Reviews for Obsidian Blade
Bradification chapter 61 . 12/21/2015
I had only recently become interested in Kung Fu Panda again after seeing the trailer for the third film and I felt compelled to come on here and see what good stories I could find. I found this one, Obsidian Blade, and it was absolutely incredible! I wish I could have read this at the time when you were still writing it so that I could have reviewed and watched it develop into its epic journey. Nevertheless, I figured this review, should you still see it, might be of some sort of enjoyment to you.

So lets see what I loved about this story. Well first of all, the story itself was amazingly well done and completely gripping. I wanted to read the entire thing in a day but of course that was not possible. Every chapter was unique and enjoyable. Not at one point did the story drift or become slow and boring. The twists and turns were done exceptionally well and the way you made everything link and not leave anything unquestioned is well done by your part. The story was balanced with the action and bonding, and was able to incorporate the Kung Fu Panda universe swimmingly. Quite literally, this is worthy of being cannon to the actual storyline of the Kung Fu Panda Universe.

The characters really did feel like themselves. You got their personalities spot on. When it came to making the characters act differently from their personalities, such as Tigress showing sadness and openness to Shifu, and vice-versa, you exceeded expectations. Given the fact these emotions are not primarily shown in their characters, having to improvise and write how they would feel and act must have been difficult, but you did it anyway. While I am sceptical of OC characters, yours by far have been an absolute pleasure to read about. Cong turned out to be my favourite. Got to love a bad character that turns good! Your OCs were well written, well described and actually likeable. In some stories, OCs tend to dominate the story and even overshadow the canon characters, but in yours, while they did appear frequently, they did not steal the spotlight constantly and were actually welcoming to the contribution of the story.

The writing was well done. It was not rushed in getting straight to the point. In some stories that I have read, there tends to be little to no description and the writing is just rushed to getting straight to the point without explaining or slowing down. However, Obsidian Blade was excellent in slowing down and going into detail with descriptions and making conversations actually last. They were meaningful too and not pointless.

Not that criticisms would do this story any good since it is a few years old but in general I found nothing wrong with the story. I did see its and it's being used wrong a couple of times but there's nothing to be done about that and it literally does not matter. It's hard to find some sort of criticism for this story but that's probably me being biased since I loved it!

Like I said, I wish I could've read this story sooner but sadly that's not the case. Either way, this was an definite pleasure to read in my spare time. I hope this review is helpful to you and I do hope that you find your inspiration to continue to write. It's hard to find a good author nowadays. I hope that you return to writing once again. I've yet to read this prequel that you've uploaded but I can't wait to get into it. I would absolutely love to read more stories from you, should you find anything to write about.

Once again, this a beautiful story and a definite read for any Kung Fu Panda fan to read!

~Bradification
Guest chapter 61 . 9/13/2015
buaaaa que triste todos tomaron su camino haaa y shifu asegurandose que tigresa no tomara las de villa diego jeje y pobre gato montes pero al menos encontro su familia
Guest chapter 60 . 9/13/2015
hay ya se van haaa que pena
Guest chapter 59 . 9/13/2015
jaja pobre shifu parece niño regañado jaja y los chicos jaja en ese abrazo panda
Guest chapter 58 . 9/13/2015
jaja ese rui no cambia en el más alla jaja y quise llorar con el despertar de shifu
Guest chapter 57 . 9/13/2015
que bella es la verdadera amistad
Guest chapter 56 . 9/13/2015
quiero tirarme a llorar como una niña de cinco años buaaa
Guest chapter 55 . 9/13/2015
jaja no vaayas a la luz
Guest chapter 54 . 9/13/2015
nooo salvarse para morir asi nooo
Guest chapter 53 . 9/13/2015
ese loco necesita una lección
Guest chapter 52 . 9/13/2015
por que el mal nunca juega linpio caray siempre es cochino
Guest chapter 51 . 9/13/2015
huy eso estuvo cerca abajo ese maldito panda traidor desonrro a una familia y a su propia familia eso es y merece pagarse con su vida
Guest chapter 50 . 9/13/2015
maldita sea se acabo el capi allí detesto al hermano de shifu
Guest chapter 49 . 9/13/2015
ese panda creo que ya es hora que shifu le de una lección a su hermano mayor
Guest chapter 48 . 9/13/2015
detesto a ese panda y esposaaaa queeee
1,122 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »