Reviews for Hard Decision
NoLongerActive11111 chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Sorry for being a little late. :)

I thoroughly enjoyed this next installment about Alexander. About this particular events I know very little of, so it was educational to read. As always. And thought provoking. Thank you for writing it.

What I enjoyed the most was how you portrayed Alexander, as a great politician he doubtlessly was and clearly a man with doubts and weaknesses. His policy with the old general before and after his betrayal is perfectly understandable. No king can really tolerate treason among his advisers no matter how good/loyal they were or how talented they are. I liked how you portrayed it in Alexander - the duality between being a friend and a king, with much more limited choices.

Hope to see more soon!

Yours,

N R
Gif chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Being a king implies making hard decisions, and no matter how Alexander could find it painful, what he did was the only reasonable thing to to. His reluctance goes to his credit, anyway. I have always wondered what his feelings could have been when he signed Parmenion's death sentence; thank you for describing them in this story...I also appreciated a lot the historical accuracy, in a few lines you managed to picture the whole situation of Alexander's court under this dangerous situation.

I loved your Hephaistion! Alexander surely needed a strong, determined loyal friend at his side in cases like this.

I definitely hope to read more from you.

Gif
delos13 chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
This was indeed one of the most difficult decisions that Alexander had to make in his life.

Your story made me thinking (for the first time, I must admit) about the following - what if during the time of Philotas' betrayal his both younger brothers were still alive? The sources indicate that both Hector and Nicanor were quite different from Philotas and Alexander loved them far more. Would he then spare Parmenion's life if Hector and Nicanor would take Alexander's side and repudiate their own older brother?

What do you think?
deelove1 chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
The right thing to do is often the hardest to do. Alexander did his best.