Reviews for Paradigms
Yami Maleci chapter 5 . 2/20
Your writing is brilliant! I can't even think of a good word how describe how awesome your stories are and I really will be looking forward to when this one updates!
cheersKai
Qu33rzi chapter 5 . 12/10/2014
update please?
nimthriel chapter 5 . 6/27/2013
I recognize that this is probably moot, but this story is brilliant. I sincerely hope you revisit it sometime in the future.
HowlynMad chapter 5 . 3/15/2012
I can't express properly how in love I am with your characterizations of Crane and the Joker. Crane is dangerous here and while not the toughest of villains is certainly not submissive or weak (I dont know why people write him that way) and the Joker while brutal actually thinks about things and is even capable of keeping up with Crane.

I found this story after reading Escalation and I sooo hope you continue. The plot is intriguing but again its the characterizations that just rivet you...
KelpBass chapter 5 . 2/15/2012
Absolutely and completely in love with this story!

Awaiting the next installment!
Anonon chapter 5 . 1/25/2012
Brilliant. You have a wonderful way with words, the way you put together stories and paint pictures is just amazing.

there were a few spelling or grammar errors, but not enough to take away from the story and you still get a 10/10 for this chapter from me. Can't wait for an update
Cyberbutterfly chapter 5 . 1/21/2012
Okay.. Well, it may have taken you a while (which- no need to apologize, real life needs to take priority) it was WELL worth the wait!

First, let me just say that your Batman is incredible- and I loved reading the first scene with him confronting a 'standard' villain. We all no Batman doesn't kill, but the idea that he'd go as far to pull his punches when fighting the usual fare was both well thought out and novel. After all, this man isn't a hammer and anvil- and his fighting style couldn't be strictly that either.

Then we have the incident with the police, and you've given us another look into the character. He's SCARY. It doesn't matter that he's the 'good guy'... Batman chose his look to intimidate, and it's going to do that no matter who is staring at him. To show that the victim as well as the police could be as scared (if not more so) by his presence was an interesting approach, as well as another step in study his psychology.

Moving on to Batman and Joker's 'meeting' and we start to see a little more of the plot thicken. And no matter WHAT Joker says, his actions are NOT random... If the movie (and your prequel) showed us, it's that Joker always goes in with a plan, and he forces those around him to follow. So Joker handing that file over is a promise of big things to come, and I'm literally sitting on the edge of my chair to see what those might be.

And the fight was informative all on it's own... Because one of the most dangerous things about the Joker is his ability to get to the MAN behind the mask... Make him lose a bit of that control. You showed that perfectly, and it was a subtle way of showing just where the Joker's real threat to the Bat lies.

*giggles with excitement like the fan girl I am* and then it's back to Joker and Scarecrow, and may I just say that they were BOTH in fine for this chapter... And I have to say, I'm even more impressed with Scary... He actually managed to backtrack the clown, and that's impressive (considering Bat's couldn't)... Granted he's spent a little more time getting to 'know' Joker, but it's just another little hint you've dropped at the level of 'quiet' menace Scarecrow can actually hold. The fact that he actually managed to SURPRISE the Joker, even more so.

And then you have the revelation that Joker doesn't always know which on is in control (even though he did say that it was the mask that hindered him)... The idea of Crane and Scarecrow being able to switch on a dime is FASCINATING, and I'd love to see you explore that further... If nothing else, it's a new degree of danger to the character. Because with two people rapidly shifting, he's be EXTREMELY hard to predict... At least to those who don't have a intimate understanding of their personalities. (Meaning: Joker would handle it fine, everyone else- even Batman- would have there money cut out)

As always with those two in the same room, it's less about reading what's said as it is figuring the inbetween meaning... A vicious little dance they weave for sport and fun. And I'm curious to see whether or not Crane takes Joker's offer on staying. I don't think he's inclined to reside in the 'squabble', but with Scary so close to the surface, and his growing fascination/interest in Joker, it really becomes a toss up to see who wins the argument.

As always, this chapter was fantastic. Your writing and attention to detail, as well as your obvious appreciation and dedication to the characters never falters and it makes your stories a true joy to read.

I have been, and remain a studious fan of your work, and look forward to the next chapter, no matter how long it may be.
Anonon chapter 4 . 1/8/2012
This is amazing. I'd chance to say that I like this better than some of the comics.

It's quite brilliant writing, but I must admit I'm hopeful for a similar occurrence to your prequel. ;T

Either way, this story is incredible, and I look forward to updates like a hopeful child waiting for santa to bring gifts.
SyntheticPetals chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
"It was a significant indication of what Scarecrow had put him through that he didn't bother to beg for mercy."

This is so tantalizing, please expand for your readers on what this may have been - what scarecrow really does is so far a little absent from ur writing. but otherwise its amazing!
Lauren chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
I have never read a piece of fan fiction that has captivated me like this, your work is absolutely stunning! I find it so fascinating - I haven't felt this way about a piece of writing in a long time.

Maybe it's because I'm a psych student, but I am so fascinated with Crane's "bedside manner" I would really encourage you to explore the process of him being with a "patient" a little more deeply.

Absolutely stunning - if this were a novel, I'd buy ten copies!
Cyberbutterfly chapter 4 . 11/28/2011
Okay... WOW- this took me a long time to respond to. (sorry about that)

I've read your stories involving Crane and Joker, and loved all of them... But, I have to say- you do a DAMN GOOD Batman too. Theres a fine line in writing him (I think- I've never actually done it... Mostly BECAUSE of that thin line)... A little too far one way, and he's Adam West campy- a little too far in the other direction and he gets REALLY dark, REALLY fast.

Your doing an EXCELLENT job at riding right down the middle. He's intense, driven, brooding- but never steps over that invisible line into psychotic... Something else for me to commend you on.

Plus, he's just damn fun to READ, the way you have him written.

Then there's Crane and Joker... I'm S-O glad theses two are 'working together' again... Just the dynamic of how they play off each other makes it a joy to read.

And you've got me SCAMBLING to figure out what Arkham wants with that formula. If there's one thing we all know- it's that the only people as crazy as the people IN Arkham, are the people RUNNING Arkham- so the possibilities of why they want this type of chemical are unending. (because- we all know Bruce would NEVER allow something like that to be used... So it's got to be on the downlow)

And if the teaser of the chemical, Batman's resolve to hunt Scarecrow, AND Joker's appearance at Wayne Tower aren't enough... Now you've got Joker planning something loud and visual...

Considering the way you write- I'm going to assume you've had training at juggling ;)

Anyway, the whole chapter was one big tease in my opinion... And excellent, dynamically written tease... So write away my friend, and I will sit here (bouncing on my chair) waiting for the next chapter, and the next big reveal!
Guest chapter 4 . 11/20/2011
Yayz for update! Absolutely wonderful. I can't wait to see what the joker cooks up especially since Bruce already seems so stressed!

Keep up the good work!
strixx chapter 3 . 10/29/2011
Loved it, can't wait for the next update. The Joker and Scarecrow are a perfect match.

I think you stuck very close to character, remarkably so.

My hat goes off to you.
Cyberbutterfly chapter 3 . 10/27/2011
Okay... So, you know your awesome, right?

Damn, I love these guys when you write them... Scarecrow and Crane were just fantastic in this, and I loved the interplay between the two while they were causing trouble in Wayne Tower.

And I appreciate the fact that you've made smart characters that would actually stop to think 'How DID Batman get here so fast.' Because we all know it wasn't Crane's phsyical prowless that made him a threat to Batman...

At first, I was surprised you didn't show a little more of him- but then I really got to enjoy the fact that you didn't. Bruce was unprepared (as much as Batman can be) and facing an unknown adveasary (though the gas and fear probably cleared that up pretty quick) IN a different suite... It makes sense that not only would be be cautious, but upon seeing his staff being crippled with fear, he'd be more concerned about getting Crane out of the building and his people safe than running all across town.

And again, the fact that Scarecrow and Crane handled the Bat's the way they did is just perfect... And I LOVED the fact that Scarecrow has gotten to the point were Batman is 'exciting' to him... That's going to make things interesting.

Then, you just HAD to go and bring our boys back together! (jumps up with glee) These too are just WAY to much fun, and I'm more than a little thrilled that they've met once again.

And the fact that Joker would allow Scarecrow to stab him in the neck (because I KNOW it was ALLOWED to happen) shows an interesting transition in the character dynamic between the two. That, and you had to go and leave us with that cliff hanger!

I mean, seriously, Wayne Enterprise and Crane developing similar type compounds... You KNOW that's going to get everyones attention.

Can't wait for more. (now, if you excue me, I have to go read your other story :D)
Mrs. Flash chapter 3 . 10/26/2011
The conversations between Jonathan and scarecrow are creative, very in character, and useful for informing the reader! Good work.

I sense potential batman identity crisis stuff, which is, in my opinion, a necessary factor in almost Every superhero story, especially batman. Thank you :)

Keep writing! I look forward to your next update.