Reviews for When Did I Become A Parent?
LadyBritish chapter 10 . 12/7/2013
This was a very good story - I loved how you concentrated on the bond between Simba, Timon and Pumba. It's a nice concept to have them deserving as being 'leaders of the past'.

You should definitely do a sequel - I urge you too.
Pichooi chapter 10 . 8/5/2013
Ohh an Epilogue I wasn't expecting that :) Yay a great ending to a great story!
Historian1912 chapter 6 . 7/19/2013
I've really liked the story so far. Its nice to see how Timon, Pumbaa, and the other characters view different events. It might be because I'm a huge fan of the Chronicles of the Pridelands stories (they're not on this site), which have quite a bit of fictional religious things expanding off of what was seen in the films and creating something that was pretty deep, but I never took what Mufasa said as meaning that only the great kings get into heaven/the afterlife/whatever. I just thought that they were the only ones who could act as guides for those still living.

Sincerely,

Historian1912
Deborahpflover chapter 10 . 6/6/2013
:D This story is AMAZING! So, so, so, so good! I love the Lion King movies and I'm pretty impressed how you managed to fill in all the gaps and holls they had. And you keep everyone in character too. You write Timon perfectly, that's probably how he would have reacted if the movies showed it us. It was so cute and sweet to see the relationship between him, Simba and Pumbaa. You even managed to get all the characters involved! And then they chapters where they got in trouble: it was priceless. That chapter were Timon almost got killed had me almost crying when Simba found him. The talk with Mufasa and Sarabi was a great too. The end was hilarious. XD Awesome story!
Nolidoli chapter 4 . 2/25/2013
I like this chapter its sad but good, also I don't know if it helps but in the lion king books (the animated ones that you can read to kids) in the end when they show Simba's cub being presented they call the cub a boy. This could have been because the book was out before the idea of the second movie (newer publishings may say girl for all I know) just thought it was interesting. Keep writing your great at it! Though I am looking forward to some more from predestination, or hoping at least.
A chapter 10 . 2/10/2013
I finished reading the story now. I gotta tell you, I'm obsessed with it now. All I think about is Timon's story and all my favourite parts and pleeease do a sequel. Yes, the epilogue is slightly more satisfying, but you still left it on a cliffhanger (unlike the previous chapter).

You are a talented writer, and I want to see more. You gotta do more; with an ending like that!
A chapter 7 . 2/9/2013
Awesome chapter. You certainly know how to create a mood. Word of advice though: instead of recreating the scene word for word that started this whole story, I'd have just summarised it in Timon's words. I had to skip that whole part because I'd already read it.
Belphegor chapter 10 . 1/21/2013
A very satisfying epilogue, and a very well done sequel hook :o) I liked this last instalment very much. It's got your touch (so to speak), of casual humour (Rafiki's liniment smelling "like it could be related to Pumbaa", for instance) and a heartfelt fondness for the characters in the midst of what is overall a wonderful family story. Poor Timon :D Let's hope the third generation of lions will have... less *hem* adventurous lives, for his sake!

Thank you for sharing this story with us :o]
LionKingFactsGuy2 chapter 10 . 1/13/2013
Well I admit I wasn't expecting an epilogue but this was satisfying. I even recommended this story to many people on youtube. I'm sure they love it.
Incarnate Firefly chapter 10 . 1/13/2013
Funny, I just read this story yesterday because it's been a while and I like re-reading stories. And I was thinking "Gee, Kondo's pride have some fairl interesting characters. Are they really just going to leave like that?" I was also wondering, to a lesser extent, if Kovu and Kiara really did...get intimate in the oasis. And as if you've read my mind, you answered both questions...huh.

And yay, you're planning a sequel! I love your writing so much but I don't know diddly-squat about the other categories you write fanfics for. So you can imagine how happy this chapter has made me :D
Demonwolf chapter 10 . 1/12/2013
Oh boy, Timon's in for it now. That was cute; I liked that ending. I also liked how you left the fate of Kondo's pride open-ended; maybe we'll see them again. Again, great story!
Zero Unit RGB chapter 10 . 1/12/2013
I was completely caught by surprise when I saw that this story had been updated. The epilogue isn't bad, it'd pretty good and makes me anxious to see if there will be a sequel. I'll be keeping an eye out for it! Love your work! :D
weirdgirl332 chapter 9 . 11/2/2012
I loved this story, it was really amazing. I forget that Timon and Pumbaa really did raise Simba. The movie did tend to skim over that part, even though the 1 1/2 one focused a little more on it. But I could really see this happening in canon, you kept everybody in character which makes the story seem very believable. I really enjoyed this, and the only thing that upset me is the fact that it ended. Although it would have been nice to see what came after, this was not an all that bad place to stop. It gives the story an ending that seems to give it a sense of hope, now that Timon survived. You are a really good writer, and I cant wait to read more of your stories.
Maran Zelde chapter 9 . 10/23/2012
I expected a bit more resolution, like scenes of Timon recovering and reuniting with Pumbaa. Still, overall it's a satisfying ending. I enjoyed this exploration of Timon's character.
Maran Zelde chapter 8 . 10/19/2012
The conversation between Mufasa and Timon is well-written. I've never even tried to write Mufasa, and I can see how he would present a challenge, but I think you pulled it off. I never thought about how Mufasa would feel watching EVERYTHING Simba went through, including his suffering.

Mufasa's explanation of the "dead guys in the sky" made sense.