Reviews for When Did I Become A Parent?
Zero Unit RGB chapter 7 . 10/13/2012
No...I was totally not expecting that. You have some real writing talent. I wish I could write lke that but I like to think my skills are around average at most. Anyway, this was a fantastic chapter...I feel bad about Timon though...
Zero Unit RGB chapter 6 . 10/13/2012
Nice job...And yes, you are very evil. JK, I'm sure that alot of writers on this site are evil. Trust me, killing off characters just captures the audience's attention and make them think why. It hurts sometimes, usually, but you know, it has a great effect on people. Oh and finally, it's nice that even though Max is a bit paranoid, he is still able to see the true relationship between them. It's nice and it totally works.
Maran Zelde chapter 6 . 10/11/2012
I'm so glad Kiara and Kovu went to the Oasis! I wish Nala and Sarabi could have gone too, but I guess someone had to stay and lead the pride.

It makes perfect sense that the meerkats would dig tunnels in their new home. Even though there are no predators in their new habitat, they still feel safe and secure underground.

I love the discussion of the stars and the great kings of the past. I had given the topic some thought, but Timon brought up some points even I hadn't thought of, like how he thought of the kings looking down on Pumbaa and himself in judgment.

My headcanon is that the other species simply believe that their loved ones' spirits live on in the hearts and minds of the living.

No, poor Sarabi! I know it's part of the circle of life, but what a horrible way to end your vacation.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 4 . 10/10/2012
Yup, that's pretty much true. I've only heard of Kopa from videos on youtube withhis name on it. Afterwards, I did some research and figured out who he was. So I thought, that explains Zira's exile. So what the heck, I totally agree with your point of view. Now that I've gotten the logic and sanity out of my head...*Cries like a madman* POOR KOPA! And I'm back. Excellent chapter as always.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 3 . 10/9/2012
Aw, that was so sweet, and Ma is so right.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 2 . 10/8/2012
You know, I've seen this story around but I never bothered looking into it because I'm not so big on TLK stories centered around Timon and Pumbaa. I like it when they play big roles in a story but aren't the main character. But I really like this story so far. And I'm not sure but I think that I may or may not have reviewed your Digimon stories; Destiny and Fate. I shoud've those are two of my faves. Anyway, back to this story...I love it!
Maran Zelde chapter 4 . 9/29/2012
This is a good transition between the first and second movies. The fanon explanation of Zira killing Kopa does fill some plot holes in canon: why Simba banished Zira and her followers, and why both Simba and Timon were so overprotective of Kiara (at first I thought Simba was overprotective because his father was murdered, but that alone doesn't explain why Timon is also overprotective).

I loved when Timon tried to comfort Nala. He at least reminded her that she has a cub who still needs her.
May Eve chapter 9 . 9/28/2012
Semi-satisfying is a good way to describe this ending. I love the fic to bits, but I do wish you'd gone just one more chapter on this - reuniting Timon and Simba with Pumba and the pride would give me a little more closure (but that could just be me).
Maran Zelde chapter 3 . 9/22/2012
Sometimes mothers understand their children better than they understand themselves, and that's certainly the case with Timon's Ma. She's right that Timon and Pumbaa need to go back to see Simba, if only to check on how he's settling back into the pride life. I'm sure Simba was very worried when Timon and Pumbaa left without saying goodbye. He probably thought the hyenas ate them.

Any hope of a meeting between Timon's family and Simba's family? That would be hilarious. We did at least see Simba frolicking with Timon's colony at the end of TLK 1.5, IIRC.
Incarnate Firefly chapter 9 . 8/29/2012
I just love this story so much! Everyone loves Timon (and Pumbaa), but I feel like he was never taken seriously as anything besides, well...comic relief. But you did a superb job writing this, and I'm just going to start listing out all the reasons I can think of off the top of my head because there are too many to keep track of mentally.

Timon was in-character this entire story! When I was reading this, I can actually hear his voice in my head saying the words you put in his mouth. And that's no easy feat, especially when you're trying to make him funny without making the dialogue go in circles. My hat goes off to you.

You blended the movie scenes and the original scenes so well that it flows perfectly with what he was doing and what was happening. You even explained a few plot holes left by TLK 1 or otherwise covered them up so well it's like they never were there.

The humour never felt awkward or lacking. You have Timon interacting with others in ways that you don't see in the films, but like I said above, it never felt out of place or forced. It's like you know exactly how Timon would act, and the dialogue you've come up for him is quite funny at times!

The story had the right emotions. I like how you put a light-hearted spin on most situations Timon's in without effort, but could easily add in something touching whenever the occasion arose. Such as when he was comforting Nala, or talking to Sarabi, or even bringing some grubs for Simba and the pride.

A bit similar to the first point, but I like how you got inside Timon's head so what would initially be a casual movie scene turned into something a lot more thought-provoking and fleshes out the characters more carefully than the films did. I think you might have shown me more to him than I first would have noticed, and I'm sure many others feel the same.

And of course, the ending. Oh my God, the ending. I'll tell you this, I don't get emotional easily. As much as I love reading and writing stories, these things rarely get to me. So it had to take a lot of talent to have gotten me choked up like I did when Simba was running down the gorge with what Timon said echoing in his head. Not to mention Timon's conversation with Mufasa; I got shivers when I was reading the part where Mufasa pointed out all the good that Timon had done for Simba, because it's so true. The unconditional love and caring that Timon and Pumbaa showed for Simba is something I feel never was emphasized nor appreciated enough by most, but you hit the nail on the head.

The only minor thing I would point out is that Kopa didn't die at birth, as seen in the Six New Adventures. Of course, I know you intentionally glazed over that, which is fine. I just thought I'd mention it because I'm actually working on a Lion King story myself, starring, you guessed it, Kopa. But I won't go on since I'm supposed to be reviewing your story.

So, what's my final score for you? A full 10 out of 10, which is extremely rare as I actually have a high expectation when reading stories (oh God, the horrors I've seen on this site). But there are very few stories I feel are so stirring, lifelike, and satisfying as this one, so I'd say you deserve that rating. I can unhesitatingly say that this is among the cream of the crop in Lion King stories, and you yourself are quite a talented author, and I hope to read more of your fantastic works in the near future :)
Sailor Nibaru chapter 9 . 7/8/2012
Ahh, this was so awesome! ;o; You managed to fit all the events in so well, and arghh, the fluff..! ;A; I was squeeing for most of the fic, heh ; Anyway, this was a joy to read :) Great job!
Maran Zelde chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
This is an interesting story, and well-written.

Any time I read about a feline attacking someone in a story, it feels so real to me. That's because my sister's cat attacked me three separate times. The wounds got infected every damn time. I hear that cats can get infections from other cats too - their saliva has many different kinds of harmful bacteria.
R.T chapter 9 . 6/20/2012
Hi, just wanted to tell you that your story is very touching, full of action, adventure, and union family and I love how you wrote all without necesiadad of obscenities as others so please follow the fic
penName111 chapter 9 . 4/25/2012
Loved it, great story. hope you write more lion king in the future.
Kick-Aft chapter 9 . 4/15/2012
This is amazing. Though is there going to be another chapter? We know that Timon is injured but was anything lasting? What did the others say when they saw Simba carrying Timon like that?
128 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »