Reviews for Stars Above
einootspork chapter 15 . 4/17/2012
I'm surprised a bokken managed to be effective against a Demon at all. Perhaps this is Kagami's Special Powers of Vagueness at works.

As for the ending, well, fuck.
Themulchmeister chapter 14 . 4/17/2012
Well it took 14 chapters but it seems Konata's finally kickin' some Demon arse -well for a glorious few paragraphs at least...

On a slightly related note. I finally mustered up my writing energy and finished off my K-ON/PMMM X-over. And it looks like a dramatic climax is approaching this story soon...please don't leave us holding our breaths for too long and update!

btw, I think Homura is the 'kuudere' type. Konata should've known that right?
Mercenary Flyer chapter 14 . 4/12/2012
Well that ended on a dark note. I can only imagine what the demons will do to the poor girl. Kagami's is starting to reach a bit of a breaking point, and whatever happens next may just put her over the edge.

I've been reading the story since about February, but this is my first review for it. Just want to say i'm enjoying it greatly.

Never watched lucky star before in my life, so I had to do some research, but I'm pretty familiar with PMMM. So it balances out I guess.

Good Luck!
Psykoakuma chapter 14 . 4/11/2012
Hey YO!

Great work on this chapter! Very solid, and perhaps the best yet.

I have to admit I feel a little dumb for failing to recognize what was actually bothering Kagami. I thought it was all about the sex, but that was only a contributing factor. Everything that's happened to her, and everyone she cares about, has finally caught up with her. It hit home, so to speak, when she caught Tsukasa with Miyuki. And now she recognizes that things are changing out of her control, and perhaps some things will never be the same again. Of course that would be scary for anyone.

Oh, how I loved the Homura/Konata scene! Actually got some tinglies reading that! It was very touching and exciting. What a valiant effort! Not sure about Sanae, but Konata really is a good girl! AAATATATA! Looks like at least one of those bastards is already dead! HA! I'm all fired up now!

Patiently awaiting the next chapter.
Hydrocity3 chapter 14 . 4/10/2012
Impressive as always. I love how you build up the tension. Kagami and Tsukasa finally telling the truth to each other, Konata and Homura's desperate struggle for survival. Then both scenes link up in the final sentences of the chapter with Homura calling Kagamin and telling her Konata has been kidnapped. Good job dood. Look forward to the next.
Themulchmeister chapter 13 . 4/3/2012
I can see why you've kept this story M...you had that scene set up from the very beginning didn't you ;)?

Well what a great cliffy to leave us on...Now please give us the next chapter!
Themulchmeister chapter 12 . 4/2/2012
Yes, now I'm down to just one more chapter to catch up! These Nine Demons are sounding more and more intriguing. Shame some of them sound like they've been offed off-screen but still looks like there's plenty of baddies for Homu-chan to kill.
Themulchmeister chapter 11 . 4/2/2012
I can only agree with the other reviewers: fantastic chappy, well written and good use of contrast. And of course, every fanfic's a hundred times more awesome with sprinkles of Yuri. Onto the next one for me!
Themulchmeister chapter 10 . 3/27/2012
Talk about a mood shift...then another mood shift! Great chappy! They should all be this length.
Themulchmeister chapter 9 . 3/26/2012
Finally I've begun catching up with this awesome and very well written fanfic. This chapter was particularly an emotional rollercoaster in itself and the way you've written all the angst is just too brilliant to describe in this review. I'm a bit envious actually since I've had my own Puella Magi/K-ON X-over on the backburner for a while. But reading this stuff might give me some extra angsty mojo to get my own work finished too! Thanks and I look forward to the next chapter!
Sovereign Beta chapter 13 . 3/24/2012
Yikes. Overreaction, much?
Psykoakuma chapter 13 . 3/22/2012
Yow! That was intense.

I guess I was right about Konata being a little bitter with the way things stand. I'm a bit surprised by the extent of the connection she and Kagami share. I hope Konata would have been just as determined to take action had Akemi-san been a boy. I'm also surprised that Homura would be so shaken by the verbal assault. But these are good surprises!

