Reviews for Simple Conversations
robingirl chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Sorry to lazy to login
But I really liked this little oneshot you did
Yiu captured the characters well and thr issue without going overboard
I hope sometime we will get to see more issues brought up with other characters
Krylancelo chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
Way cool. Kal is my fav and Virgil is awesome. I wish they'd meet young justice proper but for now them both being in the same show is good.
i like yj in part because it is diverse. kal, duncan, raquel, bumble bee ( I can never remember her real name)...black manta ( who is turning out to be kind of cool in the long run. he cares for kal, though if he ever finds the deception I shudder to see that come to light)
Virgil as well since he started showing up. I might have missed a few but it always made me happy to see african americans represented in this show.
though the other cultural diversity is awesome as well, like tye as an native american and jamie as hispanic.
Still Kal has always been my fav.
Good fic, sorry I rattled on and on.
Peridot272 chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
I like this... quite a bit
NixKat chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Nice.
Melidona chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Cute one shot, hope you post more soon!
Sakura123 chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
This was pretty smooth. You managed to touch upon the issue of race and racism and did it without knocking your readers over the head with broad explanations, or simple implications that felt disingenuous. I also think you captured the voices of Virgil and Kaldur nicely through their conversation as well.

Added to my favorites,

Sakura123
IncMode chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
I really liked reading this.

You never really see race issues being brought up in fics, even though it's something that affects a lot of people on a near daily basis.

Characterization seemed fine for Virgil, though honestly I don't really remember how he's supposed to act. It's been a while since I've last seen Static Shock. Though you got Kaldur's character down to pat (I'm pretty sure that's an actual saying).

Keep it up! I'm looking forward to reading more.
Purple Majestic chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
love it
InMyOwnWords chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
This is perfect.
sat8926 chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
That was pretty good! Can you make the young justice member teamup with static and Gear? Please!
BadEgg chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Static just said literally everything about black Superheroes that I have ever felt.

I'm not sure what to say except thanks for approaching this at all and you handled this wonderfully.
Bat-dove chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
Oh. Virgil is an awesome guy. He can relate to almost anything considering who he is and the people he has to put up with. I hope you do continue to write this story

ps will you mention that Batman said he was with the titans? Or change that to, he's in a branch of the league?

Regardless, please continue!
Elisa chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
I like how you brought Static in the story and had him open Kaldur's eyes to the race issue. I look forward to see what you do with this story.