Reviews for The Dresden Fillies: Strange Friends
Drakoerrante chapter 12 . 4/7
hay version en espaƱol?
no se me da muy bien el ingles
7137 chapter 2 . 3/28
So I heard good things about this story and decided to check it out. Liking it so far. Normally I'd be a little annoyed by how nonchalantly Harry is being treated, but this is MLP, so it might be strange if that wasn't the case.

I do have a minor correction: all animals are sentient (possessing a mind); I think you meant sapient (possessing of the ability to reason), which very few animals are (example: humans and dolphins).
Xepulchrum chapter 1 . 3/5
Ok, I've never finished the Dresden files and the only things I know about mlp is second-hand from my friends. But i just read ch1 and im interested in seeing how this story goes. So I'll give a chance and read more.
Difdi chapter 2 . 9/17/2016
You have a bit of a typo in chapter two - a properly spelled wrong word.

Horses ARE sentient on Earth. Every mammal on Earth is sentient. Most reptiles and fish are too. Even plants qualify as low level sentients. Sentient means aware of self and able to react to stimuli. That's all it means. Some people misuse it when talking about intelligence, but it does not mean intelligent.

Sapient means intelligent but is not quite right either. At one time sapience implied sentience, but with the development of artificial intelligences, the implied link has veen severed - it is entirely possible for an AI to be sapient but NOT sentient, for example.

The word you want is sophont which means sapient and sentient at the same time.
Lacey Barbed Wire chapter 2 . 9/11/2016
Hey, so I'm really liking this so far, and my feelings toward MLP:FiM are mainly extreme indifference beyond a fondness for Fluttershy, Vinyl Scratch, and Sunset Shimmer, so great job there. Am slightly surprised by Harry's Soul, though just that Bob, Mouse, Molly, Murphy, Thomas, and maybe Ebenezer, Mouse, and Michael weren't present at all, even in his room. Not a deal breaker or anything of course, just something that surprised me. Otherwise excellent!
NamelessEpitaph chapter 3 . 5/9/2016
Didn't Soulgaze when all you can see is her glare? How's that work?
Rurouni Ken-ouki chapter 1 . 3/11/2016
A quick note on how I got here:
My brother and I often joked about how if something exists, there's a exists a MLP crossover with it. Since I was exposed to My Little Pony earlier this year, I'd been tempted to check some out, since it sounds like many of them avoid most of the pitfalls crossovers tend to stumble on. I was looking over some Dresden TV Trope pages, when I thought "There must be a MLP crossover with this." A quick trip to the Fanfic Recommendations sub page and here I am. My first My Little Pony crossover fanfic (and strictly speaking, the first Dresden fanfic I've read).

And you didn't disappoint. Most crossovers I've read lift one canon above the other. Even if their fans of both, it's clear that they prefer one. I'm only one chapter in, but this feels balanced. The Dresden sections feel like they could have been lifted from the books, and the MLP sections are easy to read in the respective ponies' voices.
Bobboky chapter 12 . 2/9/2016
Awesome.
celtcath74 chapter 11 . 1/23/2016
Epic throw-down. Nightmare Harry vs the Mane 6, and Nightmare Harry cleans their clock. I like how you had Harry catch on to the Nightmare's mental whammy. Adding on the use of Harmony backed wizarding magic and you have one grand climax.
celtcath74 chapter 10 . 1/23/2016
This is not good.
celtcath74 chapter 8 . 1/23/2016
So the Nightmare knows of humans. That is very interesting. Harry's snark is in full swing. loved how Harry "opened" the door.
akbarironoak chapter 12 . 1/12/2016
4 Stars. The Dresden Files is always a first-person story, even when people other than Dresden tell the story, so when you went third person, but it was a necessary evil for what you had to do. I love the punny name of the series, but I have a last-chapter nitpick: a) No European group had gotten to the Continental US at that point, b) Christianity wasn't in a position to be preaching like that yet, and c) Christianity as a whole (especially in the middle ages) has had a LOT of trouble keeping up to its ideals.
celtcath74 chapter 12 . 12/24/2015
A grand tale. I like how harry connected with Luna.
celtcath74 chapter 7 . 8/21/2015
I wonder what Fluttershy would have seen?
celtcath74 chapter 6 . 8/21/2015
Like the take in the Nightmare as a sentient force.