Reviews for Sincerely, the Phoenix
Il'Diko chapter 5 . 10/29/2012
I honestly thought the name of this fic is "Good things come from Ashes"... but now I realised that is "only" the catching summary. :)
So yesterday, when I reviewed the birthday fic, I meant to write about this one... :)

As always, perfect, and I have barely anything else to say. You bring the standards you have set every time! And so, I don't mind about the long time between updates! :D ;)
I like how their relationship develops SLOWLY! It's the only way it could work and I'm so glad you took this root!

I can't wait to read on!
Malvolia chapter 5 . 10/29/2012
As I had forgotten that Victoire was so named because she was born on May 2, I had not considered the overlap with the sadder anniversary. What a great thing for the Weasleys to have something else to think about on that day.

The conversation about knowing it was worth it for Fred and the others to have died, yet at the same time feeling that maybe it wasn't, rang very true, as did Angelina's hint that Fred would've been just as miserable had his and George's situation been reversed, and that Angelina sitting with George "made him happy despite the fact that he was so desperately sad."

I like how as their relationship progresses they aren't just throwing off the sadness as though it doesn't exist, but choosing to live through it and let it be...George's decision not to get up for another bottle, for example.

Nice work, as always.
potterfan97 chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
THIS IS SO AMAZING AND WELL WRITTEN- I'm dying to read more, please update ASAP!
TheatreGeek98 chapter 4 . 5/3/2012
I love this! I like how you wrote Audrey. I hope you update soon and talk about Fleur giving birth and Mrs. Weasley"s reaction to being a grandmother!
Poppy P chapter 4 . 4/4/2012
Aww finally got a moment to review this ch. So many good things I'm not sure where to start! The birthday was so bittersweet. George & Molly comforting was sweet; it reminded me of that scene in OotP when George & Ginny hug their mom after she returns from st. Mungos to say that Arthur will live. George & Ginny were also achingly perfect! & the bit w/ Fred's broom made me tear up.

Angelina's b-day present to George was: THE BEST B-DAY PRESENT EVER! EVER! She totally gets him.

I knew the break up w/ Parvati was inevitable. I mean the relationship was what it was. But I dunno, the thought of George being w/ a beautiful, uncomplicated woman for a while was nice.

Safe to say this is my favorite chapter so far. I can't wait to finally see George and Angelina together but the building up to it is quite nice as well :)
AbSim7 chapter 4 . 4/1/2012
Wow! Another great chapter. I really love this story, you know. :)

At first I thought George dating Parvati was a bit out of nowhere, but the line "beware a redheaded man" was brilliant!
Malvolia chapter 4 . 3/31/2012
The birthday was so...cozy. Love the Weasleys. In the birthday bit, and in general, this fic accurately reflects a second year of grieving, and the semi-reluctant moving on that happens.

Two who'd find it stuffy would be Fred and Tonks, and Snape would be the one sneering. So true. The gap in George and Parvati's feelings towards memorials would have been a difficult one to bridge and would have needed *both* of them to be looking for spouse material. And with Parvati looking for fun and George forgetting he even had a girlfriend...

Looking forward to the next chapter, or your next Star Trek fic, whichever comes first. :)
Malvolia chapter 3 . 3/31/2012
I like the hesitancy in their friendship renewal. Favorite parts: how she got their separate personalities from even before George did, evidenced by such things asthe gifts and handwriting (love the added touch of why it might have been the A's she noticed).

Haha...Hermione's bad influence on Ron...

I like seeing Percy as a healed man who enjoys a good relationship with his brothers and with a woman who makes jokes. And George's interactions with his brothers...including the bit with teasing and then encouraging Ron about a potential wedding to Hermione.

Bittersweet final lines.
Poppy P chapter 3 . 3/29/2012
Re-reading this chapter reminded me why this is one the best George/Angelina stories I've ever read. The reconciliation was perfect; chocolate ice cream & freckles! Also loved the description of Angelina steeling herself to enter the flat for the first tIme. Heartbreaking, yet hopeful. I also liked how the Weasley men are more affectionate towards each other-loved the man hugs between Ron/Percy/George. All in all a fine chapter.
ginef chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
This was was such a happy thing to discover after a long day. I love this story and especially your characterization of George. You have a real gift. I can't wait to read more. Thank you for sharing!
Poppy P chapter 2 . 3/29/2012
I must admit that prior to DH the idea of the either of the Weasley twins dating one of the Patil twins, brought a smile to my face. After DH however, it just made me sad. Wouldn't George resent them for still being whole while he, clearly, is not? The way you wrote it, it doesn't seem that way. Parvati is attractive, a professional and uncomplicated; basically what George needs while he's sorting things out w/ Angelina. And speaking of Angelina...George totally deserved that hexing!
Poppy P chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
I am properly ashamed. I cannot believe I story alerted this without leaving a review. After I read chapter 4 yesterday I vowed to remedy that. This story is fantastic! I like that you started the story a year or so after the battle. Too many George stories get mired in the angst in grief. Don't get my wrong, I love Weasley angst, but your George has managed to move on somewhat and that seems very realistic. My favorite part of this chapter was George w/ Harry and Ginny. I like the way George still manages to tease Harry. Poor Angelina; so difficult to want to be around George, but always wishing for Fred :(
Il'Diko chapter 4 . 3/29/2012
It was definitely worth the wait!

I loved how George' essence (?), the core of his personality came trough as he began to live again, as he began to live his life without being a twin... Great character development. And you managed to do it without all the angst. Not that it wasn't hearth wrenching, but in a good way, I can't really explain..

Also I love how slowly he and Angelina began to get closer, you make that too very realistic!

Can't wait to read more! ;) :D

Kudos,

Diko
Loserslurgy chapter 3 . 2/3/2012
OH I just love this story, I really hope you update soon !
Il'Diko chapter 3 . 1/15/2012
Yay for the update! :)

Of course, this was perfect! :) As always, might I ad.

I loved how Angelina began to deal with life, I rather like her this way! And also George for having the guts to apologise!

But my fav scene was when Percy told them he was engaged with Audrey! She is good to him!

Thanks for sharing!