Reviews for Where were you?
misspopular1 chapter 3 . 8/21/2014
if they did a episode based on this, Im gonna cry my eyes out
jag389 chapter 3 . 3/1/2014
Detective Rysposito chapter 3 . 2/8/2014
I was a baby on this tragic day, but my daddy was a first responder. He's a police officer for nypd and was on duty. My mom didn't know if he was okay or not, there were so many family members of officers giving their loved ones badge numbers to the operator on the phone to see if they were found. My mom didn't know he was safe until he came home that night/early morning. I thank God each and everyday that he was safe because I don't know what id do without him.

my cousin was also in the city, but he didn't work at the world trade center nor was he a first responder. He was a civilian on the street. He told the story of him running from store to store to get away from the dust and debris that was swallowing the street, he was saved that day by a stranger who grabbed him and hid under a car together until the dirt in the air had somewhat settled. But, he died a few years later from the ash that damaged his lungs that day.

God bless America.
God bless all who were lost.
God bless all who survived.
God bless all of the responders.
God bless every single person in the USA.
LFVoy chapter 2 . 10/20/2012
At the time I was a civil servant, working in HR for the State of North Carolina, and I was at work sneaked onto LiveJournal when I saw a friend's one-line post (she lived in New York City). At first I thought it'd be an interesting story but they already knew it was a big plane at that point. I went out and told the others in my office and we turned on the television.

I also ended up being the one who called my friend's mother to tell her she was okay. She couldn't get through any other way. I count my blessings to think that's the closest I got to any of what was going on, but I couldn't help but remember my one and only trip to NYC (an eighth grade field trip in 1988) and how I'd absolutely loved our visit to the World Trade Center.

The rest of the day was surreal. We were in government only two blocks away from the state capitol and one block from the legislature; as a precaution we locked down. HR offices are always involved when that happens. But oddly enough, the moment I remember with the most clarity was when the director of IT came by to ask me if any of our employees were Muslim, with a suggestion that we send them home for their own safety before it got too close to dark.

I didn't know the answer; HR has no reason to ask that sort of question. And it wasn't couched in racism; the IT director was very obviously scared *for* the potential Muslim employees. But I will never, ever forget that moment. That was when I knew that EVERYTHING had changed in this country, that we were going to war, and that it was going to be a long time before it was over.
crimebuff chapter 3 . 10/5/2012
I was siiting my my seventh grade class. Our teacher came in and told us there had been an attack in New York. I was so scared, I called my mom to take my home and ended up watching the news coverage all day.

Thank you to all the people who risked their lives that day and God Bless the families of those who lost someone. We will never forget.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Apologies for typos on previous posts. . This is hard on an iPhone. Great story. Best to everyone. Tricia
Guest chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
My story continued. We got to Pax in Maryland and the base was shut down. We couldn't get in touch with anyone in person but we were able to call home at least. We found out that one of our colleagues was on the plane that went into the pentagon. Here's to you, Captain Y. The next 2 days were like a bad movie where the world has ended but somehow you're left behind. We were in shock. The Pentagon burned for days. I wasn't able to talk to my friends there but eerily their voicemails all worked. We did some business but most of the time was spent find the other Californians stranded on the east coast, to find a way to book travel home, to find a phone line that worked (cell coverage was bad) to try and make sense of it all. Finally, my friend and I drove home. All 2800 miles. Thank God for Avis and a 25 year old who drove home in the left lane at 80 miles an hour. we made it home ok and I have never been so glad to see my little girl and husband ever

A year or so later I went to visit my friend in the pentagon and heard his story. He was in charge of the Navy spaces in the Pentagon. He told he how he and his chief engineer went along the hall where the Secretary of the Navy,s portraits were pulling the pictures off the wall to safety while the building was on fire. They built a chapel where the plane hit and the stain glass windows are made with bits of debris that got so hot it fused into colored material. He showed us where the construction was (underway) and told us how lucky we were that the sobs who flew the plane hit the first rehabbed wedge 1...which was empty because people hadn't moved back in. In a building where 10000 people work three where only 188 deaths, and 76 were on the plane.

In all of this the takeaway is that as long as we remember the heroes who died for our freedom and stand as one people under God no one can defeat us. Things happen for a reason and I think we need to remember that freedom isn't free. Vote. Take care of those with less than you. Spend time doing something for your community. Love the ones who love you. And thanks for the memories. T
Guest chapter 3 . 9/11/2012
We had just landed at Dulles late September 10th. We were on travel to Maryland and as a treat I made arranenrs to bring my newly hired employee to the Pentagon on Sept 13th for lunch with a friend. We departed around 8am to go on travel to our headquarters (I work for the Navy) in Maryland. We passed over the Wilson bridge at 0900. Then we heard about New York. Then the car radio went nuts and our cell phones stopped working. Later we found out that's when aa76 hit the Pentagon.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/11/2012
I was 20 years old, with a two month old daughter, and going through channels on a day off from work. I caught the first reports when they thought it was a little plane, and watched in horror as the second plane turned and so intently bulleted into the tower. I watched the reports pour in with reporters almost knowing more than officials and the confusion and palpable distress producing an honesty in reports I'll not forget.

My cousin is a Fairfax county Fire Fighter. He and his crew had been on a call and didn't know what was going on, they heard the BOOM when plane three hit the Pentagon and followed the smoke. He didn't stop for three days, he remembers his captain stopping him so he'd eat and shoving food in his mouth with both hands so he could go back to digging, he looked up and saw a camera and his first thought other than trying to get to people and bodies, was that his mother was going to be appalled at his manners.

I and my family were blessedly lucky, even the people we knew in NYC were okay. Thoughts, sympathy and solidarity for those not so fortunate. Remembered, Honored, Thanked.
InspiretobeInspired chapter 3 . 9/11/2012
I was in preschool on that day. I don't remember it that well though. I remember being quiet, crying, and really upset though. I was too little to actually understand what was going on, but I was scared. As I got older, I learned more about what actually happened on that day. God bless everyone who died and helped others on that horrible and devastating day. 3 I'm so f*****g happy that Osama Bin Laden is dead.
KlingonGal8489 chapter 3 . 9/11/2012
I had just turned 12 and was in the 7th grade in Cincinnati, Ohio. I was sitting in 2nd bell science class when the principal came over the loudspeaker to tell us that something was going on, and teachers should turn on their TVs. The complete silence in a building of 1,000 preteens was eerie. I don't think many of us knew what was going on-I myself had never even heard of the WTC or the word "terrorism"-but it was obvious from how stunned our teachers were that it was very big and very bad.

The bell rang for class change, but everyone stayed where they were. We watched the towers fall. Strangely enough, I barely remember most of the footage. I've seen it again since then-the people jumping, the crash of the second plane, the collapse of each tower-but the only clip I actually remember seeing that day is of people running, terrified, down a street as a cloud of ash and smoke billows after them, turning corners and coming much too quickly for them to outrun it. I had a recurring nightmare about that for weeks, and I would wake up gasping for air every time.

Eventually, we changed classes. I don't remember much else about that day, except that it suddenly dawned on me that I didn't know where my uncle in New York worked, but that wherever it was he was on the top floor. Thankfully, he was fine.

That day was one of the first ones I came home after school to an empty house. I sat alone watching news footage that I didn't understand, trying not to panic. My dad was stuck at work, my 5-year-old brother was at school, and my mother had gone to a funeral two hours away. That in and of itself was awful for her in more ways than usual-no one was truly thinking about the deceased, his wife, his three young children, or the fact that he was from New York and had family who were supposed to have flown in that morning. She said that as she drove down there, she could see other drivers listening to the radio and crying as they drove. When she heard about the strike on the Pentagon, her first thought was of Armageddon.

The impact of what had happened didn't truly dawn on me for several weeks after. I remember thinking it was going to have a nationwide effect similar to the Columbine shooting, which had happened only a couple years before. After that tragedy, we had assemblies and drills at school, there were memorials and news reports, but then people started to move on, and it had no direct impact on the majority of the country. It wasn't until my mom told me we were going to war that I realized this was another beast entirely.

I wish I still didn't know what "terrorism" meant.
Chkgun93 chapter 3 . 9/11/2012
Wow, I'll never forget that day, in the middle of a sales call, dropped everything, went to my church and prayed!
Gayle-Lynne chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Thankyou for sharing this. One ofr my personal friends lost some co workers in the Towers that day. I was home ill in LA and saw the second plane hit the tower - on TV.

I love Castle -and I think you did this tastefully.

daansc88 chapter 3 . 9/11/2012
It's a really touching story.
I'm from Germany an when it happend I was 11. I had just finished my homework and switched on TV, but to a sender which didn't send it imidately, then my brother came home and told me to switch to another sender. We sat on the couch an watch the two towers fall.
I didn't know anybody how died this day, but to be honest when I hear this song from Enya (I dont know the title right know - but over here they played it often on TV, when the showed pictures) I still have to shiver and see the pictures in front of me.
I will never forget this day!
Anon chapter 3 . 9/11/2012
I was at home about to leave on a trip to the cape. I was eight and I still remember it so clearly. A family friend called us and told us to turn on the tv. Needless to say, we never made it out of the house that day. We stayed glued to the tv. We had turned it on before the second tower was hit, so we saw the second plane and the towers fall.

Beautiful story.