Reviews for Sincerely, the Phoenix
shiney02 chapter 3 . 1/14/2012
Wow, I've waited so long for you to continue - and it's a great chapter again :)
Silverlake chapter 3 . 1/13/2012
Very entertaining! Can't wait to see the next chapter!
Ember Nickel chapter 3 . 1/13/2012
I loved the section about their handwriting and throwing essays across the room. Audrey's Obliviating jokes was nice, too-I do think of her as a nice, humorous counterpoint to Percy. :)
mllewolf chapter 2 . 10/21/2011
I've always been a fan of your writing and characterisations, I can't wait till your next update. :)
Il'Diko chapter 2 . 10/5/2011
Damn ffnet and it's alerts... I stumbled across this new chap just accidentaly! :(

Anyway, awsome, as always. I follow a lot of G/A stories, but not one author writes George like you do. I can only compliment you - again- for creating such normal and close-to-life characters and situations. And Parvati is very intriguing, you should expand her character a little more (maybe in a separate fic?). ;) You captured the awkwardness of a first date very well, I smiled a lot there!

I'm very happy you are updating this, I can't wait toread more!

Diko
Silverlake chapter 2 . 9/30/2011
Great chapter! I love what you've done with Parvati-she's matured but still pretty and sophisticated.
FrednGeorgeFanGirl chapter 2 . 9/28/2011
I'm really enjoying it, please continue:)

Is the fact that George and Parvati are both twins going to come into the story? Because that is a very interesting idea to me.

Anyway, good job so far!
adp1222 chapter 2 . 9/28/2011
Loving it. Please update soon
Bellerophone chapter 2 . 9/28/2011
Hi! Nice chapter-I like how big you make the Wizarding World seem. Parvati working for the Arts section of the Daily Prophet seems perfect :) And I'm interested in how you're portraying Angelina. I don't quite agree with it-as we've talked about, lol-but you're a very good writer and I'm excited to see where you go with this!
Ember Nickel chapter 2 . 9/28/2011
George and Parvati's flirting at the beginning was cute, and I liked the Lynch cameo. Having George go up on the roof (although I first read that as /Rolf/ climbing up on the roof, which seemed completely natural) seemed kind of cinematic. In a good way, I guess.
shiney02 chapter 2 . 9/28/2011
There are so many wonderful sides of thhis chapter that I don't quite know what to say. I'm so happy that the story goes on and that the characters stay in their roles. George's "conversation" with Angelina and his thoughts about her with Lynch are especially good :)
ginef chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
So thrilled that you are writing another story. Your Fireworks story was the first George/Angelina story I ever read (back over on LJ) and remains my all-time favourite. I can't wait to read this one. The more massive it is, the better. Cheers!
Malvolia chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
I like that you start with George past the initial horribleness of things, and that it's Harry who helps pull him out (what is it about needing somebody who isn't family to tell you things?).

A favorite line in George and Angelina's first meeting: "the little voice did have an uncanny resemblance to his mother's."

One possible edit, since you said it was the half-edited version: "Fred's ex-girlfriend, or ex-fiancée"-shouldn't that be "former" or something more along those lines? "Ex-" implies somebody broke it off. Widow and ex-wife are very different, for example.

I like Fred & George's conversation about the possibility of death. Quite in-character way for them to deal with it.

Harry's pride in his godson is endearing. :)

Nice conversation between George and Percy the first Christmas, and nice that it wasn't something to linger over angstily.

Angelina is believably torn between wanting and not wanting to see George. And he'd probably have been through that reaction from others enough to become either ultra-sensitive or rather calloused to it (and the latter does seem more Weasley-ish), so the fact that he doesn't guess at her problem earlier makes sense.

As always, I'd read more.
liltle chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Please, make it massive! We don't mind.

I like that this turned out to be George's perspective rather than Ange's since its much more interesting to see what he thinks of this whole new relationship thing he has with his dead twin's ex-lover/fiance. With having Angelina in the dark, reading him potentially saving her from her grief as well as his own is something to be looking forward to.
Bellerophone chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Oh my goodness, this is so good! I checked out your profile after you reviewed my George/Angelina story, and I clicked on this story-and wow! I love your characterizations, I love the humor mixed with sorrow-I love the flashbacks-I really liked the scene where George and Fred were planning their funerals. Other post-DH fics have Fred leaving soppy, sad letters to George before his death and I always thought that was silly, that Fred would never do something like that-but to have them joking about it was really sweet!

Of course, I don't think that Fred and Angelina were still seeing each other after their seventh year, but you write it very believably so I wasn't irritated with it! I often wonder if people only make a big deal about Fred and Angelina being in love just because Fred died and that makes it a better story-because canonically all they did was go to the Yule Ball together when they were teenagers.

But anyway, I digress. Didn't mean to start an argument; I just meant that your characterizations are very good and even though I don't necessarily agree fully I still really enjoyed reading it and rethinking my ideas about the books. This was a wonderful, very well-written story. Hope you keep writing!
53 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »