Reviews for Brave Little Soldier
Anonymous chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
This was ... unbelieveable
tromana chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Here I am, reviewing as a Part of Operation: Review.

This was a long piece to read in just the one go. I couldn't help but wonder if it would have been more enjoyable to read - and easier on the eyes and concentration span - if you had split it into 2/3 chapters?

There's a lot of typing errors too, which occasionally distracted me - but I am probably the most pernickety reader you'll ever come across. Characterisation was sometimes beautiful, but sometimes jarred for me. Again, I'm pernickety.

However, you have some beautiful turns of phrase which really bring the story to life. This isn't the kind of thing I'd normally read - I'm a famed angst fanatic and especially enjoy additional Red John. That being said, I still enjoyed it. I especially liked the fact that this was a story which took Lisbon to breaking point post 3x24, rather than Jane. It made for some very unique reading.
MerriWyllow chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
You may be the queen of smut-fic but you are a master of hurt/comfort too. This one is really good, too.
stellierox chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
She's so cute!

I loved their relationship at the beginning, with her depression, and him just gently coaxing her out of it :)

Well done, this is a goodie!
Little-Firestar84 chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
my opinion is that you are getting better and better! I really love how you are writing lately. don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore jisbon PWP smutt, but, your last stories were simply so touching, deep and so in character... like, this last one, I couldn't help but think at 2.3, red badgem when she broke the window with a chair... well, anyway, I've loved it, really. they are deep and so full of softness...I really can't start to describe what I feel, because theya re just plain good and great.

as always, you did an amazing work. come back soon with more, please!
Allie9 chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
This was wonderful. I very much enjoyed it!
mwalter1 chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Wow! Great to see the more broken, sensitive side to both of them.
Donnamour1969 chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
You might be known for your hot sex scenes, but I think your charcterizations and dialogue are always the best in your fics. You are so good at showing the real emotions each must be feeling. I certainly don't want you to sell out-write what you like-but you would get so many more reviews if you wrote a T-rated, or T/M rated fic. You are really a wonderful writer; I just want more people to know about it!
tayasasah chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
YAY! what a great weekend treat!

loved what you said in the author's note at the end - about how it ended up being all about Jane - its because he's well, Jane lol

another fantastic story, i agree, you are in the making love VS frantic sex phase lately, and while i do miss the dark smutty pwps, these semi-angsty oneshots are also really nice, because it allows us to dwell a bit more on the actual relationship and the love (but i wouldnt say no to dark smutty PWPs!)

great great job!
chymom chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
LOVED IT! The way you write makes ot so real. Its easy as you reads this story to see and feel the agony that she feels. Along with the longing but conflicted feelings they both have.

Love the way he first got her to eat. If someone had helped me out years ago that way I might have not have had my eating disorder.

In all this is a great combo of hard fear of what if and the courage to let go.

This one will be on my favorites list when I can get logged on.

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS ONE!

;-)
Wldwmn chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
This is such an immersing story. I felt totally drawn into the atmosphere, and the emotional content was over the moon. You get a very deep feeling for the sorrow and tenderness of both characters, making for a complex and involving story. Not to mention some serious loving at the end, my goodness! I have to admit, your stories run the gamut from pure smut to deep character study, and you do a great job! :D