Reviews for Becoming a Master
Lucario King chapter 11 . 16h
While I'm at it, and I say this with the utmost respect for this fan fiction and your storytelling abilities, here's what I want to say about this chapter.
I cried like a baby, bitch.
I think I love you, but my god...this chapter...tear out my heart and eat it, why don't you.
Lucario King chapter 10 . 16h
Here we go, this is about right. This is my official Violet rant you guys, so hang on to your hats. I first saw Violet, and I was so disappointed. I thought, oh, great, ANOTHER Mary Sue with no redeemable qualities other than masochism, who everyone likes for no reason.
I was so wrong, holy shit. This girl. This fucking, awesome girl, is one of the most underrated badasses I've ever seen. She's saved Indigo's life like NINE TIMES, and her POV sections are such a breath of fresh air compared to Indigo's inner conflict monologues and his struggle for redemption. Like, she makes this fanfic SO much better, and that's fucking saying something. I don't even LIKE puns, but fuck, she's had me laugh out loud so many times. She's honestly such a great person, and I like how her character has developed, along with her relationship with Indigo. (as friends, I'm not one of THOSE shippers)
SO, TLDR, Violet is the best cinnamon roll, and no one will convince me otherwise. I hope these two go on lots of adventures together. her puns and Indigo's sass is a match made in heaven, I swear.
Lucario King chapter 9 . 16h
Had to go back cause I forgot to review this one. Freaking. Mandatharak. Will haunt my nightmares for the rest of my life, I swear. For those who haven't read this chapter yet, this chick makes the best damn villains you'll ever see in Pokemon fanfiction, ESPECIALLY later on.
I'll just say this. Giant, blood soaked Arbok wearing the bones as armor. Also, the ENTIRE scene development with the Arbok den was fucking beautiful, I had chills. I just thought of something else, but it isn't really about this chapter, so I'll post it in a review for the right one, KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!
Lucario King chapter 15 . 16h
“This seems like over the top bribery to make us forget we almost died in your secret death cave.” HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Indigo is the fucking best, I love him so much. Great chapter, but hurry it up with the story edits. But seriously idk how you write such high quality stuff, this is better than lots of actual books I've read, grammar and all. Keep up the good work!
Michaelmanster chapter 1 . 4/8/2016
Wow! This chapter was fantastic at setting things up. I really loved the darker tone of Pokemon theme here. It was great!
zeoten chapter 33 . 3/9/2016
I hope this get update again

I am not the to say a lot but all will I will say is that my theme song for this fic is
Hold on to you by natewantstobattle
The.Wholock.Brony.Assassin chapter 12 . 3/6/2015
Oh the "trying to kill future evil overlord only to be the cause of it" cliche. I really hates when that happens because in the end it always comes true. And it's always so tragic.
EnderBlazeHybrid chapter 10 . 1/13/2015
There is no way they would let anyone, including Sabrina, get away with freaking murder and assult.
Vryheid chapter 27 . 1/11/2015
I tried to enjoy this story, I really did. This is unusual because on the surface this story has a lot of elements I like in Pokemon fanfiction. It has a human transforming into a Pokémon, and shows the change of perspective in an interesting way. It has battle scenes which are action oriented and don't feel like trainers mindlessly calling out commands. It has good writing and descriptions and dialogue which feels natural and emotional. The time travel elements are handled well and adds a level of complexity to the plot. It has humor and drama and hints of romance, which are all balanced well. On the surface it seems to have everything needed to be considered a top tier Pokemon fanfic.

It also has one of the most annoying protagonists I've ever encountered on this website.

To understand Violet, you need to realize that despite never transforming into a Pokémon like Indigo, she's the least human character in the story. She's a walking caricature, a simple minded (and borderline sexist) stereotype. She's a naïve, self-righteous nitwit who cares more about moral showboating that actually helping her friends. She's so pathetically ignorant and helpless that it's sickening to read about her at times. Her only saving grace is her ridiculous amount of good luck and circumstance that invariably saves her whenever she's in trouble. Judging by her inability to think for herself, act rationally, or make sacrifices for the greater good, without this luck I don't think she should've lasted five chapters. It's a shame she's been alive as long as she has.

I've tried to reflect on why I feel so strongly about this character. Why is it with all these other elements of the story that work so well, this one character has managed to aggravate me so much that I simply could not finish reading the story? I think a lot of it comes down to cheated expectations. We're treated to a character who's dumb enough to get Magikarp as a starter, who's hurt her friends and family with her own pig headedness, and who honestly is a terrible trainer. Then Indigo arrives and we start believing that she'll begin to grow as a character. That surely, she'll come to realize that capturing Pokémon that are way too strong for her to handle is a bad idea. That surely she'll learn to become more independent and less obsessed with being a goody two shoes even at the expense of her own health. But she never does. She never changes, and the only thing that seems to grow with her is the number of excuses that justify all her irrational and self-indulgent behavior. This dissonance takes me out of the work because I feel as a reader that my expectations have been dashed by an author who simply didn't care about what kind of message they were trying to put across.

Let me make it clear, though – this is not a "bad" fanfiction by any means. It has good writing, it has interesting backstory, it has intense action scenes. I'd go as far as to say it's a great fanfic – just an incredibly frustrating one. If you can ignore this one character who has the moral complexity of a toothpick, I'd say it's even enjoyable. I couldn't, though, and for that reason it's hard for me to recommend anyone else try to read this all the way through.
Commando64 chapter 33 . 1/11/2015
It's really catching up now! Looking forward to the next chapter!
OseanSoldier chapter 33 . 1/10/2015
Man, sorry to hear about your lost progress... That really stinks... Was wondering why this next chapter was taking so long. Either way, it was well worth the wait.

The beginning of the chapter was sad... They shouldn't be fighting... It certainly had its twists and turns. The end was surprising and now I want the next chapter ever so more. I really cannot wait to see how you plan on ending this wonderful story of yours.
FtDLulz chapter 33 . 1/10/2015
Great chapter as always!

Also, what word processor do you use? I find that LibreOffice is a really good one if you're looking for another.
OseanSoldier chapter 32 . 10/13/2014
Well... This chapter was certainly different... and unexpected in many ways... Lots of surprises and answers. Now just one remains, why does Tero want to see the world burn?

Great job again, and I can totally relate to the college thing.

I have never really been able to make up my mind on Avery... earlier I would have sided with Violet. Now... I am pretty cemented with Indigo. This next chapter is going to be big, that much I can tell.
Omg chapter 4 . 10/13/2014
okay,

why

just why

does this little IDIOT of a trainer

have a MASTERBALL

TWO of them

WTF
Seas and Shadows chapter 31 . 8/15/2014
God, that took three weeks to read. It was all beautiful.

Indigo really shouldn't have said that. "You can't do that until Violet's dead." Yeah. Not the best plan, Blue-eyes.

Keep up the amazing work!

Out of curiosity, do you have a beta? I really need one.

Good job!