Reviews for Isamu means
JFJD chapter 84 . 8/26/2012
I loved this. The image of the three boys standing on the plateau struck a chord within me.
JFJD chapter 69 . 8/26/2012
Omg. I busted out at laughing during the scene when Chance was pushed around by the seals.
JFJD chapter 42 . 8/26/2012
I like Ash. He's a sweet and smart boy. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Orange Sparrow chapter 84 . 1/30/2012
I'm a little late in this but I really wanted to review everything I love about this story. I'll try and stay concise, but here it goes:

First off, your dedication to the story is amazing. I don't know how you manage to turn out updates so fast, but it's amazing, and I still feel spoiled rotten. More than that, I love how much you've improved since you began Kizuna Means. I think I mentioned it once before, but your spelling grammar, pacing, everything gets better with each new installment. It's testament to just how hard you've worked on your stories.

You've also stayed very true to the first season, I feel. Each section of the story feels complete and stand-alone, like a single episode. You could have published any one section as a story in itself and it would have worked well. Taking the extra step, of weaving clues and foreshadowing, hints about stories to come, really pulls each section together into a continuous story. Instead of case after case, we're treated to an overreaching arch that you hint at throughout the chapters. I don't just look forward to updates, I feel like I need them, and I anticipate the pay off the same as I would a season finale.

The family theme you established last story is still so strong in Isamu. I love all the little conflicts between the gang, how hard they struggle to hang on to each other despite they're differences. It shows strongest in the Winston and Guerrero, and the Chance/Ames subplots you built up. You also do an extraordinary job of justifying Ilsa and Ames's presence in a way season two never quite managed. They aren't just employees or side characters, they're members of Chance's new family and they're important to him and the team. They had so much potential in the series and you really fleshed them out.

The world building is quite impressive too. You strike a nice balance between recurring characters from the show (Jessica, Baptiste...) and your OCs (Ash, the cop...). Between the large supporting cast and the various locations you've sent the team to, their actions never feel without consequence. There seems to be a near constant threat on their lives, and in Chance's proffession, it's only appropriate.

I love the interactions between Chance, Baptiste, and the Old Man. They're cleverly crafted and fun to read. The Old Man is a perfect blend of magnificent and terrible, and despite how much I love reading your dialogue, I wanna punch him in the face. In a good way, if there's a good way to wish violence on a fictional character? It's awesome how, whenever they come on scene, it brings out Guerrero and Winston's more protective nature for Chance. And, of course, Junior the rat is an amazing detail. I can't help but feel terrible for Baptiste. He has to fight for Joubert's attention, not only between Ash but the rat too, the poor guy.

Chance chasing down Ames was the greatest. Her evasion tactics where hilarious. Chance's inability to talk to her, confront his feelings, that was spot on.

Guerrero's story arch was incredibly touching, too. His effort at a "real" job was my favorite part, though I'm glad it was short lived. Guerrero as an IT guy is almost charming, except for his log, which was soaked with tedium. It's not a job well suited for him. And I love the fact Winston was the one who really helped Guerrero through his story. They're always so antagonistic towards each other so the two of them working together really rings strong, emotionally.

On Ilsa's transition as a character, I really appreciate the imagery you've created. The pears aren't something I noticed watching season two, not until you wrote about them. It's another, gorgeous little detail and I'm enjoying the way you reflect Ilsa through them.

I'm sure there's more I'm missing out on, but those are the main points I wanted to mention. Cause I really loved those aspects of your fic, they're the parts that stick out in my mind and they're perfect.
PocketSevens chapter 84 . 1/21/2012
Dude...well done. Congratulations on another successful season that's setting up for a perfect Season 5. It'll be interesting to see what mischief the boys get into as they learn the truth of their fathers, and who know what hell Guerrero will rain down, or the ramifications thereof. I await the coming of the new season.

(Stands and applauds). Awesome job, dude.
Jane Austen-Healey chapter 84 . 1/21/2012
wow... absolutely fantastic!

all those twists and turns... although I feel as if there is more to come...

Like the others I cannot wait for season 5...
veniceit chapter 84 . 1/20/2012
It was very touching and kind that you thanked all your loyal readers, but it us that should (and we are) thanking you!

The two season your have given us have be beyond words. And each episode/chapter just got stronger and pulled us in deeper. I agree with the other reviews...what a darn good, fitting, symbolic, and powerful way to end a season! Holy smokes!

Like you, I was very disappointed to hear about the show being cancelled, but your continued seasons has made up for it so much and then some!

Like was mentioned, wow, those boys together...goose bumps. Three guys...three boys...holy crap, did you plan that from the beginning...and if you did; extremely impressive. Actually, it's just as impressive if it just went that way as you wrote along.

It's one of those conclusions that makes you shiver! It's so profound!

Then there's Guerrero...what a moment for him. What a revelation this chapter has been, actually the entire season.

Thank you again. You've taken the three best, unique, characters to ever grace our TV and have continued to grow them, completely in character, and help him evolve into something greater.

And you've managed to improve and make better the characters of Ames and Ilsa!

You are a gifted and talented writer...and a great person!

Thank you and I so, so, so look forward to next Friday!
Ania087 chapter 84 . 1/20/2012
Wow... That was a great season. I loved how family oriented it was from the beginning to the end. I teared up a bit at the end. Looking forward to season 5 :)
jackattack chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
What an awesome chapter and great wrap-up to "season four". I especially liked the part when Isu and Ash were introducing themselves. It reminded me of Winston and Chance introducing themselves as Laverne/Conrad in season one. Cedricsowner, you are a very talented writer and I am so glad you will be giving us a season five!
minx227 chapter 84 . 1/20/2012
Perfect ending to the Season. Really liked that you had the three children together at the end. Children stop, make us evaluate things and sometimes change courses in our life. You could not have ended this any other way. This was perfect! You rock with your stories and I am definitely in for the fifth season. Cannot wait to see what drama,action,romance and surprises await up in the upcoming season. I am ready to sit back and enjoy the ride of season 5.
niagaraweasel chapter 84 . 1/20/2012
There couldn't be a more fitting end for this season than this chapter. Touching, poignant and heart-wrenching without being the least bit sappy. It absolutely reminds me of that saying "when one door closes, another opens".

And I guess I don't have to tell you that I'm interested in Tsubasa means ;-). It promises to be just as good, maybe even better than the last two seasons have been. Thank you for putting all that time and effort into creating something that the "real" scriptwriters most probably couldn't have done as well.
veniceit chapter 83 . 1/19/2012
Heart wrencher! My heart breaks for Guerrero, something like that can really mess a kid up...or at least make them extremely guarded!

What a smart plan to get out of there...this team just works so well together.

Again I'm learning interesting things from your chapters I never thought about before but now that you mention it...hmmmm...really interesting and a light bulb moment!

Keep going girl!
minx227 chapter 83 . 1/19/2012
Another well written chapter. It is nice to see the whole gang together again. My full sympathy to Guerrero's enemies. He is going to do some serious damange. Cannot wait to read more.
niagaraweasel chapter 83 . 1/19/2012
Yay, the gang is back together... ;-). God, I can't believe we're that close to the end of the second season... Wonderful chapter, as always. Guerrero's thirst for revenge is absolutely chilling... I hope that that is not going to lead to irrevocable trouble in the future. And Ilsa might be a good jail warden, but a computer hacker she definitely is not ;-). Good things the guys came up with a plan B, and one which, oh wonder, actually worked... ;-). Now I can't wait to find out what the last chapter has in store for us.
veniceit chapter 82 . 1/17/2012
Welcome back Ames! Exciting chapter!

The first part with ilsa was so hilarious! I can see her playing this awkward part exactly like that. And cute little Ash, sigh!

Men just have the best timing don't they? At least he finally said it!

Winston, what a hoot!