Reviews for Wind Through the Burning Sakura
Ins0mniatic chapter 8 . 2/17/2012
I thought this was cute. A true father son moment, reminded me of what my Dad would have done.
bj21 chapter 7 . 2/6/2012
YAY, new one-shot! :D

You know how I'm just a sucker for anything that involves brothers, brotherly relationships, etc. XD Anyway, I really love how the theme of this one-shot really revolves around how first-born sons are really all that matter and the second-borns are just spares in case the first one should die.

I just adore the way you describe Izuna's feelings towards his big brother. He holds some jealousy toward him, but can never full out hate Madara. That and he's prepared to sacrifice himself for the sake of his beloved brother. If that wasn't love, I don't know what is.

I saw a hint of MadaIzu there. Me likey. XD

And about Ran and Katsuro... Interesting on how Madara only declared Katsuro as the official heir to keep eyes away from Ran. I see some favoritism here on Madara's part and clearly Yuzuki's not liking that. Interesting... I look forward to seeing that be fleshed out in SotM.

Anyway, great one-shot! :D
melioko chapter 7 . 2/6/2012
I'm really impressed! You described Madara's suffering in such a detailed way! He was such a powerful, arrogant, feared, yet respected man, but illness has turned him in a mere shadow of the leader he was... His suffocating pain and despair left me breathless!

It's so unfair that things had to end up like this! Maybe, if he didn't lose his sight, he would have eventually gained Konoha's trust and lead the village at Hashirama's side. And perhaps the Uchiha clan would still live...

I'm more and more interested in the relationship between Katsuro and Ran, you know. And I'm also curious to know how they felt about Hikari, when they found out their new sibiling was a girl...
RougeAngleOfSatin chapter 7 . 2/6/2012
Squish, squish, squish! How delightfully gruesome. And he didn't even realise he was doing it either. That reminds me of this one time I had anesthetic at the dentist, and I chewed a big hole on the inside of my bottom lip because I couldn't feel it.

Izuna loves you big brother. He loves you long time. *creep creep* Bless him though. If Madara honestly never noticed that, he's either really densely oblivious, or Izuna is a fantastic liar. Probably both. My only complaint is that I still don't think it's possible to do an eye transplant like that without a medic. Speaking of, Yuki took the eyes? *suspicious*

As for the last chapter- lol duckbutt. He mocked her, but he was secretly devastated by the loss of her hair. And the fact that he actually ordered her to grow it back is a nice glimpse of how controlling he is. I mean, she likely would have done so anyway, but now she feels like she must.

There were a couple of missing words/spelling mistakes in both chapters.
Iroka chapter 6 . 1/27/2012
Ah cute chapter! I really enjoyed it. I LOLed when you mentioned Art of War, being married to a man like Madara I know all about that book and Sun Tzu. I can see Madara being really into that too. xD I think it made a lot of sense that Madara is drawn to her feminine hair. When men are that masculine it's just science that they are drawn to extra girly women. Could you imagine the horror if he came back and her hair was short and she wasn't in a kimono. hahaha

Only critique is you used "your" instead of "you're" two to three times.

Great work!
melioko chapter 6 . 1/25/2012
Oh, I just love this one!

It's so nice to see how Madara and Yuzuki's love is blossoming and how they start caring about each other... And I'm also happy to notice Yuzuki is finally begining to bond with some women of the clan. Kaori seems really gentle with her, while Tsukiyo is a bit more rough, but I'm sure she's at least trying to tollerate Yuzuki. And Takara... she's probably just trying to find an excuse to be around Madara as much as she can...

It's a pity Madara didn't notice how much efforts Yuzuki is putting in trying to win his attention and affection. She's reading his favorite book, even if The Art of War is not her favorite subject and she does her best to look always pretty in front of him.

It's so cute that in the end a little complement from his wife was enough to make Madara blush. I'm sure Yuzuki is right, when she says that her husband must be hurt by the fact she didn't go to greet him at the gates. But probably this will come later... She's already starting to miss him, when he goes to war after all...
melioko chapter 5 . 1/25/2012
I'm always so sad, when I think that at the end of SotM Madara will have to "die"... He was so happy with Yuzuki and his children, why did he have to be a stubborn Uchiha leader? Why couldn't he just become the second Hokage at Hashirama's side (Sorry, Tobirama... XD)? I know he's not that kind of man who accepts a compromise, but still...

Anyways, I'm really curious to know more about Madara's relationship with Hikari. Did she argue with her father, because of her husband? Or maybe she never felt truly accepted and considered like her brothers...

I like the passage where Hashirma tells Yuzuki "A glare fit for an Uchiha...if only you possessed the Sharingan,". It looks like eighteen years in the clan and her love for Madara really changed her.

But now, I wonder, what will the clan do with her. As you stated Uchiha are more than happy that Madara is dead. Katsuro is the new leader and has his own family. Ran and Hikari have their own lives too. But Yuzuki? Will the Elders accept to keep her in the clan, even if she was Madara's beloved wife, or will they try to get rid of her? Wouldn't they try maybe to make her commit suicide for "the good of the clan". That would explain why Madara hates Uchiha so much...

Anyways good work as always!

Now I'll go read and review chapter 6...
bj21 chapter 6 . 1/25/2012
LOL, this was one of the cutest and funniest one-shots you've written so far. XD

Yuzuki's so cute when she was still all bratty and stuff. And all the servants are picking on her, poor thing. XD

Though what I really laughed at was when Madara and Izuna got into one of their 'playful banters' and then started to make fun of poor Yuzuki. So mean. XD Plus there's also that one scene where the heatwave struck the Uchiha clan and Madara was all grumpy. That was funny too. XD

But it was the last scene that was really cute, when they complemented each other. Yuzuki likes his eyes and Madara likes her hair. That was sooo cute! w
The Detective Prince chapter 5 . 1/22/2012
I promised a long review didn't I? If I write Quack a hundred times does that count?

Madara knows how to be a good husband in this. Unlike Yukiko's Madara *glares*

Rule 1. Always wrap your lady up before abandoning her.

I liked this, actually. It was a good balance of bitter and sweet. And I like that Yuzuki was maaaad at Hashirama. Tbh. I think I'd try and kill him. Poor Ran having a girl's name when he could have had a manly name...Like Isamu (Isamu: Yaaay! *cheers in the corner before glomping Yukiko)

Actually, I feel more sorry for Hikari but blah.

Madara finally apologised to another living being *slow clap* Only took his several million years.

Why haven't I faved this story yet?

I'm bad at reviews. :(

~ Kay The Detective Prince.
bj21 chapter 5 . 1/22/2012
So sad!

I just find it simply sad how Yuzuki, who was once friends with Hashirama, now hates him for killing Madara. I understand why she hates him, but I just find it sad. And I can't even begin to imagine how painful it is for her to look at Katsuro, who is the splitting image of his father.

Anyway, nice job on this little one shot.
RougeAngleOfSatin chapter 5 . 1/22/2012
Got your linke, and I did my best to ignore them as you said. Though there didn't seem to be quite as many this time, so you must be improving! :D

This is sort of a balance between sappy and tragic. At the beginning they were all lovey dovey we've been married for years, but then as the story goes on it reveals that no, they didn't have perfect tru wuv. And Madara's comment at the end got my approval.

You know if Madara had died, there probably wouldn't have been much of a body left to bury anyway. Not by the time the other Uchiha got through arguing over who gets his eyes/flesh/DNA/hair follicles(lol, you know they want that mane of hair) before they burned him. By the way, I approve of your anti-burial logic for several reasons. And think it would be dumb to bury ninja at all considering how many characters seem to be grave robbers...

One thing in your AN I'd like to point out, is that Naruto/Sasuke and, by association, Madara/Hashirama (who would be more closely related than Sauce and Fishcake) can't be called incest. The Sage is their common ancestor, but you actually have to be related to someone by a certain amount (percentage/number of generations/whatever) for it to count as incest. So technically they are related, but so distantly that it wouldn't count.
bj21 chapter 4 . 12/26/2011
D'aaaawwww!~ :D It was so cute! So damn cute!

Poor Madara, acting all grumpy because Yuzuki had recently died. I'm glad his kids made his Christmas a bit brighter.

Hikari's twins are so adorable! And Akira is a little sweetie too. :3

Anyway, good job. It was a good little story to read on a Holiday.

Merry Christmas~ :D
Fuinjutsu chapter 4 . 12/25/2011
Aw loved it. It was really sad, but grumpy old Madara made it funny at the same time.
melioko chapter 4 . 12/25/2011
Poor Madara! Why does his birthday have to be so sad?

As always, he's just trying to hide his pain behind a cold and intimidating mask. He just can't bare the idea to be left alone by the two people he loved the most.

Of course he also loves his sons and daughter, but now they have their own lives and families, while he just has the memories of a happier time left. He was so needy to feel the warmth of a family again that, in the end, he just couldn't keep the sorrow inside anymore.

Maybe he'll start spending more time with his grandchildren to find a new reason for living. Akira would be really happy...

It was so nice to see Katsuro's and Hikari's families! So in the end Hikari married Arata and they had twins!

And what about Ran? Is he going to appear in Sacrament?

Oh, I almost forgot... I'm a bit late, but... Happy Birthday Madara!
The Detective Prince chapter 4 . 12/25/2011
Spent ages trying to find this one and decided to check this. XD Madara is too sexy to be Scrooge. Even when he's old. Did I ever tell you I've performed in Scrooge before? XD Our Scrooge could DANCEEE.

I still love the twins. I'm proud my babies...(Yukiko: Erm. My children?) were able to inspire. :D I've never inspired anything before. (Yukiko: It was me who inspired her. I gave birth to them.)

I'm glad Madara cheered up A BIT at the end. :)
68 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »