Reviews for Turning Points: Chess Match
Republic Che chapter 11 . 10/9
This is an awesome story!
X59 chapter 11 . 9/24
Excellently done.
KellyKatt19 chapter 11 . 5/16
... The SuzaLulu relationship in this one is somehow soothing my soul 3

- Kelly
NeverEndingStoryTeller chapter 11 . 5/22/2015
You. Are. A. Genius.

I just love how in character you kept both Suzaku and Lelouch and managed to keep the intensity of their relationship while leaving it up to the reader to determine if they love each other as just friends/family or also as romantic love interests (though I would have loved to see some slash scenes).

Also I love how you got across both Lelouch and Suzaku's faults while never bashing either for their hypocrisy. I especially appreciate that you got Suzaku to realise Lelouch's reasons and way of bringing about peace are just as valid and "right" as Suzaku's (in fact Lelouch's more so since he actually got shit done)
Fainfan chapter 11 . 4/30/2015
wow i like this ending
Fainfan chapter 1 . 4/30/2015
wow a smart kallen?
Aynessa chapter 11 . 2/19/2015
I have to confess, the ending seems rather far-fetched to me. I can't imagine the world being very pleased to find out that Zero was a Britannian prince the whole time, or being pleased that he would rejoin Britannia in the end, even if they did reform. It seems a little rushed and sort of thrown together, but that's ok because it's happy, it's sweet, and I am a sucker for happy endings where Suzaku and Lelouch reconcile. (And yes, your fandom roots definitely show, lol...I kept double checking the "Friendship" genre at the top, cause I wasn't quite sure where you were going with their interactions.) BUT, I will say that the interactions between the characters are flawless and SO the best part of this story. So excellent. I think I will go check out your other fics now..
Aynessa chapter 7 . 2/19/2015
This is absolutely AMAZING. I do not have enough words to describe the sheer mind-bogglingly awesomeness that is this story. The incredibly, unbelievably *flawless* dynamic between Lelouch and Suzaku...you have literally blindsided me. I don't even know what to say. The way Lelouch trusts in him, in his unfaltering character and conviction, the way he lets him just walk all over his carefully laid plans because he loves his best friend that much, and steals a hug from that friend while he's too unconscious to recoil in hatred...omg. Just amazing. I am in awe.
Aynessa chapter 5 . 2/19/2015
This..! You are an amazing writer. Simply amazing. The way you captured these characters' interactions and personalities is absolutely flawless. Especially the Lelouch-Suzaku dynamic, a cycle of broiling hate and tender friendship and loyalty and betrayal and just..! Ah! Love this so much.
Aynessa chapter 3 . 2/19/2015
OHHHH. Yes! YES. The intensity, hatred, fury, sheer *emotion* between Lelouch and Suzaku in this chapter...so amazing. Such accuracy in their interaction. You have astounded me with this chapter. It is disgustingly hard to find good CG fanfiction, so happy to have found this masterpiece.
Aynessa chapter 2 . 2/19/2015
Wow! The most amazing part of this chapter is Lelouch's twisted reasoning. Very spot on and accurate to his character! It's chilling.

I'm immensely enjoying this.
Komiv chapter 11 . 9/28/2014
Really enjoyed this story! The plot shifts felt completely believable, and it was really interesting to see the consequences of this scenario. Looking forward to checking out the other Turning Points stories.
Sapadu chapter 11 . 5/18/2014
Alright, our final conclusion - this fic took forever for me to get around to reviewing, but reading it just seems to go by in a flash. I will say that the action sequences tend to be… lacking… but then again, I've never found action sequences able to hold my attention in written media - they always seem to be the domain of visual media, and just reading about 'Person A threw a punch at Person B' has never held my interest. And, you always keep the focus on the drama and emotional intensity, which really is where it belongs.

Something, though, that caught my attention was Kallen's discussion with Zero!Lelouch - that Zero is a mask for someone who's broken enough that they NEED to hide behind the mask. It's… actually very true and it kind of makes me go back and think about what it says about both Suzaku and CC that, in series, they're the only ones to ever take up the mantle. (Also, does Kallen ever learn about CC being on Charles' side for a time? Or does Lelouch conveniently forget to tell her? I always did wonder how Kallen would react to learning that bit about her friend.) But, of course, it's not dwelled on long, in typical Lelouch style as he doesn't want to focus on what it says about him. Which, of course, makes the ending more poignant with how he reacts to the idea that, maybe, the whole story could have been avoided. Maybe and Could Have being the key words. It's a really solid punch to the gut and I, being the masochist I am, love rereading it every, single time. This is still solidly up there in my favorites and I always love coming back to it.
Sapadu chapter 10 . 5/17/2014
Again, small complaint is just how RUSHED the explanation of Marianne's geass and the backstory and everything was in this chapter. But… again, it was rushed in the show, too - easily one of the weakest points of Code Geass' plot and story. Really rushed, felt very forced, and it's not like there was any build-up or foreshadowing leading up to it, so it felt phoned in and lacking, and when that's transferred over to written media (at least the show had gorgeous animation, brilliant music, great acting, and emotion-laden art and expressions for the characters, so that at least made it entertaining for the first time watch) it's gonna be cringe-worthy pacing. So… yeah, not your fault. If anything, you get it over quickly, and get us to the good stuff quick - that is, the emotional climax of Lelouch retaliating, saving Rolo (Yay!) he and Nunnally coming to terms (Aww!) This was a good climax.

Also: Suzaku makes a quip. Lelouch responds "You're not funny." It's become sorta a running gag in a lot of your fics and it always makes me chuckle.
Sapadu chapter 9 . 5/17/2014
The only thing about this fic that I don't like is that you start this chapter off from Marianne's perspective. I kinda wished you'd saved the suspense for a later chapter, for when it would pack a really solid emotional punch. Of course, as this is assuming the readers have SEEN the entirety of Code Geass, I guess that we were never supposed to really be surprised so… yeah, we can let that one go. Now how does the rest of it hold up?

Well, it's fairly well-paced, and keeps everything close and personal. By the end of it, what with seeing the scenes all played back-to-back - from Rolo and Nunnally being captured, played off against Anya (Marianne) and CC showing up (and I love that you throw in the detail from the show that CC just HAD to stop and get her Cheese-kun LOL) and effectively taking Suzaku hostage, and all of it culminating in EVERYONE showing up where they need to be… It ends on a NAIL-BITING note.