I think you did a great job depicting Kagami's initiation into kendo. I absolutely understand your fear that the paragraphs of explanation would turn into an expository dump. Believe me, I've seen horrid examples of this phenomena. But I truly enjoyed the manner in which you introduced the terminology and technical details. As far as I'm concerned it enhanced the story, making Kagami's first hand experience with the art a more vicarious experience for the reader.

Wow! Saving the best for last I guess!

Tsukasa is - I mean - wow. That was pretty hot. I certainly suspected they were up to something when Kagami got home, but that scene must have been demon influenced. If only because Tsukasa should have known that Kagami, or anyone else, would be back soon enough. I guess she could have been having one of her airhead moments coupled with unstoppable lust. But still, that seemed a little too careless.

And what of Kagami's reaction? That may have shocked me more than anything! I can imagine her feeling a wide range of emotions after witnessing her sister like that, but to become physically ill? I wonder what this says about how she perceives herself. That worries me a little. Ah, but at least Kyubey enjoyed the show. The bloody space-aged rat!

At this point I have no idea what's to come. But I am looking forward to it with cautious optimism! HA kidding! I'm sure it will be great. (_;)
satuross chapter 13 . 3/21/2012
oops. that was awkward. Seems there aint gonna be any guys in this show cept bad guys.
Hydrocity3 chapter 13 . 3/21/2012
Wow what a chapter, in the words of Spiderman from ULTIMATE... MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3! "The hits just keep on coming."

LEt's start off with Konata. Even when she dropped the airhead act and became more serious towards Homura, it still felt like something Konata would do or an action that was within her character to do. This line was probably the best of the entire chapter. "… I'll be taking you down, bitch. You are already dead." I see what you did there sir. The Hokuto no Ken reference is too real. Using the tagline of the most manliest anime ever created, I tip my hat.

Second, Kagamin taking Kendo. All I have to say is demons beware, even a wooden sword can cleave something in two... in the right hands.

Third, Kagamin walks in on her sister... The only thing I can say is pure genius. Good job dood. Looking forward to chapter 14.
Psykoakuma chapter 12 . 3/19/2012
Ahh! Homuhomu!

How ironic is it that Homura, who sacrifices so much for the girls she loves, doesn't really understand these feelings? Did she really think Kagami was just going to accept all that, and pretend nothing is happening? Making Kagami feel helpless and alone is probably not the best way to convince her of anything.

Kagami's dream was pretty cool though. It was fun to pick out specific girls from the cast of magical and actiony girls. Lost of good memories. Too bad they got beat up though. Speaking of dreams, Tsukasa sure is getting serious about her relationship with Yuki-chan. I never expected she would be so passionate. I wonder how much of that is due to external influences. Not that it matters too much, it's still delicious yuri!

Then Kagami completely broke down at school. Guess things are not as fine as she wants to believe. Clearly Konata is concerned for her friend, but is there also some bitterness I detect? It's hard to say for sure. I have a feeling that Kona-chan will have a role of some sort in the coming events. But Kendo? Really? Well, I trust Kagami knows what she is doing. Still, going after demons with a wooden sword seems a little suicidal. I would have thought she would focus on developing her miko talents. After all, they're very effective against most youkai/oni type beings. Not to mention it would give Konata a great opportunity to tease her about cosplaying as a shrine maiden all the time! HA! Mmm. Makes me think of my favorite shrine maiden ever - REIMU!

So, the demons were all given life from an extremely powerful mother. And they can get their mother back by freeing her from her human shell. It's seems fairly clear their mother was the first incarnation of demon Kagami. But the demons that originally (in the future!) attacked Kagami could not have been this intelligent, as they did not yet exist. Still, they acted in coordination and with a very specific purpose. Not to simply consume Kagami, but release the demon from her human shell. Is there some kind of issue with causality here? Perhaps there are forces at work that have yet to be revealed? Or maybe I just missed some important detail from the earlier chapters (they were a little overwhelming).

Oh yeah, the demon profiles are interesting and well thought out. Too bad some of them didn't get a chance to express much personality before they got Homurized.

Nice transitional chapter, looking forward to more!
175 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »