Reviews for The Dresden Fillies: Strange Friends
Difdi chapter 2 . 9/17
You have a bit of a typo in chapter two - a properly spelled wrong word.

Horses ARE sentient on Earth. Every mammal on Earth is sentient. Most reptiles and fish are too. Even plants qualify as low level sentients. Sentient means aware of self and able to react to stimuli. That's all it means. Some people misuse it when talking about intelligence, but it does not mean intelligent.

Sapient means intelligent but is not quite right either. At one time sapience implied sentience, but with the development of artificial intelligences, the implied link has veen severed - it is entirely possible for an AI to be sapient but NOT sentient, for example.

The word you want is sophont which means sapient and sentient at the same time.
Lacey Barbed Wire chapter 2 . 9/11
Hey, so I'm really liking this so far, and my feelings toward MLP:FiM are mainly extreme indifference beyond a fondness for Fluttershy, Vinyl Scratch, and Sunset Shimmer, so great job there. Am slightly surprised by Harry's Soul, though just that Bob, Mouse, Molly, Murphy, Thomas, and maybe Ebenezer, Mouse, and Michael weren't present at all, even in his room. Not a deal breaker or anything of course, just something that surprised me. Otherwise excellent!
NamelessEpitaph chapter 3 . 5/9
Didn't Soulgaze when all you can see is her glare? How's that work?
Rurouni Ken-ouki chapter 1 . 3/11
A quick note on how I got here:
My brother and I often joked about how if something exists, there's a exists a MLP crossover with it. Since I was exposed to My Little Pony earlier this year, I'd been tempted to check some out, since it sounds like many of them avoid most of the pitfalls crossovers tend to stumble on. I was looking over some Dresden TV Trope pages, when I thought "There must be a MLP crossover with this." A quick trip to the Fanfic Recommendations sub page and here I am. My first My Little Pony crossover fanfic (and strictly speaking, the first Dresden fanfic I've read).

And you didn't disappoint. Most crossovers I've read lift one canon above the other. Even if their fans of both, it's clear that they prefer one. I'm only one chapter in, but this feels balanced. The Dresden sections feel like they could have been lifted from the books, and the MLP sections are easy to read in the respective ponies' voices.
Bobboky chapter 12 . 2/9
Awesome.
celtcath74 chapter 11 . 1/23
Epic throw-down. Nightmare Harry vs the Mane 6, and Nightmare Harry cleans their clock. I like how you had Harry catch on to the Nightmare's mental whammy. Adding on the use of Harmony backed wizarding magic and you have one grand climax.
celtcath74 chapter 10 . 1/23
This is not good.
celtcath74 chapter 8 . 1/23
So the Nightmare knows of humans. That is very interesting. Harry's snark is in full swing. loved how Harry "opened" the door.
akbarironoak chapter 12 . 1/12
4 Stars. The Dresden Files is always a first-person story, even when people other than Dresden tell the story, so when you went third person, but it was a necessary evil for what you had to do. I love the punny name of the series, but I have a last-chapter nitpick: a) No European group had gotten to the Continental US at that point, b) Christianity wasn't in a position to be preaching like that yet, and c) Christianity as a whole (especially in the middle ages) has had a LOT of trouble keeping up to its ideals.
celtcath74 chapter 12 . 12/24/2015
A grand tale. I like how harry connected with Luna.
celtcath74 chapter 7 . 8/21/2015
I wonder what Fluttershy would have seen?
celtcath74 chapter 6 . 8/21/2015
Like the take in the Nightmare as a sentient force.
celtcath74 chapter 5 . 8/18/2015
Our boy Dresden is on the case. Poor, Diluted Trixie. You have know idea the storm heading your way.
celtcath74 chapter 4 . 8/17/2015
Your comic timing in this chapter is spot on.
celtcath74 chapter 3 . 8/16/2015
Laughed at the Mario reference. The the Dresden/Dash confrontation was also very entertaining. Will Harry's name be a running gag?