Reviews for Shore Leave
Negrath chapter 3 . 6/12/2013
I am spotting something that must be a misunderstanding for one of us...or maybe that 'literary license' I've heard so much about? :)

Anyway, Rommie, being a machine in all respects that matter, would need no sleep and hence have no 'quarters'. At worst she'd have a bench or something in engineering. Harpers Domain and all.
Consequently she is almost certainly also a good deal heavier than most humans. Dylan, being a heavy-worlder would probably even out the difference, but for most others, lifting her bodily off the ground without her helping out in some way would be...tricky.

That said, this whole 'detour'-thing appears to be quite the interesting idea. And I like the fact of having different names for each of andromeda's incarnations. I am ashamed to say I did not realize there to be much difference between two of them until the 'baby-exchange' in Alternity.
As it is, I imagine being three-dimensional would give 'Logic' a bit of a different perspective on things. as it were. :)

(there is also a small niggle about how Harper would have to use material from her body to fix her body. not so. He constructed her from materials onboard. So chances are any part of her physiology would be relatively simply replaced. And being out for days? I'm sorry, I can't see that being an issue, any more than I buy the crew's concern beyond whether or not her personality matrix survived intact. Once that is assured, fixing the body is purely a matter of time and effort.)

I repeat; good story. both the series and this 'thread' in particular. I find I appreciate the fact that we get to deal with purple Trance again. :)
ilexx chapter 7 . 10/11/2011
I was always wondering why Dylan didn't allow more often for a shore-leave. Now I know...

"She was complaining that my heart was beating too loudly." Priceless. I guess an android's hangovers are even worse than humanoid ones.
Celestia's Paladin chapter 7 . 10/8/2011
Poor Dylan
ilexx chapter 6 . 10/3/2011
With their habitual luck, everyone will notice...
ilexx chapter 5 . 9/24/2011
Can't think of anyone better suited to come up with "impossible solutions to world-killing problems".
ilexx chapter 4 . 9/16/2011
The way things are going, I'd call it a night if I were Dylan. I hope he doesn't decide to look closer into Harper's and Beka's activities.

(What am I saying? Of course he will - he's Dylan. Oh well, here's hoping that Tyr's superior survival instincts will keep them out of trouble.)
ilexx chapter 3 . 9/14/2011
Ha! Some girls' night out with them needing the boys to come to the rescue...

And pray, exactly why is Dylan getting the blame in all of this? (I know, I know, because Andromeda as a whole is female - which means that whenever something is amiss and there is a male around, he is automatically at fault. Still: where is that famous warship logic when you need it?)
Celestia's Paladin chapter 3 . 9/12/2011
Note to self: Never, ever, piss off or otherwise annoy, the AI of a warship, for she can control the temp of your shower and can hide the coffee. Harper better watch himself when he comes back ~GraysonPaladin
Celestia's Paladin chapter 2 . 9/12/2011
Drunk Rommie is funny, not every day when we see the living embodiment the most powerful warship ever get drunk... Poor Dylan. ~GraysonPaladin
Xeromem chapter 2 . 9/11/2011
A little shore leave should be fun and this looks like it will be a fun night for everyone except the CO.