Reviews for Becoming a Master
Say what now chapter 1 . 2/8
Oh man, thanks for the warning, that dude is EVIL. I hope he dies. I hope Indigo completes his obligatory redemption arc, goes back in time, and punches "Tero" right in his stupid smug face. He's the worst and I hate him, omg.
Just a fangirl chapter 19 . 12/31/2017
I was not expecting to ship this so hard, yet here we are. Indigo and Riza need a ship name. I vote NinjaShipping or DestinedShipping. Violet and Riza would be VioleteyesShipping, lol. (jk they've nver met)
MotherfSnakes chapter 36 . 12/31/2017
WHAT. JUST...WHAT.
I was like, oh, I know what's gonna happen, we already know how Indigo's story goes mostly, but NO. YOU TRICKED US, gahhhhhh! You knew exactly what we would think, and you played us like a fiddle!
Well played little miss firebright, I HATE YOU BUT WELL PLAYED.

I won't spoil this twist for anyone reading the reviews. I canNOT BELIEVE I DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING. Poor Indigo, no wonder he ends up so guilt ridden, Tero Akkarin is a demonic nightmare and he never stood a chance. I hate this, Indigo is a main character who isn't making stupid mistakes but he's losing anyways. I literally have no idea how he's going to get out of this. None. And there's one more section with Indigo? What more can you put us through? What plot reveals haven't been shown? You threw so much action and character growth in this section, but we know how it ends because of Chapter 1? How do you even fight an enemy like THAT?

We know his name is going to be revealed as Tero Akkarin, but after this I no longer trust you, so I won't have any expectations on that front. There's aother twist. I don't know what it is, but I can SENSE it coming. You'd better not skimp out on finishing this story, go write dangit!

I'm not over this. How dare you...and keep up the good work.
TyrantTympole chapter 4 . 12/31/2017
Great chapter! There was lots of suspense through out that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

I wonder where Indigo will end up going... Will he stay with Violet or join Karo Asuna and his team of monsters...
Unstopable M chapter 16 . 12/31/2017
just dropping in to say I love this so far.
Vile chapter 9 . 12/30/2017
Doctor Camellia is the lamest villain name ever, no wonder he got a new one. Tero of the Burning Shadows is way cooler. And what on earth did he do to traumatize Indigo so thoroughly, damn. o_o

On the subject of villains. Yours are really good. Just sayin. All your characters are good but the villains bring out the best in your MC's perfectly without making things too easy for them. I don't know if everyone will survive this arc and I love not knowing. You could kill someone I'm sure of it. (in the story. don't know much about you as a person)

The ditto pisses me off, I hope it dies.
Vile chapter 7 . 12/30/2017
Not a perfect story but worth reading for the entertainment. Great beginning arc I loved the character development. The Magikarp is glorious. I know people always say this, but I'm legitimately interested in future chapters. Hopefully Karo is not a part of them. He sucks. More King of Fire or Queen of Ghosts dangit, I demand the cool villains back! Orange eyed pansy can go die. (Is ghost girl a villain? She totally should be if not, tons of potential for evil.) Indigo's debate about joining the evil side was perfect, really showed his personality and struggles. Did I mention I want to know more about the King of Fire dude?
TyrantTympole chapter 3 . 12/30/2017
That was such a well written chapter.

I'm glad to see a powerful trainer turn out to be a villain, it really gives a nice touch to the story.

Awww. The ending was sweet... WAIT WHAT DID SHE JUST SAY?!

I don't like that at all... the fact that she threw a Master Ball is cheap. Where'd she even get it?
voodoo8536 chapter 36 . 12/30/2017
So. I really, really wasn't expecting this to be so good, but I just read it in one sitting... Thanks for writing this. That was a sarcastic and a genuine thanks, by the way. I'm just glad it was a friday night that I just so happened to stumble across this, as its now getting close to noon on saturday... Looking forward to more! I've never seen someone incorporate video game elements like evs and ivs so well, though I always have and still do hate the concept of the four move limit in fanfiction. This story more than compensates for it, though I think any story with that nonsensical limit would be better without it. I get that this is based in the video games... but some elements of them really, really just don't translate well into fiction. The four move hard limit is stupid. The brokeness of pokemon being able to learn their entire movesets is a problem, but one with a fix. Limit official battles to four moves. It's a vast improvement over following the game logic completely, while allowing a lot of freedom to decide how battles will flow based on the options available. I've always felt battles written in that system are so much better, because you've got all the options that a character has accrued over a story to make it more interesting. Just a mini rant on something I feel detracts from a good few fics that really doesn't have to, and one I feel detracts from this one. On the whole though... Followed and favorited.
TyrantTympole chapter 2 . 12/28/2017
Oooh... an ominous chapter with lots of ghost types. I like it!

Another good job in writing this chapter, and good job in describing all the feelings the characters are feeling.

The entire time the ghost types were mocking her, I couldn't help but giggle myself. :D
TyrantTympole chapter 1 . 12/27/2017
This book is so mysterious!

You have done a wonderful job grabbing my attention to this book and writing this introductory chapter, its probably the best Pokemon FanFic I've ever read... and I've read a lot of them.

I'm reading the next chapter ASAP, and you can expect more reviews. :D
SerenaxAsh chapter 15 . 12/26/2017
Lance is hooootttttt o_o Gimme
MadDogz chapter 8 . 12/26/2017
You don't believe in filler much do you? lol you're wounded and barely won against that orange eyed guy, you can totally handle Cerulean Cave right now, good luck scrubs.
Seriously though this is good. You might have the best writing skill I've seen on FF. Author level, easy. As for the plot I like it so far, especially how you don't tell us everything about the characters backstories right away like most authors.
Violet is ok, but she's a little meh compared to Indigo. But for an OC she's amazing. All your OC's are amazing. To the point where I don't want to call them OC's, because that would lump them in with all the terrible 2D bullcrap characters on this site.
Seems like there's another awesome villain coming up soon, if the reviews aren't lying to me. Bring it. :)
Enlil45 chapter 35 . 12/24/2017
Finally finished reading everything. If there's one thing that really stands out, its the character development. There are so many unique characters, and I have found myself invested in almost all of them. Indigo and Violet (lol) in particular have so much history which made them who they are, and I love how you carefully built them up through their respective backstories. Speaking of backstory, there is a lot but it doesn't break up the plot too much and Indigo's is incredibly engaging. Honestly, it could stand on it's own two feet as an independent story without any connection to pokemon. Can't wait for the next chapter, thanks for the read!
NekoAtsume chapter 33 . 12/24/2017
Zayne is hot. WHY DO YOU KILL EVERYTHING I LOVE, sadfghkddakhd
But human Indigo isn't too bad either, mmmmmm. :)