Reviews for Sin City
Sjoeks chapter 7 . 11/1/2011
Yay :D this was a really cool story I should have gone to bed already, but I just couldn't stop reading ;) well done

- Lune x
Beckydaspatz chapter 7 . 10/27/2011
Can you say Best. ending. ever? Cause I can, and this is! It has a lump in my throat and the story just went full circle. This closes up like the end of an episode, seriously. Be very proud of this my friend, because it is wonderful.

In their line of business pure faith could be a deadly sentiment.- GREAT LINE!

"But the things he was willing to do – the things that made him a monster in our line of business … I'd do them too, if it would save you. You're everything that's left, everything that means something to me. I can't ..."

"Aw Jeez, Sammy", Dean barely managed to keep control over his voice. He had tried to avoid this conversation, but deep inside he knew exactly how Sam was feeling. It was the same mix of rage, desperation, guilt and love that Dean had felt when he had discovered the kind of deal his dad had made. Just that back then it was too late to do anything about it.

"I get it, Sam. I really do. And I'm sorry about it. Believe me, if there'd been any other way to go …," he swallowed. "But having to feel the life seeping out of you, having to watch your body, so quiet, so strange …"

Dean inhaled, shifting uncomfortably. "It was like … something in me had taken control, and I was glad it did, because I felt blind and deaf and dead. The worst thing had already happened to me. There couldn't be anything more terrifying than that. So I made the deal. And I'm glad I did …"

"But?" Sam whispered, unconsciously leaning a bit more into his brother, not needing to look at his brother to exactly know how vulnerable that kind of confession made Dean.

"I don't wanna go Sammy." Voice rasp from raw emotion. "I mean, you know the rules. You know I won't jeopardize your life. But I ain't ready to die too. So if there's a way out of this mess, any way, we'll find it, okay? Just ... don't try it alone, ya hear me?"

Sam tensed, looking guilty.

"Promise?"

A shaky smile.

"Promise."

And this time the silence felt comforting.

I'm sorry to copy and paste so much, but you my friend need to read this and then re-read this, cause I can literally see the credits rolling right after this. What a masterpiece, thanks so much for sharing it with all of us! :-)
Beckydaspatz chapter 6 . 10/27/2011
So..I finally had a minute to breath and check up on your stuff and WHOA! What a POWERFUL chapter! I am so, SO glad that you decided to venture into the multi-chapter world, because you fit in so well :D

"For example – did you know that he came to me with the vague idea to force me into your charming shape? In order to kill me, leave a dead body looking exactly like you … so that the demon holding your contract might be led astray?"- What a heartbreaking (and clever) idea!

the features of his opponent started to shift like tectonic plates.- I had to read this sentence quite a few times, because the first time the mental vision I got took my breath away. Freaking AMAZING!

Off to read the next chapter, loved the pacing of this story, loved the fact that Sam Shifter saved him, LOVED that the consequences of Dean's deal for Sam was put front and center at the end, LOVE how well you write the boys and your own characters, Hell I just LOVE the whole thing! :D
mainegirlwrites chapter 7 . 10/23/2011
Oh darling, I was so sad to see this end! But when it did, those last few lines of conversation between the brothers gave me chills. Excellent job!
Dizzo chapter 7 . 10/23/2011
That was a lovely comforting ending with a tiny touch of bittersweet with Dean opening his heart about his deal.

I love Dean's conflict over being saved by the shapeshifter.

All in all a fabulous story, thank you!
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 7 . 10/22/2011
What a relief! Good chapter!
mainegirlwrites chapter 6 . 10/16/2011
Oh girl, this was very exciting! Nicely done!
Dizzo chapter 6 . 10/16/2011
Great introspective chapter, almost got me sympathising with the shapeshifter; after all, is everything the brothers hunt evil?

I loved Sam's thinking of getting the shifter to take Dean's shape to fool the demons, but now we've got an injured Sam lying in the mouth of the drain and Dean adrift on a raft with a shapeshifting dog!

And you're going to make me wait until next week?

No fair :(
Ciya chapter 6 . 10/15/2011
The shifter turned into a dog? Well that's one way to hide from people and hunters.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 6 . 10/15/2011
Love this chapter, lots of action and suspense and really love your take on the shapeshifter!
Dizzo chapter 5 . 10/15/2011
I'm so behind with my reviews and reading :(

Wow, this is a great action packed chapter - so if the shapeshifter has come to meet Dean and Steve, what's it done with Sam?

Some fabulous metaphors here:

'another wave of pain, trying to make friends with the cramp in his stomach and celebrate the get-together by bringing up the dinner in a firework of vomit.'

'the water now waist-deep and tearing at him like a bunch of frightened kids ...'

and I laughed out loud at the thought of Sam being pissed off from hearing Dean's orders in his subconscious. heehee, he just can't break free of his bossy big brother.

A brilliant chapter continuing a gripping story - well done!
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 5 . 10/11/2011
Great cliffie! Looking forward to the next chapter.
mainegirlwrites chapter 5 . 10/9/2011
"...the water tearing at him like a bunch of frightened kids..." Aweseome job! Cant wait to see whats next!
Beckydaspatz chapter 5 . 10/8/2011
Great job! Loved it!

Sam came around with a gasp, hardly able to process the onslaught of sensations that followed with a rush. Small streams of water crawled around his prone body like icy fingers reaching for him. The smell of decay and burned flesh made him gag, and there was a never ceasing rushing in his ears. But on top of the list with a huge advance to all the minor inconveniences stood the overwhelming, crushing pain in his right wrist. He gingerly tried to twist it and nearly fainted, a white-hot ache flashing through his arm like a razor blade.

"Wha … ohhh shit!"

His attempt to sit up with the help of his other hand earned him nothing but another wave of pain, trying to make friends with the cramp in his stomach and celebrate the get-together by bringing up the dinner in a firework of vomit.- Best intro ever! Loved every line :D

"Oh yeah, sorry. You …" – further gurgling and laughing, not so funny anymore, "you were attacked by an air bed". He pointed with his flashlight at something huge and misshaped, bobbing on the water and vanishing around the corner. "Must've been washed from some shelter down here with the flood."- ! Oh God, I needed a good laugh :P Thanks so much!

The older Winchester stowed the gun away and made a few cautious steps – the water now waist-deep and tearing at him like a bunch of frightened kids. If he could only move close enough to get a better angle.

In a last desperate motion Steve pushed his head back until it collided with the Shapeshifter's skull, using the short moment of surprise to turn and thrust the intricately adorned silver cutlery into his attacker. The anguished cry echoed from the tunnel walls, filling Dean's ears until he thought they would explode. A long-fingered hand – not Sam's, but oh, so much like it – clutched Steve's sweater and drew him close, down into the stream and away from Dean.- Great closer. EVIL cliff hanger. Fantastic job! Really, very, VERY impressed with your skill.

Can't wait for an update!
LivingForTv chapter 5 . 10/8/2011
Alright, so you've mastered what always comes hardest for me - making a fight last! And to end with a cliffhanger is not cool! I'm reading here! :-) Good dialogue between Sam and the shapeshifter.

This was wonderful: "About 15 minutes after entering the tunnel system Dean's priority list had clearly changed. "Kill that fugly bastard" currently held position 3."

But this line was my favorite:

"Water, endlessly rushing through the dark like the mythical river Styx, separating the world of the living from the realm of the dead, dissolving every clear thought, every memory."

Evil cliffhanger!