Reviews for Training, Lies, and the CIA
resaw chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Great story. Thank you for "filling in" some more details in your Fatesverse. I appreciate the good-natured humor at the end between Sarah and Ellie. I also like the way you have Sarah once again give away to Ellie her feelings for Chuck.
Crumby chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
"One had a copy of, of all things, the movie Speed on the desk." Ha!

Frank! :)

"Her usual suggestions like a shopping trip to bond wouldn’t quite work on a super-spy. / So she’d asked for self-defense lessons." That's hilarious.

"The blonde was a bit of a vicious trainer in the same way that L.A. traffic was only a little backed up at 8 a.m." :)

“I remember what happened the last time you started asking questions. I’m not falling for that. We can be friends, but you’re not suckering me with that play again.” - "Sarah Walker was scared." - "She terrified an official CIA agent." - “I am not talking about my feelings for your brother with you.” - Awesome!

“Chuck’s roommate. What the hell is up with that guy?” Again, hilarious!

“Just what, exactly, are your intentions toward my brother, anyway? As head of the family, I feel I should know about them.” :)

Sallie! Hehe. What a great addition to the Fatesverse that was. It's always neat to get into Ellie's head, especially when there's interactions with Sarah. And you write them so well. Just great.
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
Neat.
NickyR chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
I enjoyed this very much. I want more ellie/sarah or as you state it Sallie interactions, I love that you dictated a sallie over a sarina story and it was mxpw's bday, I can tell who wears the pants in that relationship( I honestly just wrote that last line in hopes mx will read this and hopefully chuckle :) no harm intended w/ the comment!

I love the thought that ellie thinks she can pull a quick one over on sarah and i love that sarah puts ellie back in her place. thank you for this, this was a nice addition to fates, I can not wait for it, the last time i stalked castle inanity it said 70% :)
spcr71 chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Fun little chapter. Sure would be nice if Sarah and Chuck actually progressed farther and faster then they have when ever Fates returns. Sorry about that... Both are great stories thanks for sharing.
ersk4 chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
It's so great to get another Fates scene from a different viewpoint. I enjoyed this very much. I hope that you will do an ePub version on your blog for download as I always enjoy having those. And if you ever do more Fates-different-viewpoints chapters, I'd love to see Chap. 30-Borrowing Trouble done in Sarah's viewpoint when Sarah is at Chuck's apartment and sees Jill's Facebook page on the computer and later when she discovers Chuck is outside Jill's apartment again. That would be so fun to see exactly what Sarah is thinking then.
mxpw chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
*bows* I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

The first thing I've got to say, besides the genuflecting I just did, was to say thank you. I really wasn't expecting a story. It was a true surprise, but one that made me very happy. I mean, anytime you write something new, it's an awesome event. Having something written specifically for my birthday is like a whole new level of awesome. So thank you so much for doing that. You are a great friend and I'm grateful to know you.

And now for my thoughts on the story!

Finally, some real proof that Fates is a Sallie story. I have long held this belief and you are not making it any easier for me to believe otherwise when you write something like this. But anyway, last year you wrote a story about Carina and Sarah beating on each other. This year you wrote a story about Sarah teaching Ellie how to beat on people. And yet, despite any possible superficial similarities, the two stories are really quite different. TLC (Part Deux) was really about understanding and befriending. And this story went a long way to explaining how Ellie and Sarah have developed such an understanding and friendly rapport in the Fatesverse.

There was a lot of stuff I really liked in this story (in no particular order):

- Ellie surprising Sarah by clocking her in the face. It not only surprised Sarah, but surprised me too! I got a pretty good chuckle out of that. And I liked that it made Sarah re-evaluate Ellie as an opponent (in more ways than one, no doubt).

- Sarah being on her guard and actually being more afraid of Ellie than Ellie being afraid of Sarah. Sarah's smart, she knows those Bartowskis are wily. And she knows they have a way of getting under your skin and making you share more than you want and that dynamic is captured pretty well here. My favorite part of the story is Sarah wagging her finger at Ellie and backing away from Ellie like she was some kind of scary monster.

- The witty yet subtexty repartee you had going on between the two. I especially liked Sarah's "Touche" comment after Ellie had clocked her and then made her comment about knowing her.

- Sarah showing Ellie how to put people in headlocks. Getting all sweaty, grappling on each other...ahem, my mind wandered for a bit. What was I saying? Oh right, the headlock. Ellie thinking she had the upper hand and using that to interrogate Sarah, and then Sarah turning things around and tossing Ellie around. I really liked Ellie laughing at that part.

- Sarah called the dummy Frank. That says it all, right there.

All in all, this was just a really awesome, highly enjoyable, very amusing, great Sallie story. Knocked it out of the park two years in a row, Frea. Thank you for this awesome birthday present!
Doc in Oz chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
I’d forgotten about our cross-dressing young Frankie...
wassupchuck chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
I must say, that I love your work, it always leaves me wanting more. Selfish as it is, I wish you weren't so busy, Then you would have more time to write. But then I guess that you wouldn't be you... Thanks for the time you spend writing such entertaining stories.
jinxed97 chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Great story...love the interaction between them.
quistie64 chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Another outstanding addition to the Fatesverse.

One of the things I absolutely adored in this story was how Sarah loves Frank in a dress. (And the moist toilette.) We always suspected that Sarah actually loves the silly things Chuck does to Frank and now she's confirmed it.

I cannot get the image of Gumby and Snidley Whiplash doing Kung Fu out of my head.

Is it wrong that I found it funny that Sarah got clocked like that. And by Ellie no less. How awesome is that? "Nice left." So succinct. So Sarah. So perfect.

And to end it all? Ellie laughing as she flies through the air when she gets flipped. Just a terrific way to end a wonderful, if not unusual, female bonding session.

Once again, well done.
lightthief chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Yay! Sarah and Ellie bonding! Nice story :) Anyways, any chance of you updating Fates anytime soon?
Bebe chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Really a lot of fun to read. Very well written.
Nervert chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
The description of this little one-off had me rubbing my hands together and you didn't disappoint. The circling and dance of two adversaries who don't necessarily want to be adversaries was great. The set up is perfect so that all the insecurities they feel towards each other comes out in a little physical violence. Sarah forgot to keep her guard up though, after saying she wouldn't let it down around Ellie. Completely spilled the beans on her intentions towards Chuck without even being prodded.

One other thing I like about this: two women bonding over a little, mostly friendly, violence instead of shopping, watching girlie movies, or drinking wine on the couch (or even worse, hot tubbing in the nude; I'm so ashamed).
atcDave chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
I always enjoy the Sarah/Ellie time. Two completely different strong women with a vested interest in Chuck, how can that not be awesome! Thanks.