Reviews for There Were Names There
babysister1985 chapter 1 . 9/25/2014
That was well written and I was trying not to Cried because what you wrote is so true that we should not forget those how were lost that day thank you.
J.D. Finck chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Not bad...though your dialog gets "messy" at times. A couple of issues: "...that someone even could launch an attack on mainland America...was nearly incomprehensible to Cap..." This makes no sense. Cap LIVED through the attack on Pearl Harbor, when attack on the mainland was feared as a distinct possibility. This line just doesn't work.
Also, having Cap (even "bad-ass Ultimate's" Cap) say the words that he is speaking today not as "an agent of death" is off. That is very harsh sounding imagery to invoke at a solemn remembrance.
Keep writing, there is some good stuff here.
Wordofreason chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Would you like to give a dedication to the innocent lives of civilians that were taken because of this 9/11 incident (which was an inside job, watch 'Loose Change'), in Iraq, Afghanistan and other countries? Millions of people died compared to 2000 or so during 9/11.
Dancing With The Clouds chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
To those who died in 9/11, you will forever be remembered by us. May you rest in peace.
Love.me.hate.me.its.all.good chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
I cried reading this it is so amazing and beautifully written. I was 4 when 9/11 happened and i still remember that day clear as a bell. We will never forget. Idk what religion you are but God bless you for writing this!
Decepticon-silverstreak chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
This is a very touching story, and i am very lucky that no one i personally knew was hurt. My mom is a Sergent Major in the army and my dad a reitred Colonel in the amry. They both lost many friends.

Captain America is a great hero who i have personally looked up to.

Keep on writing and reviewing.
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Thank You.
peggycarter chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
i really like this story please write more chapters. i could tell that Steve Rogers/ Captian America loved his courty. Can you please with marshmallows on top write more chapters. And please write a chapter were Cap's grilfreind shows up. And they go to the stark Club and have the dance that they deserve. And wite a chapter where Steve proposes to peggy and they get married and rasie a famaily!
Irish-Brigid chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
*sniff* I wanna give Cap a hug! And I want to give you a hug for writing this.
Paradox Tremors chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Wow. Double wow. A great write my friend. Well, well written. I almost found a few tears in my eyes. Let us never forget. Let us never forget so we may never make the mistake again. Enjoyed the write.
Mistflyer1102 chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Wow.

Very emotional, very touching.

I believe you did an excellent job capturing Captain America's/Steve's reaction to the 9/11 tragedy. One of the few moments that got to me is during his speech, when he starts saying "But in your faces, I can see exactly what happened that day..." and ends at 'we will continue to keep going, no matter the loss, no matter the hardship". Another moment is the very beginning, when he is looking at the names on the plaques.

...I'm still at a loss for words, this piece was written well.

Mistflyer