Reviews for The Weight of a Sword and an Absent Crown
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 1/27
Beautifully written piece. I'd love it if you wrote more for Viserys. Keep up the lovely work!
Rhaella Valysar chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Amazing! :O
This left me breathless, it is just the most perfect and beautiful summary of Visery's life I have ever laid eyes on.
Great job!
Donroth chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
This was fantastic. I feel Viserys is a quintessential Martin character, one you love to hate, but can't help but feel sorry for. Almost everyone in that world is so damaged that the lines between victim and abuser can be so blurred. I wish things could have been better for Viserys and that he had time to become something closer to what would have been his fullest potential, but I suppose he got longer story time as it is than most other characters who've been killed off within a paragraph or two.
TitanWolf chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
i still think Martin wasted Viserys, when i first started the book, and heard of more, i was thinking how will Viserys progress through the books, then felt my glee die as he was murdered.

i hoped that he would be kept around, and grow, to become a better person, but; sadly we know what happened to him.
The Dragon Mage chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Aaaaahh, this is wonderful! Perfect, perfect Viserys- when I first read Game of Thrones I hated him thoroughly until he died, and then I only wanted to understand him better. You've explained him masterfully, and I think he was really more a tragedy than a monster. And that last line made me shiver...
Chrissy Renee Pinto chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
It is beautiful. Amazng. I am in awe. Everyone hates Viserys and no one tries to find out why he is like this. And the Author made him like a piece of furniture, one dimensional to further the plot-but this..really brings out the real and human emotion in him. I felt pity for him from the beginning bec i sensed an underlying cause for his meanness but i didnt understand it. Thank you so much for clearing it up. U have real talent.
Det. Jim Bradshaw chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Rar.

I like that this fic is a progression of what happens to Viserys, complete with some background information about pre-GoT. I'm personally not the biggest fan of second-person narrative, but I'm generally inclined to think it was used to good effect. Good work. :)