Reviews for Stars Above
Psykoakuma chapter 15 . 4/21/2012
I'm so glad I wasn't hungry when I started reading this chapter!

You did a spectacular job with Gluttony and I felt the disgust so vividly horrifying that it was completely sickening! The depiction of the action is this chapter was probably the most detailed and intense to date. And wow! Finally Homura is allowing her feelings towards Kagami to surface. Could this be the reason her soul gem was able to clear itself? I am very happy to see some progress between these two. It's all the more pleasurable since their relationship is fraught with realistic conflicting emotions. Kagami's feelings towards Homura when she learned what happened to Konata being an excellent example of this.

Ah, but the real trouble begins now hey? The biggest problem I can see them facing is that even if they manage to free "Konata" they won't be certain that they succeeded. I have the worst apprehension that Konata has already been replaced by Desideria, and the demon will be free to get close to whomever she chooses, striking her defenseless target at the worst possible moment.

Finally, I have to say I absolutely love the cover art for this story! Seriously, that is some very beautiful artwork! You know, it would be absolutely incredible if you could convince Hikari-Luv to create a scene for each chapter. Yeah, that would be glorious.
Sovereign Beta chapter 15 . 4/21/2012
If Konata's faking it just to scare Kagami, Kagami's probably going to kill her herself.

Other than that the maggots scene was creepy. Well done.
Mercenary Flyer chapter 15 . 4/18/2012
I'll admit, the scene with the maggots made my skin crawl. But your descriptions are very nicely done when they make your reader feel something. The description of the demon and his/her/it whaterver the fuck it is' surroundings were unpleasantly detailed as well.

Using her inherent magic to make the bokken into a weapon, Kagami might not have to make a contract at this rate. I wonder if she'll get an actual sword at some point. .

Also as I feared, they'll apparently have to fight Konata, hopefully they can save her.
Themulchmeister chapter 15 . 4/17/2012
'Tsukasa was still gaping at the little white creature, her hands twitching as if she couldn't decide whether to reach out and try to pet it or not. "He… he's almost cute… but… Onee-chan, come back!"'

That was the most adorable part of this chapter...

'"Homura looked over her shoulder. The Demon was crouched near the peak of one of the tallest mountains, its dark-haired body camouflaged well with the rotting piles of junk… Already in its second stage, it was in the form of a dog roughly the size of an elephant, thin and bony to the point of cruelty, its ribs clearly visible through its thin, wet, stringy coat. Its stomach distended grotesquely, a round protrusion of bare, scarred, gray skin. The dog had three large, bloodshot, jaundiced eyes, all staring directly at them… As they watched, its lips pulled back to reveal sickly pale gums and a mess of yellowed, broken teeth. A thread of spittle fell from its jowls, dangling in the stale air."'

Then we enter the true despair. Just had to quote those two paragraphs as I thought they summed up how well you've contrasted the moods throughout this chapter. And now that Konata's become a cursed Mummy Demon, well it seems anything could happen now...keep going!
Hydrocity3 chapter 15 . 4/17/2012
You didn't disappoint. This was amazing. Kagami takes down a demon with nothing but a bokken. Even a wooden sword can be sharp enough to cut something when held in the right hands. My God the emotional roller coaster you put Homura through when the demon swallowed Kagami right before her eyes. Even the slimy guts and maggots part described in such vivid detail showing how disgusted Kagami and Homura were. The best part had to be when Kagami destroyed the demon from the inside out. Looks like he swallowed more than he could chew. The end of the story they finally find Konata, yay! However it seems like it's already too late. NOOO! Konata-chan! (Note to self if Konata dies, kill all the demons. Breaking news, in a murderous rage a crazed fanboy killed every demon in sight and not a single f*** was given that day. Back to you BHS) Anyway, good job dood. Look forward to the next. You really have me on pins and needles with that cliffhanger.
einootspork chapter 15 . 4/17/2012
I'm surprised a bokken managed to be effective against a Demon at all. Perhaps this is Kagami's Special Powers of Vagueness at works.

As for the ending, well, fuck.
Themulchmeister chapter 14 . 4/17/2012
Well it took 14 chapters but it seems Konata's finally kickin' some Demon arse -well for a glorious few paragraphs at least...

On a slightly related note. I finally mustered up my writing energy and finished off my K-ON/PMMM X-over. And it looks like a dramatic climax is approaching this story soon...please don't leave us holding our breaths for too long and update!

btw, I think Homura is the 'kuudere' type. Konata should've known that right?
Mercenary Flyer chapter 14 . 4/12/2012
Well that ended on a dark note. I can only imagine what the demons will do to the poor girl. Kagami's is starting to reach a bit of a breaking point, and whatever happens next may just put her over the edge.

I've been reading the story since about February, but this is my first review for it. Just want to say i'm enjoying it greatly.

Never watched lucky star before in my life, so I had to do some research, but I'm pretty familiar with PMMM. So it balances out I guess.

Good Luck!
Psykoakuma chapter 14 . 4/11/2012
Hey YO!

Great work on this chapter! Very solid, and perhaps the best yet.

I have to admit I feel a little dumb for failing to recognize what was actually bothering Kagami. I thought it was all about the sex, but that was only a contributing factor. Everything that's happened to her, and everyone she cares about, has finally caught up with her. It hit home, so to speak, when she caught Tsukasa with Miyuki. And now she recognizes that things are changing out of her control, and perhaps some things will never be the same again. Of course that would be scary for anyone.

Oh, how I loved the Homura/Konata scene! Actually got some tinglies reading that! It was very touching and exciting. What a valiant effort! Not sure about Sanae, but Konata really is a good girl! AAATATATA! Looks like at least one of those bastards is already dead! HA! I'm all fired up now!

Patiently awaiting the next chapter.
Hydrocity3 chapter 14 . 4/10/2012
Impressive as always. I love how you build up the tension. Kagami and Tsukasa finally telling the truth to each other, Konata and Homura's desperate struggle for survival. Then both scenes link up in the final sentences of the chapter with Homura calling Kagamin and telling her Konata has been kidnapped. Good job dood. Look forward to the next.
Themulchmeister chapter 13 . 4/3/2012
I can see why you've kept this story had that scene set up from the very beginning didn't you ;)?

Well what a great cliffy to leave us on...Now please give us the next chapter!
Themulchmeister chapter 12 . 4/2/2012
Yes, now I'm down to just one more chapter to catch up! These Nine Demons are sounding more and more intriguing. Shame some of them sound like they've been offed off-screen but still looks like there's plenty of baddies for Homu-chan to kill.
Themulchmeister chapter 11 . 4/2/2012
I can only agree with the other reviewers: fantastic chappy, well written and good use of contrast. And of course, every fanfic's a hundred times more awesome with sprinkles of Yuri. Onto the next one for me!
Themulchmeister chapter 10 . 3/27/2012
Talk about a mood shift...then another mood shift! Great chappy! They should all be this length.
Themulchmeister chapter 9 . 3/26/2012
Finally I've begun catching up with this awesome and very well written fanfic. This chapter was particularly an emotional rollercoaster in itself and the way you've written all the angst is just too brilliant to describe in this review. I'm a bit envious actually since I've had my own Puella Magi/K-ON X-over on the backburner for a while. But reading this stuff might give me some extra angsty mojo to get my own work finished too! Thanks and I look forward to the next chapter!
180 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »