Reviews for How I Heard
catlover2x chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
Wow. Great interaction between two characters that would share this terrible moment. And in so few words. Awesome.
lovepeacebird chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Thank -you . I almost lost my cuz. that day he was leaving the Petgon (sorry for the spelling) he just pulled out of the driveway when the Plane hit .
Ginger S chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Wow! so totally thought that I had reviewed this wonderful little treat! I guess I was so into the moment on Sunday I forgot and thought I had. I found an interactive video on the History Channel that had videos from several places in New York filmed by witnesses. I highly recommend, if you are up to it, to watch these. They depict a very surreal view of that tragedy. Interestingly enough I had a patient check in on Monday that had been 8 blocks away from the towers. They said they now suffer from lung problems and wonder if it is relevant to the debris filled air that day. SAD! You have captured in just a few words the shock felt around the world. Thank you for sharing!
pam1 chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Your story conveys a lot in just a few words. Very relatable
DixieDavenport chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Loved it! Got the call after the Pentagon was hit. The words that that the Pentagon was on fire was unreal. I was torn between going to the school for the kids, or heading to families to watch news with them. After being assured, kids should be fine, I went to family's. I remember watching the sky for any planes, as I was told all should by that time been on the ground. I of course had the fire dept pager close by.

We have about 22 on our dept now, 12 of out memebers were at the counties memorial service on the 11th.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
I remember all too well where I was when I heard. Very haunting moment.
ShakespeareCop chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
This wasn't too bad, but it's not very emotional, which unfortunately is the case with drabbles. I'd love to see this idea expanded into a further exploration of what Roy felt that day, but NOT Johnny, there's already too many stories out there about him.
fanofrandy chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
I am certain that many MADE and RECEIVED a call similar to Roy's 0600 call that fatful morning. And, no, it has not been the same ever since!

Good one-shot!
robertwnielsen chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Very well-written...could just imagine it unfolding that way for the two characters.

May we never forget the day...September 11, 2001.
Ktgrl810 chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
This story touched my heart on this day of rememberence. Portrays how you wanted to share in the grief of the shock and tragedy of the 9/11 events with those closest to you that day. God Bless all the firefighters and everyone who lost their lives.
Jelsemium chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Good work.
Neemps chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Wow, that was really cool. And especially for today. True, it was on every channel. I always turned on the news in the morning while getting ready for work, and that day it was shocking to wake up to such a horrible thing. The first tower collapsed just as I left to go to work. When I got to my building, in downtown Los Angeles at the time, they were turning everyone away. Most of the high rise buildings were closed. I worked in the ARCO Twin Towers, which is a block away from the Los Angeles World Trade Center, and also a block from the library tower, the tallest building in LA. They were afraid of a similar attack on Los Angeles. So I took the Red Line subway back home and watched the news all day. Much later on it was revealed that there was indeed a plan for a plane to crash into the library tower. Lucky for us it never happened.
Bamboozlepig chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Good little drabble that speaks volumes in so few words. I remember my mom called me on that day and told me to wake up and turn on the tv, that planes had been flown into the WTC and we were under attack. I got up and turned on tv and just sat there in horror, crying. I knew from that day on, life would never be the same, that America was forever changed in those few hours on that sunny Tuesday morning.
Ariane Rivendell chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Wow. Succinct, yet so powerful. Very nicely done...
jerseybelle chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Memories...I had just gotten home from my night shift job. My mother in law called and asked if we were watching tv. I said no and she told me to turn it on. I asked what channel and she said any one, it doesn't matter then hung up.

Good little drabble...says it all.