as she goes on living (?) or should I say existing, she might find that day when things become enough and she makes a choice and leaves - in one way or another...

Again, fantastic writing!
Sarah1281 chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Wow. This is just...utterly horrifying. Nessie wonders what her beauty is going to cost her? I think this makes it pretty clear that it costs her any sense of her own individuality. I like how Sue's the actual sensible one who realizes that maybe someone who, if she were a normal person, Jacob would be a pedophile for dating might not be ready to have a mother. They really screwed her up, didn't they? And I bet that they have no idea. The worst part is that Edward should absolutely have some idea since he can read her thoughts but maybe he's so screwed up himself it doesn't occur to him. I can't believe they attacked the first boy Nessie liked because she got a crush on him. What is wrong with them? Poor, poor Nessie. She's just so badly wanted and the child of her very disturbed parents and has no one around to really understand her...she really is going to have problems even in the best of all worlds? The Jacob/Nessie relationship is especially icky here because she's sleeping with him out of a sense of obligation and not because she has any romantic love for him. I also worry about their future child.