Reviews for I, Bellatrix
The feeling of not remembering that which is most important... it is a feeling potent enough to drive anyone mad. The description of the flames was a lovely bit to read. Very pleasing visuals. The way you write memories and thoughts is also very well handled, something I much appreciate. I know you requested no mention of updates but... it has been a while and I fear this story abandoned. Hopefully a handful reviews would help to spark that interest to write again.
Being a musician, I do so appreciate that you recognise, to at least some degree, the satisfaction of playing an instrument. I also enjoy the memories and flashbacks our dear Bellatrix is having. It makes things much more ambiguous, in a way. Another layer to the onion, so to speak.
It always comes back to the mother, no? They do have quite the lasting imprint on their offspring. And I do so love the reverence and worship in which dear Bellatrix sees the Dark Lord. It is very interesting to read from such a devout perspective.
Poetic. Baptised as a rebirth by a supposed god-on-earth. Love the undertones throughout. Adding religion to the mix has created a whole new dynamic I hadn't thought to exist. Truly a pleasure.
Her personal hell is very well thought out, and it sounds torturous to me. The fact that she does not recognise anyone but her Lord also fits very well. It makes her obsession seem more natural, in it's own right. The fact that He healed Rebastan in such a fashion makes the fanatical side of her seem absolutely justifiable. Well done.
Hermione Is My Role Model chapter 6 . 11/16/2014
Wow, this story was really powerfully written and amazing, I loved it! I hope you'll continue to update - I'm not pressuring you to update though, I just loved this fanfiction and would like to read more! :)
shelleyrusalki chapter 6 . 10/21/2013
No no noooo I don't want this to be finished! It's too damn good! Seriously though, THIS is amazing... and it kept me entertained for a good hour of my (so very quiet) night shift. X
shelleyrusalki chapter 2 . 10/21/2013
Also, just to add (as I've had a read of your other reviews).. I, personally, LOVE the use of religion here. The biggest cause of war and human destruction in our own world is religion & spirituality, secondary only to the monetary system. I believe that the Blacks could very well have been religious; Sirius was Harry's godparent for one.. so there is definitely room for religious subtext in any HP fictions.
shelleyrusalki chapter 3 . 10/21/2013
This is BEAUTIFUL so far... I have such strong imagery in my head. If only I could draw! I love the dark realism that your writing style takes.. it's works so well when you write Black histories! I'm very much a beginner in writing extensive, and with anything other than poetry and drabbles, and so it's fairly fluffy still... but I aspire to write on this level one day soon.. I can't even describe it! It's detailed, sensory & stunning, yet cutting and straight to the point without too much waffle... Waffle sticks to me too much! Must be the Wrackspurts!
Guest chapter 6 . 2/1/2013
Hm I really dont like the way you have mixed religion with this...
AwkwardOrchid chapter 4 . 10/22/2012
Great story!
Guest chapter 4 . 10/11/2012
Why are you mixing religion with Harry Potter, it's wrong and fucking creepy. o.O
AncientHouseOfBlack chapter 4 . 9/30/2012
Great chapter, loved it :)
GlassCaseOfEmotion chapter 3 . 9/25/2012
Love this story! Everyone is so in character, and while I'm not totally sold on the idea of the Blacks going to church it was a nice creative touch. I can definitely imagine it even if it didn't happen in canon. Imagine being in prison for so long you forget your husband... that was an interesting idea to add into the mix as well.
I'm guessing and hoping there will be some Bellamort coming up!
FeyFaerie chapter 3 . 8/29/2012