Reviews for 9112001
Lynn7667 chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Though the day September 11, 2001 was incredible sad, I couldn't help but laugh when I had seen the day this story was published. May I ask if you did that on purpose? Anyways, I loved your story, it was incredibly well written. Keep up the good work!
HearMeROWR chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
I read that an hour ago...I'm still crying. I think you broke me. Or. Atleast my heart.
BBBA chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
On September 11, 2001, I was the proud young wife of a rookie firefighter. On behalf of the 343 brothers and sisters . . . family . . . that we lost that day, I thank you for this story.
abbyli chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
I really don't think anyone will ever forget 9-11-2001. But it just makes me sad that people are using that day to create more terror and hatred and ignorance. That is the only problem I have with it.

God bless those who lost their lives and those who fought to survive and to save others. God bless to those who remember that day the right way, just keeping these lost souls in our hearts. May God Bless You for reading this story, for writing this story and keeping those thoughts in your soul.
Fish Stick Friday chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
First off, you have a lot of guts to even take on a story about 9/11. I wouldn't even dream of even trying to take on such a daunting task. Having said that, I have no doubt that this will be a good read. After all, you are the author...

Yeah, that's one thing that bugs me about reporters. Like you said, they are so desperate to get a good story that it makes them come across as insensitive.

Okay, the fact that David was 26 is really eerie. That's how old I am now. Was that intentional or a mere coincidence?

I like how none of the boys really fades to the background in your stories. I wish I could do that in my stories. Usually one or two characters are the central focus, and the rest are kind of just there, but not much.

It was rather heartbreaking to read about how 9/11 changed each of the boys, but none moreso than Carlos. He was a far cry from his usual optimistic, happy-go-lucky self. It also probably has something to do with him breaking down and crying at the end. Carlos should never cry. Not because he should be emotionless, but because he should never have a reason to cry. He should never have to deal with loss or grief.

I liked how the survivors and the familie of had aged looks on their faces. You don't go through something like this without being forced against your will perhaps to grow up a little bit.

I thought it was tragic about David's wife. Particularly because she was pregnant.

I thought it was powerful how she was accepting at first, but then started to give into her emotions and become desperate and hysterical (and I don't mean that in humorous context...).

I can safely say that you, just as I suspected you would, did this story justice. Really though, I expected no less from you. Well done yet again, Laura! XOXO
CountryPeach05 chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Lovely story. Very sad.
WyszLo chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Laura, this was beautiful.
bluestring chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
I was beautifully written. It was touching and sad.

I do hope thoe who suffered and are suffering from the 9/11 attack will feel better.

Thanks for writing this story.
CrayonsPink chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
This was so beautiful. Thank you for writing this to capture what so many people felt that day, and to remind us what we should never forget. Bravo!
bballgirl22 chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
this was beautifully written. thank you for writing it.
Boots'N'Opals chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Beautiful tale, Miss Fenway. Excellent writing and emotion, as you for writing another touching masterpiece, and leaving us a memoir to commemorate this day and the lives lost because of it's events. God Bless those who were struck deepest by 9/11.
purplerocks13 chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
I was only in Kindergarten when this happened, but I do remember coming home from school and walking through the door, seeing my Dad watching the news. On all the channels, was news about the World Trade Center being attacked. I was sitting next to him, watching the twin towers fall, news people trying to explain such tradgedy, and people crying. I came closer to the screen, and saw little black dots falling off the roof of the buildings. I asked my dad what they were and he just said, people. My eyes filled with scared tears and I asked why people would jump off, and he told me there was nothing else they could do, but jump. I cried, but I didn't fully understand why, I was just sad for the people who knew them. He then shooed me to the kitchen to do my work, but I couldn't knowing there was people who needed help, and there wasn't enough people to help them all.

God Bless all families, friends, and victims who were affected by this dark day in our nations history.
SmileCauseItsWorthIt chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
This was perfect. You really captured the devastation and hopelessness people felt that day. You also showed the loss of innocence of the the boys. No matter what age, innocence and trust in the world was lost, perhaps moreso for children. I was 6 years old when this happened and the other day my dad commented on how less trusting our generation is than any one in the past. Whether one saw the devastation firsthand or on tv, heard a story or experienced it, lost a loved one or thought they did, every single American was touched. You did a brilliant job of capturing all of it. A heartbreaking story for a heartbreaking tragedy.
happygirl57 chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
That was so heart breaking and my heart really does go out to all those who have lost loved ones. Ironically, I'm writing a story a lot like this, but I swear that I didn't do it intentionally. This was so touching that I cried. That day has changed our country more than ever and thousands of people were killed. Once again, my heart goes out to all of hem. Amazing job and keep writing.
Skittles Pie chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
I may not be American, but my heart and soul go out to all of those people who had lost loved ones or had been traumatized by that day, by that time. But not only them, but for all the people who were only able to listen or watch, because even though comfort is helpful, it's not helpful enough to bring back the dead. I thank you for writing this, because frankly, there aren't enough fictions with reality like this.