Reviews for Remembrance and Reflection
galathil chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
I love this is very heart went to all of the US that is a very moving tribute to all.
rachel.p chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
i love it
Malibu Mike chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Very, very nicely done! I grew up watching Adam-12 and remember the show fondly. I could easily see the modern-day Pete and Jim just the way you portrayed them, still exuding strength, still married, and stepping up to help raise their grandson. When something as Earth-shattering and life-changing like 911 happens, at some point along the way, we want our heroes to weigh in. After reading this very well written piece, I feel like two of my childhood heroes just did exactly that.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Utterly heart-breaking and extremely realistic. It's tragic to think of Reed's beautiful little baby growing up and being killed on 9/11.:(
TnJAGAz chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Powerful, moving and excellent - well done! :)
Sandy chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Another very well done piece, very touching and poignant. Love the emotion you bring out in your work.
jerseybelle chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Well done and again (just read the E! story), it brought tears to my eyes.
Sashi4040 chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Wow, what a tough emotional read this was...the humor in the beginning was great and then WHAM! We were left with the realization that this was a memorial service to the little boy's mom and dad who died in the attacks. And then the young man's speech at the end where he reflects ten years later on the tragdies was wonderfully done...I love how you reminded us all not to remember the sorrow of the deaths that day, but the beauty and the happiness of the lives that the dead had lived. Again, a very lovely emotional and uplifting read that ended on a good note, glad I did decide to read some 9/11 fanfic after all. I guess I made an assumption about you, that you were another Johnny writer in the Emergency fandom, and that you did the usual romance stories in the Adam-12 realm, and that was a totally wrong assumption to make, for I've now missed out on reading some really good stories, it appears. So I will be checking out the rest of your work in the future!
Kelmin chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
That was great-I don't know the characters at all (which I keep meaning to fix), but it was still great. I was wondering what was going on in the first part, until your reveal, which was perfectly timed. Then to see the same boy, more grown up, deliver his beautiful speech in the second part-well, you don't HAVE to know the characters. Thanks for writing.
Ginger S chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Few words are needed to tell you what a great story this is. One that comes to mind is AMAZING! another HEARTFELT! and finally BRILLIANT! Thanks for your 9-11 tributes!
SukiSugar chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Honey, don't ever let anyone..and I mean ANYONE...tell you that you cannot write good stories, because if they tell you that, then they don't know jack shit about what good writing is. This is an emotional read and you handled the tragedy well, with proper respect and decorum, and the added little bit of humor was a nice lift to all the sadness otherwise. Great job, you made me cry, and not many stories do that. Off to read the Emergency story now.
ShakespeareCop chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
LOL, little J.J. sounds just like my grandson! Again, mighty fine piece you've done here, fantastic tribute to the 9/11 heroes that died that day. The loss was doubly terrible, as J.J. had both his mother and his father die in the attacks, and again, you made me all teary-eyed and choked up. Piece again is a nice length and it isn't dragged out, nor is it too emotionally overwraught, you've struck a nice balance in both of your stories, and that is pretty hard to do. Love the humor at the beginning, sounds just like a little kid, and then you delivered the sucker punch to the gut and brought in the emotional whomp. You're a mighty fine writer, you should be very proud of your work, I know I would be. Good job on this story too, and like you said, may the sacrifices made in service to our people or our country never be forgotten. When we need heroes to look up to, all we have to do is look to those that died on 9/11, and those that have offered up their lives since then in Afghanistan and Iraq. THOSE are the true heroes of America, in my book.
Sassy Lassie 51 chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Strange as it sounds, I was hoping that if anyone did a 9/11 piece, it would be you, just because I love your work and think you would do a good job at such a piece. So I was thrilled to see this posted and couldn't wait to read it (I actually shoved my hubby offline so I could read it, LOL), and WOW, you've blown me away again, Bam. What a wonderfully moving story this was, so gut-wrenching and heartbreaking to read, but you ended it perfectly, managing to give such a tragic story a happy ending anyway. Somehow you always manage to reach right into the reader's emotions and pull them out, giving us a good thrilling read, and one that makes us THINK about the message you are delivering. I've said it before, you're one hell of a damned writer, and you should be proud of this wonderful tribute piece, it's incredible. I told myself I wasn't going to cry, but by the end, I had no choice, I was bawling whether I wanted to or not. Good thing I had the hankies handy! Fantastic job, off to go read the Emergency! piece next.
Karen19 chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
this was special, not just because of the sensitive topic, but the humor that was in the first could really see everyone in that sanctuary, like you were in the next pew. thank you for writing this.
Walkzone chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
I've been a fan of yours for some time. You know how to write a damn good story. Wish you'd finish up the others, though-like Aftermath of Hell and The Ordinary Day. I miss looking to see what's up next on them.