Reviews for Kindred Spirits
hillstar chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
This story is absolutely beautiful. Over years of reading LOTR and watching the movies, it has often occurred to me how Eowyn's experiences and bravery are analogous to what Frodo goes through and the courage he exhibits...maybe even a female version of that kind of strength. But you just really bring together their understanding and compatible natures so well, and occurs to me that these two characters share very little time in the book, if any, but are responsible for saving each other nonetheless. I have read a lot of "Frodo receives comfort" fiction, but somehow this seems one of the most believable stories, in the way they relate to each other and trust each other. The format of smaller pieces strung together works very nicely too, giving it a lovely and poetic rhythm.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
I actually really liked this :D
avalonchick5 chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
I love it. Love, love, love. Your writing style is gorgeous and mystifying and intriguing to read and the fact that you put Frodo and Eowyn together makes me so happy I could burst. I really really hope you write more of them, seeing as there is an enormous lack of stories about the duo and your writing is fabulous.

Love,

Avalon
lovethosehobbits chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Oh, Febobe this was so lovely
Silent Game chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
First of all, I would like to say that the writing in this piece is lovely; although the drabbles are, of necessity, very brief, the imagery is still quite vivid and striking. I also like that the individual drabbles, while still being separate pieces weave together to form a complete story.

There are, of course, all sorts of "Frodo recovering after the quest" fics out there (which is a good thing, really), but this seems to me to be a unique take on it, with combinations of characters and scenarios that I have not seen before. And I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well done; the story drew me in, then gently headed in a direction I had not at all been expecting, and made it work. :)