Reviews for The Lion King III: The Lost Prince
Rebecca Gibbons chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Hi Prince Kopa

I though you're alive for Kopa you was dead I missing you how did know Kopa?

Yes but you cannot watch movie for The Lion King six new adventures.

before you when little prince for Kopa I'm cubs.

That awful Zira will killing you Kopa is dead anytime when in heaven you see my father for Simba live in priderock.

I know you dead for Kopa we love you sister with Kiara be happy and oneday if you see Kiara when meet with Kopa's 1994 years ago when little prince for Kopa.

our family go back at home for prideland and your mum, dad and sister you will promised Kopa.

Kopa don't worry your mother for Nala coming see you his son long time.

Thank you talking about story for The Lion King III the lost prince.

from Rebeccca
ashlynthestory-creator chapter 2 . 11/4/2011
one of my favourite TLK fanfics, excellant job!
derock06 chapter 9 . 10/17/2011
How did I forgot to send a review for a magnificent fan-fiction of the best Disney movie ever?

You actually nailed it! As a full-time LK fan, the whole story felt like I'm watching it on home right now via DVD/Blu-ray, minus the adult situations and foul language, which unfortunately Disney will never ever does in an all-audience 2D animated film. The only things missing are the "Behind the Scenes" and deleted scenes lol.

But anyways, back when I was writing fan-fiction, I really wanted to start on working on this series because of the huge amount of material Disney (and outside sources) created. Out of all of the Disney canon movies, the only ones that has the most materials was Aladdin (3 movies and an animated series) and Winnie the Pooh (tons of background materials from the original books, not to mention a lot of movies and TV shows). Alas I'd stopped writing, but I'm glad to see there are others who can write it as good as if it was one of the Disney writers contributed it.

I love the plot overall. It actually flowed well and the characters' dialog is absolutely flawless, minus some. You did mentioned about Rafiki's dialog of referring to himself in third-person and it felt OOC if he used first-person. However, he did used it when he was talking to Mufasa in Lion King 2 about the "plan of getting Kiara and Kovu together". I loved how you used the books, the one-shot comics and the pre-production materials fusing them together to balance with the films. The materials expanded the series' universe and background. I wish Disney Studios will accept all of it and hopefully give a 3rd sequel since the 1st movie is still hitting the box office in theaters, not sure how the Diamond Edition is doing now but it's probably selling well.

You made Kopa/Chaka very likable here. Sarcastic yet, brave and kind-hearted. Not to mention of having the combination of his father and mother's personalities. Also his love for the insects... like father, like son as they always say. I liked the dynamic of his and Kovu's relationship, it almost followed the the 2 rival characters in a typical Japanese manga.

I was surprised to read Scar's return, being alive, as the main villain. At first, I was thinking, now how was that possible when he was eaten by the hyenas, not to mention being burned to the crisp by the flames. Yet, you given him a great comeback to raise up the shock value. Though, I would've wished for a Simba Vs. Scar Round 2 fight. You handled his increased hatred for Simba and his children pretty well.

As I said, this is one of the best, minus a few grammatical errors, I still saw some on the revised version. I'm currently reading your sequel, Rogue Pride, and so far it is awesome, so I will write a review once its finish. Great work!
09Stewie'sHenchwoman09 chapter 9 . 10/16/2011
Just read the entire story in one sitting, and I loved it. You really made me like Kopa, and Rafiki was just hilarious. Scar was absolutely terrifying, though I'll admit to cheering when he killed Kidonda(got a bit of a stalker-rapist feeling from that guy). The bit about Scar eating Zira was something that particularly stayed with me. Creepy.

All in all it was a very good fanfic. I hope the next one will be as good.

