Reviews for The Road From Babel
brookemichelleee chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
This one actually made me cry! So sad.
Xixuegui chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
I just read this story for the first time, and really loved it.
The dialogue fits the characters perfectly, and the descriptions of both settings and emotions puts you right there, in the middle of the action. The love scenes were passionate and sexy without being overly graphic.
Above all, kudos for having the guts to start with perfect happiness and end in a much more melancholy place. It's what the Buffy/Angel relationship is all about in the end.
I only have a couple of minor quibbles with character reactions in certain situations. For example, I think Giles' attitude seems a little harsh, even considering that his relationship with Angel isn't exactly one of mutual affection. My thought is that if he saw Buffy as obviously happy as she is in this story, he'd want her to stay that way.
My second quibble is that Willow's return and the emotions connected with it didn't become completely clear to me. Why is her return so unexpected and emotional for everyone? (NB: I might simply need a refresher on the whole Willow: Wonderland plot here, it's been a while since I've read it.)
Still, I think this is one of my favorite pieces of fan fic I've ever read. The premise is creative, and it's beautifully executed. I especially like the little nod to translation at the very end. Brings the story full circle nicely.
If you find yourself with nothing better to do, I'd be honored to have you read (and review, if you like) my first complete Buffy/Angel fan fic novella: s/10392482/1/A-Thing-Once-Lost. I'm hoping to make it the first part of an ongoing series, and I'm grateful for any feedback I can get.
Red Room Flare chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
This is just about the saddest piece of fiction I have ever read. Not the saddest fanfic; the saddest story, period. I put it on my favorite's list many months ago. I usually re-read my favorites with some regularity, but this story, I've avoided like the plague. I would just look at the hiperlinked title and remember feeling so, so miserable after the first time I read it... I was afraid looking at it again would send me spiraling into depression. But tonight I steeled myself and re-read it, just to see if it really was a as good as I remembered it to be. I figured it couldn't be.

It was. It's so creative, and soulful, and sad. It evokes in me the kind of feelings that Angel the series (and to a lesser degree, BtVS) brought out in me, that whole mess of questions about the meaning of suffering and renunciation, and the problems with personal freedom and responsibility.

I'm sure I'll have to read it again soon.
David Fishwick chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
Awesome and thanks for writing.
Sinangeled chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
I really enjoyed this beautiful piece of fiction. The concept was enthralling and the conclusion was bittersweet and beautiful.
Angellufy chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
This is sooooooooooooooooo horrible. They had yet again to separate, but at least they had sometime together, much more than just one night.
MaryZG chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
One of my favorites! Really nice twist.

First two paragraphs could be a story by themselves, a happy love story.

But what would we do with all the angst then? Theirs is a cursed love, after all, poor things. That's why we love them.

Yeah, this story captures nicely why we love B/A pairing. Bittersweet.
ba2006 chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
freakin awesome :) loved it :)
AntariansSlayer chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Loved it! I was hoping they would come up with a way to stay together in the end but it is Buffy and Angel, so I know that isn't very likely lol.

Without looking it up to verify, I'm pretty certain that Angel said 'Let the good times roll' at the end?

Like I said before- loved it!