Reviews for Skylines and Turnstiles
The-doctor-is-on-fire chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
wow, this was beautifully written. I stared tearing up a bit too. although your comment of it being at a meeting because you wanted it to cracked me up! ( :
BrOwNiEfOx chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
it's so sad! yet i love it!
Awesome11 chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
this is so amazing, it made me want to cry. thank you so much to making this, it was what I was looking for
Banki SilverWolf chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
That was so beautiful. I think I'm crying. I'm American so I guess I can't help it. I've seen the video already and I cried then too. I love that the passengers in one of the planes over powered the terrist. Poor America. God bless America and its soldiers that are fighting right as we speak and let them come safely home soon and see their family's.
alicia chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
i love the way you wrote this story, but i think it would have been a bit more interesting if america was out of the other nation's reach. Like, if he had gone to the bathroom during the meeting and then felt the attack coming and made a quit dash for the exit so that none of the other nations would see him in a state of fragility. Then, 1. he would be forced to be tortured without the support of the other nations (I know that sounds cruel but america is a very strong nation so it's survivable) 2. all the other nations would see the news cast and go on a frantic search for him. 3. america would see more scenes of 9/11 which would should just how terrifying it was. 4. it would also show just how badly 9/11 affected america.

It probably sounds like i'm criticizing you, but i'm just offering a different way that you could have told the story. I really do like it!
doublequartereighthnote chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
... AWWWW! I always remember this... And this story was beautifully done. I cryed and now I'll read it every year. By the way, I love the my chem song. I listened to it afterwards. Great job.
secretassassingirl chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
who knew China had such a potty mouth?
KakashiFangirlOfDOOM chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
I love this story so much. As an American citizen this touches me deeply. 9/11 was a tragic event and thank you for making such a story about this day.

This is truely one of the best stories I have read about this event.
My Pretty Russian Flower chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
that day was verry sad but i was only 3 tho when it happened my boyfriends birthday is today! but today is still its a verry sad day :(
artfan chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
I'm so sorry for all those people. I can imagine the President trying to get a hold on America to see if he was alright but no one responding. I LOOOVE U MAN!
HI chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
HOLY CRAP! That was beautiful DX
Digi12 chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
This is the sort of topic that is hard to write well, especially considering it happened 10 years ago.

I don't believe this was done as well as it needed.

While the idea of a tribute is nice, it doesn't make up for the lackluster feeling this piece has. Especially considering the title ; the song is something fast-paced and frantic, set to the heart-stopping beats and words of the tragedy. The fic is slow-moving, out of character, and honestly rather /boring/.

The dialogue is corny and doesn't work with the characters you've given them too. England wouldn't cradle America in this situation, just like America wasn't cradling England after the incident with the Panjandrum or when he was sick. He was in bed, either at his house or in a hospital bed. With something this serious, they would be getting him somewhere /not the meeting room/ and that took much longer than it should have.

OOCness, awkward writing, and blandness abound, this is something that truly needed more thought, more effort, and more than just one read-through before posting it. While the idea of a tribute is nice, it doesn't feel like much went into this.