Asante chapter 9 . 10/14/2011
Hey Readers and Reviewers, just wanted to make a note that I edited The Lion King III: The Lost Prince and replaced all the chapters with the new material. What's different? Honestly, not all that much. Mostly, I just reread the whole thing and fixed any grammatical errors I didn't catch the first time. There were also a few bits of dialogue that I reworded or removed to make the reading flow better. Also, I altered most of Rafiki's dialogue so that he only speaks in third person. In my first draft, he switched from third to first occasionally and I think this is what made him sound OOC before. Hope you like the improvements - not that I want you to reread the whole thing. But, hopefully, it will make an impression on future readers.
toffeecoffee chapter 4 . 10/7/2011
Just read this whole story in one go! I loved it! You're a very talented writer! You use the just the right amount of description, not overloading but more than enough to picture the story in your head perfectly. Gonna read the next one tomorrow ;)
strawberryshinobi chapter 9 . 10/5/2011
Love how you written this, cause I can see the characters in my mind and practically watch it like a movie. I can't wait to read your next two stories!
27dayz chapter 9 . 10/1/2011
Wow! Great story! I loved all of the detail and how this fic could actually be a sequel for the series. You did a great job with this and I can't wait to read the next two stories you have planned.
Ersatz Okapi chapter 9 . 10/1/2011
I really love Kopa's personality in this. This story is paced and developed fairly well while still dealing with the lingering issues of the major characters. Nice job giving the characters depth. Rafiki at some points did seem OOC with his outbursts.

A couple of other things: Indian isn't a language (India has 14 official languages and none of them are called "Indian"-you're likely thinking of the widely spoken Hindi). Second, for your Lion King V idea, this is more of a personal thing for me, but I generally dislike fics with humans in the Pridelands (an exception is lieder's excellent one). It kind of compromises the timeless quality of the tale and goes against the entire feel of the original movies-that is, an almost tribal anthropomorphic group of lions. It doesn't feel right when intelligent humans inhabit the same universe as a whole gamut of other intelligent creatures. Of course, you can disregard this if you feel differently about it; I just like to imagine that TLK should be independent of human history.
KShara Khan chapter 6 . 9/21/2011
Rafikii would make one hell of a psychiatrist or psychologist! ;D
MinisterSweetGoodKid chapter 3 . 9/18/2011
Another good one! I have to admit that Kovu finding his mother's remains and finding out how she got that way was a bit disturbing. But that's okay.

Having what remained of Scar making an appearance like that was pretty cool. Any chance you'll bring him back, or is that it? Kind of curious.

I only saw one grammar or spelling error and that was at the beginning when Kovu, Timon, Pumbaa, and Zazu find the cave and the skeletal remains of Zira and that's when Timon rubs his neck: "Gosh, I'm really sorry, Kid," Timon explained, rubbing the beck of his neck. I think you meant to type 'back' instead of 'beck'. No worriess though, this sort of thing happens. I just wanted to let you know. From one writer to another.

Again, good job.
MinisterSweetGoodKid chapter 2 . 9/18/2011
Having Mufasa appear was a good idea. I noticed this in the last chapter, but didn't comment: Mheetu is part of this story, huh? Hmm... interesting, and it's probably the first story I've seen that has Nala's brother in it. Also a good idea. This chapter was good. I saw no grammar or spelling issues and it kept my attention. Nice job!
MinisterSweetGoodKid chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Not bad for a first chapter. I really enjoyed this and I also like how the characters stay in character. I know how hard it is to get into the mind of a Disney character and have only attempted to do it a few times. Maybe I succeeded, maybe I didn't. You, I think have, at least thus far, so congratulations, and I'll be reading the next few chapters, and giving reviews ;)

Ersatz Okapi chapter 6 . 9/18/2011
There are many fanfics portraying a similar scenario that ultimately regress into pure fluff or bad writing. Yours, I am glad to note, does not. The pacing of the story is done well, and the characters are actually believable and stay in character. I generally groan when stories have Scar as the villain post-TLK 2, but you have managed to make his inclusion add to the story (I like the part about him being rabid).
Randomer chapter 5 . 9/17/2011
I'm simply loving this fanfic so far, keep up the good work. :D
78 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »