Reviews for How Xenophilius Lovegood Saved Britain
blue artemis chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
I was giggling madly the whole time. And I love Harry/Luna.
Koolerkid2005 chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
Talk about your Butterfly Effect. To think, one little thank-you note caused all this...

Excellent work. Very well thought out, very well-written, and very, VERY funny. The letter/article format was an interesting choice, and really gave the whole work a sort of "scrapbook" feel, which I think is what you were going for. I rarely get to read parody that is so genuinely funny, especially in the HP fandom, so I'm thrilled to have stumbled across this. Good work!
Loves Luna chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
This was a great story! I thought that was funny that you had a note dated march fourth, that's my birthday!
Man of Kent - Railwayman chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
Entertaining and different, as I suppose almost anything with Mr Lovegood as a major character ends up being
Lane Anasazi chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
This is really good. The different formats - letters, articles, official documents - kept it from becoming stale. I laughed out loud a couple times.
Emerald Ashes chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
This is brilliant. I really like how you included clips from both magical and non-magical sources. Amid all the mad silliness and wonderful tidbits, though, my favorite is undoubtedly Harry's letter to Hermione ("Luna was right. About everything."). I giggled quite a bit over the Hobgoblins reunion tour, as well. Just an all-around great fic.
MouraMoura chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Fantastic and hillarious!
Misa3000 chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Freaking loved this! Keep giggling every few seconds!
Norrrrrrrrrr chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Heh
zedille chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
:D This was a lot of fun! Your worldbuilding! Subjecting the magical world to more 'familiar" British authority and extending what already exists to the magical world. I loved the "primary source" way you wrote this in with its glimpses into the inner workings of government (including the French one! I've always wanted to see more of other wizarding societies and how they interact with Britain's), and how you started (and ended) the story with little Gabrielle Delacour. And needless to say, this entire story has been a whole new look at Xenophilius ("Lord Daddy" indeed! idk I'm sure some of the old pureblood families do have legitimate titles?) and all the creatures that he espouses (nargles and snorkacks indeed... sweet of Harry to put that on his coat of arms! ... the fact that he even has a coat of arms!)

... and a few other things that I just have to giggle about - your mention that Trudeau had done a similar thing! (A repurposing of real-world history...) and the idea that the "power he knows not" was [well, among things] good old artillery and weapons of that sort! This is priceless, really.
M chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
That. Was. BRILLIANT.
jilumasam chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Hilarious! Thanks for writing.
couragetcd chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
It was funnier when I thought you just threw in unlawful oil drilling to see if anyone was still paying attention :-) Fun stuff, I'm sure I'll hit it for a reread or three.
Timothy S chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
It's very clever and worth the time investment required to read it, well written, the right gags at the right times, clearly thought through. 4.2 stars.

As a "diplomatic thriller" it was a little unrealistic. The magical government of France would NOT accept or encourage a take-over, consequences too destablizing, governments are usually extremely conservative in FP, sets bad precedence for Wizarding sovereignty over wizarding affairs which might come back to bite them. Of course, maybe this is what you wanted, it's a comedy after all, and larger than life actions are required for the premise.

I also found the supposed heroes unsympathetic. Use of the dementors kiss on political opponents, seizure via coup from a democratic government, control of free expression, false elitism in the petty restriction on titles of nobility- all add up to something unsavoury. But who says that we were supposed to identify with Xenophilius & the Queen I suppose? Still if that was the intent, it would have been nice to see more of the negative fall out from their actions. Were there no protests? Exploration of the darker side of what was happening, the fallouts from the coup (coups are never clean) would move this from a very good fic to a real classic. If you darkened the shade of gray around the protagonists and political actors just a touch more so much could be achieved.
Cynical-Smile01 chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
I howled all the way through. "Lord Daddy" definitely sounds like something Luna would say
124 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »