Reviews for Turning Points: Chess Match
Sapadu chapter 2 . 4/9
Something that bugs me - I could have SWORN that I'd read in this fic a moment when Suzaku, not knowing that Lelouch is Zero, wonders about whether or not Lelouch is still at Ashford… and Zero!Lelouch decides to fuck around with him by threatening 'his friends at Ashford academy' including the 'Lamparouge' family. But, obviously, that wasn't in one of your fics. So, now, I wonder where I DID read that… argh, this is gonna bug me…

So, that out of the way, each scene in this chapter was… pretty impressive in how much it seemed to mean - and how much each scene put me on edge. The moment with Rolo becoming Nunnally's knight (oh, that was a NAIL-BITER, lemme tell you) Lelouch plotting with CC, CC dropping in to annoy Suzaku, and of course, Lelouch's inner monologue… but what really strikes me is that, close to the end of the chapter, EVERYTHING is done. No more fighting, no more battles, no more plotting to overthrow Britannia - all the work is done and more or less being carried out. It only struck me now but, given all the 'action' occurs off-screen, this SHOULD be boring. It WOULD be boring if it were the show, proper. But it's not - partly because this is written media and doesn't need to pander to our visual senses by showing us flashy fighting robot fights, but it's all about the character conflicts and it does so beautifully. So, for something that is just people standing around talking, it's still interesting. And that's really neat.
Sapadu chapter 1 . 3/16
Now, the first of your Turning Points series. Personally, I like ALL these fics, because they show just how well you understand the plots of Code Geass WEREN'T all inevitable - how many of them would have changed with just a coincidence, or a minor little change from the characters, or any number of things. Other series have their plots solely based on the character's intrinsic nature, which makes their tragic nature something less capricious and more 'It was ALWAYS going to happen that way', but Code Geass never did reach that. So, all of these fics showing how things MIGHT have been if there hadn't been a deus ex machina, or a character hadn't grabbed the Idiot Ball, or whatnot is still well thought out, well paced, and fully realized.

In this case… YEAH, why DIDN'T Lelouch take Schneizel's king? This would have been pretty spot on for how it would have gone from there - I see you characterizing Lelouch and Suzaku perfectly, beat for beat. And, for that matter, Kallen and Kaguya are well written for the little snatches of scenes they're in, Gino's passable (I've already told you what I thought of Gino, but this seems to be pretty in-line with the little that was distinct in the show) and C.C.'s conversation with Lelouch is WONDERFUL. Great first chapter.
starsinjars chapter 11 . 4/12/2013
Hmm. You write Code Geass so well it amazes me. I can't even express how much that means. Sorry I suck at reviews ; But thank you for writing this. If only, if only.
TechnoFire chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
I really enjoy reading this fic. One thing bugs me abou this chapter, though. Schneizel makes an illegal chess move.
You are not allowed to move your own king into check.
You also cannot check a king with another king. (Kings cannot be occupying adjacent squares.)
Dark Naruto chapter 11 . 3/20/2013
Finally finished reading this. Been busy with work lately. I love this! Haha! Though it's rather quick at the last chapter when zero's identity was revealed. i was actually looking forward to the black knights' reaction but unfortunately you didn't include them. :(

but everything else was great! and yay for the return of Lelouch vi Britannia and his knight, Suzaku. :D love it!
AutumnBoze00 chapter 11 . 12/27/2012
I loved it!
PinkSugarDust chapter 11 . 12/21/2012
I like how this fic has some parts from the anime mixed into your own creative thinking! Awesome story. :) I also appreciate the slight Suzululu at the end. ;) Well, I'm off to go browse through your other stories. :P
I-En-Tee-Jay chapter 7 . 10/5/2012
Oooooookay. That's stretching waaaay too far.

There's absolutely no way Lelouch would throw away, nay, gift away a queen piece to the other side in such a close contest. Suzaku and Kallen are both trumps capable of winning entire battles by themselves, Lelouch might as well gouge out his own eyes.

Sure Suzaku is an unreasonably, exasperatingly, bigoted fool that may well stab Lelouch in the back. Lock him up in a hole. For goodness sakes anything than telling him to fight for the other side.

Lelouch planning for the worst? Sure.
Lelouch shooting himself in the foot and crippling himself unnecessarily? Breaks suspension of disbelief to pieces.

By the way, I love your story.
SihvTheJollyGreenGiant chapter 11 . 9/6/2012
An interesting story, definitely worthy of the series and great in how you allow peace for the world without having to go through the (highly flawed) Zero Requiem.
KurosakiCrystal18 chapter 11 . 7/15/2012
This was an amazing story! I especially loved how Lelouch DIDN'T die at the end! Thanks you so much for writing this, it was amazing... :)
I absolutely loved it! :D
fantacination chapter 11 . 7/8/2012
Oh dear, Smug!Knight!Zaku and Accepted!Politician!Lelouch? XD For some reason I had a brief mental image of Suzaku lounging on the couch with a hot mug of SmugTM while Lelouch works late into the nights with paperwork, cursing everything from Suzaku's cape to his boots- would he force Suzaku into the Knight of Zero outfit, I wonder? I think it'd be interesting to see how it pans out with so many of the Royals around, too- not to mention Nunnaly. And how things will pan without a common enemy for the world to hate/fight anymore.

But yes, this was a very interesting read, especially the way Lelouch chose to deal with Suzaku- to make him irrelevant. Not that it ever seems to succeed.
Anime-StarWars-fan-zach chapter 11 . 3/19/2012
After finally reading this whole thing through, I have to say, I loved it! It's just as great, if not better, than your other Turning Points story. I especially love what happened here in the end, and Nunnally being in the World of C. I just hope Schneizel doesn't screw up anything.

Great job! Keep up the wonderful work!
GBlackwell chapter 11 . 12/30/2011
To think of all the angst and heartbreak Lelouch saved just by taking a single chess piece in a game...
Lenkish chapter 11 . 12/11/2011
Just want to say that this was a great story. It always bugged me in canon that Lelouch just took Schniezel being a dork lying down. I really liked the way you had the characters interact, and your presentation of Suzaku's and Lelouch's friendship did a great job of treading the fine line between very close friends and gay. I think my absolute favorite part was when Lelouch suddenly developed doubts about everything he had done for the past decade when faced with the love Odysseus, Cornelia, and even Schniezel had for him. I really look forward to any future installments of Turning Points and hope that you have as much writing them as I do reading them!
nachan chapter 11 . 12/9/2011
great story, i love the way u handle lelouch and suzaku relationship; it could go either way but their friendship shine through...the ending is sweet, and less traumatic than the cannon, but still delivers well done.