Reviews for Affirmation of Life
Mad Library Scientist chapter 8 . 9/19/2015
You've got to finish this story; I almost have a physical need to know how it ends!
kira66 chapter 7 . 5/3/2015
I know this hasn't been updated for a long time but I thought I'd take a crack and leave a review.

While Daniel was my favorite character, Sam a close second, I always thought they wrote him with a niaeve self-center-ism. It did get better as the show progressed and after Season six when Daniel came back. But it always irked me because it just didn't feel right sometimes that someone so sweet and innocent and willing to sacrifice himself for others could be so self centered at times.

And it always irked me that the show always overlooked th connection Sam and Daniel had for the more forced one that happen between her and Jack.

Anyways I love what you wrote up to this point.
Linda Tanner chapter 8 . 4/26/2015
I hope everything is ok with you, but please finish this story. What a cliffhanger.
Solia chapter 8 . 2/21/2015
Oh man! I didn't realise this was unfinished :( What a place to leave us hanging! So close, yet so far.

I love that Hannah Claire is named after her grandmothers, and I thought your Jacob and Selmak were perfectly true to their onscreen counterparts. I'm disappointed that this was never completed because you had such a great thing going on here - great pacing, realistic issues, convincing chemistry, in-canon humour, strong dialogue, tidy characterisation - but I will have to believe in whatever ending my imagination offers me. I feel sure with Jacob Carter's prompt that Sam would eventually take Daniel back so that is the ending I will remember whenever I think of this story.

Thankyou for a lovely story. Well done. I hope these days you are still writing, in some form, because storytelling is a gift you carry, and I hope that it still brings you pleasure.

Solia chapter 6 . 2/21/2015
Oh, poor Daniel! I understand Sam's resentment and her reluctance to let him back in but her complete wall against him after dragging him home seems very cold. If you don't want him, couldn't you have just left him alone and ignorant in Mexico? I'm hoping he can win her back :) There are still two chapters ahead; I'm keeping faith!

I was starting to get the suspicion she might have been pregnant when it became apparent everybody was being weird and talking about 'consequences', and that everybody knew about their night together. This particular consequence of intimacy is somewhat difficult to hide! Hannah Claire is a pretty name.

As before your characterisation and dialogue is spot-on. I enjoy being carried around in your Daniel Jackson's head. He's a believable and genuine vessel for this story. The shaving scene was so well-written; I could see him in my mind's eye and hear his inner monologue as you wove his thoughts between his mundane actions and wrote it into something very engaging.

Thanks!

Solia chapter 2 . 1/31/2015
Hi! I see that you wrote this fic a while ago so I'm not sure how long it'll be before you see this review, but your profile indicates you appreciate feedback so hopefully this'll be a nice surprise for you sometime in the future :)

This is such a glorious piece of writing, and I'm only up to Chapter 2! Everything, everything, is great! On a finicky level, your spelling, grammar and general control of language is impressive, enough so that I found it noticeable, and your choices in vocabulary and sentence structuring are artful. Pacing is perfect; you choose the right elements to elaborate on without overwhelming the reader in detail. Your love scene is hot and raw without being explicit. Your vision of the characters is spot-on and I can hear their voices in my head as I read the dialogue you've given them. Your Sam is natural; your Daniel is believable and his voice was evident in the inner monologue text right from the very beginning, so that it was possible to identify the narrator long before Walter gave us the "Dr Jackson?" line to confirm it.

Above all that I've already mentioned, the dark tone you weave through with Daniel's guilty thoughts and the unfairness of Janet's death is the standout for me. I love a good dark dissection of character - motivations and secrets and hidden fantasies and fears thrown all over the room like blood and tissue in a violent murder scene - and you provide this in heaped piles.

Thankyou for a wonderful read. I will be back to read the rest :)

Chas58 chapter 8 . 12/6/2014
This is a great story, but why is it that you never finish it?
Guest chapter 8 . 11/24/2013
This story is so good, I really hope you will continue this!
ClaireBear chapter 8 . 9/29/2013
Please tell me that this isn't finished?!
NiceNipps chapter 8 . 9/9/2013
Seems a shame to leave the story here, I was enjoying it ;)
kira66 chapter 8 . 7/29/2013
More?
flyingdocbrett chapter 8 . 6/10/2013
Oh boy. Though I am normally more of a jack and sam shipper, I really do enjoy reading this story. I hope that sam will be able to forgive daniel in the end. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Guest chapter 8 . 6/2/2013
Thanks for updating. I love this story. Poor Daniel... He is trying a bit too hard, I think.
WhiteElfElder chapter 8 . 5/27/2013