Reviews for An Hour Badly Spent
librarywitch chapter 1 . 7/7/2014
Oh that is so sad. That way Moriarty won. He did burn the heart out of Sherlock. Sometimes it is not hard to really hate Mycroft. Well done.
star that shines on angels win chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
o_o john no answer? Did he die? Suicide...? NAW... Well maybe... Actually no, I'm just gonna stop there or else I'm going to make myself cry! lol
swerley chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
I absolutely love/hate this story. You are a wordsmith of the highest degree. I remember loving your Severus/Hermione stories, so I know how wonderful your writing is.

This needs a sequel. I'm on my knees begging.

John would never give up on Sherlock, no matter what. All it would take is Sherlock Googling himself to discover the truth. Or a follow-up appointment at the clinic. Or Mrs. Hudson's photo album with a few pics of John and Sherlock together. Or maybe Sherlock starts dreaming about his very nice doctor with the familiar smile.

Audustaire chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Why the hell do I read your fics... Each one tears out a little piece of my soul I'm pretty sure I'm never going to get back. Plus, I end up crying for at least five minutes. Ten, I should think, for this one. Dear god this was horrible. Beautiful, but a really, truly horrible thing to imagine. Every story, I think, is its own alternate universe, and in that sense, every story is real. It breaks my heart to know that on some level, this John and this Sherlock exist.
Justine Lark chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
Ack! How awful. Very well written to reveal the situation slowly. The understated presentation is what makes it tragic.
Lillkin chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
you... are cruel and brilliant and so very ruthless and i love it. you took the thing Sherlock values most and then took his memory (i am guessing) of it. So now i can't even look for a happy ending sequel in my head-space because this realistically is the happiest ending Sherlock could have(in this scenario ofc.)regaining his memory at this point would be pure agony, torture and you made it abundantly clear without once uttering a word of it. now that's some serious storytelling.

Btw you absolutely got me with the

"Even I know that" line- that was so insanely powerful i was dumbstruck. oh my . what a story :)
Arianime chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Oh wow. I knew I was in deep when I clicked on this story despite the category being simply "angst". My chest literally hurts right now. So so so sad. Almost worse than reichenbach. Kudos author, kudos.
Anya-Paradox chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Wow, just wow. I'm bawling, this is just most amazing. You have an incredible way of capturing their voices and characters. LOVE IT.
Mayuri-Elize-Ackart chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
Any chance for a sequel for this? Pleasepleaseplease?
Zchocolatebunniesrulezworld chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
This is much too terribly sad. You must write a romantic sequel where they rebuild their relationship. Though that would take a lot of time and character development; it couldn't just be a oneshot.

I do like how you slowly reveal what happened, though, and how we only get the full picture from what Sherlock confusedly overhears. I'm assuming this is all after the events of 'The Great Game'? Oh, much longer do you think it'll be before he can't take it anymore and defies Mycroft by forcing himself back into Sherlock's life? I give it a month, tops, and that's with a lot of alcohol.
TheXEnigma chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Soul wrenching! Need I say more? The happy ending fanatic in me is demanding you write a companion piece that reconciles our intrepid duo, but in all honesty- this story is so powerful as is that it would almost be a shame to alter the status quo. Massive fan of your work- keep it up! XEnigma
cinimar chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
so heart breaking /3

(yet very good)
Jenine chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Quite excellently well done :-)
ckofshadows chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
God. This is heart-wrenching. Not even the presence of my ubiquitous 214 could lift my spirits. God. I can't decide whom I feel worse for... John, for missing Sherlock, or Sherlock, for missing something he can't even articulate. Beautifully done.
MemoryNZ chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
... I am speechless. Trying to see through my tears, trying to catch my breath, this is so intense and it hurts so much.

You are one heck of a story teller you pull me into this story within the first few lines and I am hooked and I can't stop reading and I don't want to stop reading and I realize what is happening and it hurts and ... I hate this story.

No I don't. Kudos to you incredible writer, who hits exactly the right tone with every paragraph, ever sentence, every word.