Reviews for Not Dead
Michalice W chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Oh my gosh I laughed so hard when I scrolled down and saw the punch line to your story. Wow, I needed that good belly-achin' laugh session.

So clever. So funny. Great job!
ForeverInYourFavor chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
I like how this is starting out. Excited to read more :)
ladyAlyafaelyn chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Win. And Cain's father WOULD say that. He totally would.
EreshkigalGirl chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Hee-hee! Does she have a sister...

You know, I'm kind of imagining Sean Connary a la The Last Crusade as Jeb Cain the Elder. Only more Bond-like action!man than the scholar!man of Henry Jones Sr. Mmmm, yes. Me likey.
Miller0259 chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaawwwd!

WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN!

This made me giddy and giggle and flail. I like him too. Lol Az needs to get there, like now.
Megan McAlistair chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
"one never really stopped caring a great deal for the opinion of one's father."

"(and grandson's for that matter)"

he must be so proud

"assuming one's family was dead was something of a genetic trait in the Cains."

either that or it's in the upbringing

oh god

"she just might have to start keeping a heavy stick on hand"

old (adopted) habits die hard

"Does she have a sister?"

for a second there I thought he was going to reject her

then I realized that this is not a cheap romance novel where the sweet innocent heroine has to prove her love and loyalty to the cruel and not-understanding parents of her true love until finally the father grudgingly approves, but only because the son pulled his courage together and threatened to leave the family if he didn't

what a story

I could really feel Wyatt's nervousness

and... what a twist
nightdrive23 chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Cute, it's always fun to see a story with more Cain family. In fact we need more "Cain Parent" stories as a whole on this site. I got a kick out of the idea that it is genetic for the Cain men to assume their father is dead.

Again I say, "More! More! More!"
aok225 chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
OMG. I am dead. DEAD. That is too funny!
Queen Isabella chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
I crowed out loud with laughter at this ficlet! Dangerous seeing as how it is 2:30 in the morning, but well worth it. I liked your explanation of DG's fascination with the idea of Cain's father, it rather does seem odd to think of Wyatt having a father, I appreciate the parallels you made with his falling out the suit fully formed to the Greek myth of Athena's birth, as she sprouted fully grown from her father's head. I also appreciated the A Knight's Tale reference. ;)
LittleMender chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
The sister's spoken for, but maybe DG could do a little matchmaking . . . ?

Fun one-shot, a.f. Really liked meeting Cain's dad through DG's appreciative eyes.
forestofmyown chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
"Does she have a sister?" his father asked hopefully.

Why yes, Jebediah, yes she does. But if this fic goes Gulch Verse, you'll never have her.

*starts chanting vehemently* please don't stay a oneshot please don't stay a oneshot-
Kuesel72 chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
That was priceless, I loved it. I was reading this over at my mothers house and she demanded to know what the heck I was giggling manically about - well done!
EditorIncredulous chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Yes, she does have a sister, but I'm pretty sure ol' Gulchy would declare a duel the instant you brought it up, Cain tribe or no...

Lol, wonderful fic!
Bookworm Gal chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Oh my... That was so interesting. I never imagined Cain's parents either, but I like how you described the Cain men. And the last sentence made me smile broadly. Yes, she does have a sister... But you can't have her.

Great work.
Missysnow chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Omg that was wonderful! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Thank you for that! I am begging you to write more with him; please please, please pretty please?
34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »