Reviews for The Butterfly and the Gentleman
zazial chapter 1 . 3/25
This was a beautiful read (I know, you've read that again and again before but it is true). I think it is a better ending for all the mystery you left, giving Arthur a quest to keep going and living, and Kiku time to mature and be...less scared.
I enjoyed how your developed Arthur's character, and that scene in the carriage where the tables turned between him and Alfred (because Arthur just wouldn't shut up) really made me giggle - take that Alfred! This is what you do to people! (This is the parent you actually take after). It was very cute. And it was nice to reach the point where Arthur realizes that yes, maybe he was never in love with his wife, but of course he did love her, and that's something to mourn.

I actually shipped AsaKiku a while back, and never found any good material to read, so I stopped looking for it. I'm so glad that I stumbled upon your fic. Thanks!
Beatrice Vargas chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
That. Was. Beautiful.
The story, Kiku's personality, how you put Fem!France and her relationship with Arthur. All was so sad and...I just love this so much.
Arthur's wife indeed was a sweetie, and in other hand, I would like to know Kiku's past, but as you said it will be a secret.
Oh, and when they made love, it was so cute. Really, I liked so much.
I mean...the history was so perfect.
Another AsaKiku fanfic of yours that made me feel so much emotions, sadness, hapiness, etc. It's like a thing that only you can do.
And the end! You made me cry too. At first I felt a bit heart broken but then, I realized. That was a perfect end.
I would really love to see what you said, Kiku's hints and Arthur meeting another characters, another journey. But well, in the very end they will be together.
Amazing like always, I hope you will write more about this two!
NagiRokudo chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
This is so beautiful. I was speechless after reading this. You had done a very good job in creating the plot, characters' personalities, some plot twist, and spend your time in this fic.
Crazy.rabbit2 chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
are you aware someone has stolen your story? story/2969947/The-Butterfly-and-The-Gentleman/ Unless this is you, but I know this person has stolen several other people's story's... :/
Resha04 chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
This fic is so beautiful... So very beautiful.
The feeling and the atmosphere is so well written and it makes me can feel them too. Tranquil and bittersweet.
I love the ending. :) Although maybe most of people will say that it's unsatisfying, but I found it so... fulfilling. Kiku left, but he still gave Arthur a chance, and Arthur, after he finally felt alive again, he wouldn't lose that feeling because he would chase after him.

And I love the characterization. I especially love Kiku and fem!France in this :D Kiku is colder and cynical, but he also retains his sweet side. And fem!France is just so lovable. I could picture her so well, motherly and elegant and beautiful QuQ

Thank you for this beautiful fic! :D
the.star.that.never.twinkles chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
This story is definitely worth-reading even though it's a little too long. Oh yeah! :D
Volcarona chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
This was an intriguing and very well-written story! You have so much detail, so much emotion in this...really, it's quite amazing. :D
riza chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Absolutely lovely!
gay-nations chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
This was wonderful. Wonderful, indeed.
gaynintendo chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
This was so beautiful and mysterious and adventurous, it was amazing! It's the fist asakiku story I've read and god I love this pairing so much. I love Kiku's personality in the story too, it's a nice change.
Account no longer in useage chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Wow... hats off to your for managing to write such an ingenious and entertaining, not to mention original fic.

I'm seriously struggling to fault it on anything, the characters where well portrayed, the plot was immersive and entertaining, what's more fics this long tend to drone on in places fr far to long, however here the story flows just right and doesn't spend too long or too little amount of time in developing Arthur and Kiku's relationship _ this makes me a happy reader.

The ending, well usually I like some form of conclusion and therefore hate stories with open endings (hate is a bit strong, lets just say they irk me) however for some reason beyond sanity it actually works here and I like it, congrats on being the first to do this - it fits in well with the mood you've set in the story.

All in all a great story, really loved it, instant favourite.
IrisTheFlower chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
Wow...

I'm impressed. You see, I've fallen in love with this couple recently and there's not really any good Asakiku stories out there :/

But you, I've took some time to read some of your Asakiku stories. I'm very pleased.

This one stood out to me the most and I do not know why it does not have enough reviews. Because it is extremely well written, the flow of the emotions, the interactions, and characterization. I absolutely love it!

I did not stop reading because it kept me interested and on the edge of my seat. It was a very enjoyable story. I don't know how else to explain it. It was just too beautiful. I really look forward to more of your works! :D
Grimm2 chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
So beautiful. I don't think I can really convey how beautiful I found this story! Really and truly. I wish I could think of more to say to you honestly. I love it. The emotions are real and relatable. Lots of love.
2cm chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Beautiful story we have here!

I really liked you fic C: and let me tell you I usually don't like stories where just one give it everything (just like Artur in this case) while the other, well... is like he gives a damn XD

but I don't know, I just loved how you made Kiku personality, his insecurities, how whimsical he is and how BEAUTIFUL he is (I want Kiku smoking his kiseru, please? Hnng *p*) ... I could imagine all Arthur's feelings and how fascinated he was for this japanese boy.

All the story of Arthur and his wife was so heartbreaking and beautiful, I loved their comradeship and actually I think most marriage in that time was without love, anyway, I love Georgian/Victorian novels and all these perfect men, so I can live deceived ;) xD

I sobbed when Arthur finally understood he was indeed really sad, that scene was perfect (was that Fruk? eue) I enjoyed every scene where he remembered her

Oh, and I liked Alfred too, so noisy as always! haha I liked the carriage scene, the contrast of their personalities, and how you made him describe the show, I don't know, I like to fix this kind of details, and I think one of the things a good writer can do is describe characters like if they were real...

Now, the only thing that maybe shocked me was Arthur taking so well the fact that obviously he was gay ehehe, I think that was so fast, mainly because we are talking about a male chauvinist era...

Anyway, I love the way you write and I loved your fic, and actually this is my first Asakiku and Hetalia fic :)

Oh, and Neko recommended your fic (I know you from Tumblr, mine is lemonpiie n/u)

Have a nice day/night

Ah, and sorry for my english u/u
ivyterasu chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
whaaaaaat! awww TTATT i wanted to know how this ends . you really have talent! this is really amazing!*