Reviews for Silence, Water, Struggle, Hope
Darkly Tranquil chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
Liking the gritty tone and mood of the story so far. I'll be interested to see where you take it. My only gripe would be
the use of present tense writing style, which always feels a little 'off' in a traditional prose narrative. Looking for ward to more of the story.
Ygrain33 chapter 4 . 9/30/2013
A continuation! Great! You're capturing so well Lissa's impressions of the new companions. The first encounter with Morrigan is pure gold :D
Kate chapter 4 . 9/30/2013
Some time this century, then? The next update.
lithigia chapter 3 . 1/28/2012
Saying this is beautiful would be - inappropriate, given the theme. But it is, in a grim and gritty kind of way, isn't it?

Taking it like - rain, hunger - a bit of bad luck, like many women of no status may have in the Middle Ages, or even in the 19th century - or even today, no further than in the slums of our great cities... I digress. We, the more fortunate ones, who can afford to cry and revolt and oppose, shouldn't forget this.

It made me very sad, your post; but, in a good way. It's beautiful.
Bea chapter 3 . 1/24/2012
Have I said how much I love this yet? Because I freaking love this. And though the long wait for updates saddens me, clearly I keep checking back. It's so worth it. :)
Judy chapter 3 . 1/22/2012
You are an EXCELLENT writer and I hope you finnish this story!
Ygrain33 chapter 3 . 1/22/2012
Yay, this made my evening! Just a couple of days, I was thinking how much I'd like this story to continue, and here it is, and as wonderful as ever!
Soren chapter 2 . 12/12/2011
I am loving your story so far. The characters and plot seem very interesting, so I hope you haven't abandoned the story. Please write more.
Kanoa The Free Spirited One chapter 2 . 12/4/2011
You asked for an opinion? Get to writing more dam***! I want to see more of Tabris and her evil-but-oh-so-badass killing! For the love of Andraste, update soon!
Serfius chapter 2 . 10/19/2011
I always like finding good fics that deviate from the games storyline. I also always like when the Warden is pragmatic, like this Kallian is. So many times it makes no sense the decisions made in fics. particularly going to the circle tower to try and save Connor. I can never justify doing that if I'm not meta gaming. Hope to see more soon.
lithigia chapter 2 . 10/9/2011
This is very interesting. Also a fan of Kallian and Elisa, myself :) - nice to have them both in the same story. Liked the dialogue between the two, a lot.
Ygrain33 chapter 2 . 9/14/2011
Sorry to have taken so long but it's sometimes really difficult to get to writing some real feedback than just "great, love it, do continue".

First, I really appreciate the atmosphere: such a simple thing as profound rain, since in-game you never get soaked wet and feel miserable out in the cold. It's also good to be reminded that it can't have been just glorious heroic fights but some nasty and dirty work to ensure survival. Seeing this through Alistair's eyes is a good pick since he is the most idealistic one of the group (and _this_ is how he gradually became hardened, not just by one ridiculous choice of a line to answer)

Second, your doing a great job with fleshing out (even with her gaunt cheeks ;-) ) Kallian - tough and sharp, yet understanding. It's a good point that she addressses Lissa as "kid", though they are of more or less the same age (or is Kallian even younger?), since except for the recent events, the HN has lived a priviledged and protected life.

And third, I don't think that Lissa is being paranoid at all - no other prisoner, except for Loghain or Anora, would be more valuable. Caution is perfectly justifiable.

- Meaning, great work, as always.
Aziethe chapter 2 . 9/13/2011
The summary for this story instantly made me think of an Alistair sandwich. I'm sorry. I can't help it. (I blame Rule 34.)

Cousland's attitude towards Tabris is very believable (she's still an elf, after all) and her fears are hardly unfounded, in any case.

I'm enjoying this. I don't care for Couslands very much but I particularly like your Tabris (and your Aeducan). Still, I wouldn't worry too much about what we random internet ppl think; that way madness lies.
Grey Jackett chapter 2 . 9/12/2011
A very good start, chapters are a bit short.

I do like this story and forward for additional chapters.
Ygrain33 chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Ah, a back story, yes? Damn convincing, and I hope you already have the update ready :-)