Reviews for Make You Watch
saoulbete chapter 3 . 8/5/2012
This... oh my god i dont know how i never knew this was here? This is absolutely amazing and i love the understated intensity of it. I love the realism of it, the clinging need to just know you're alive and intact. It's amazing. I love it
halfbadgirl chapter 3 . 8/1/2012
Before I deposit my two cents, I have a confession to make. Today I entered the World According to Cracky (reading all of your fics in one go) with a preconceived notion: you, dear author, wrote some wild shit! I came to this biased conclusion from sporadic exposure to your tales which I stumbled across during my periodic sifting of the Rizzles fanfic pool. Prior to today, I thought you produced primarily stylish smut (to which I admit craving on occassion) and wonderfully goofy one shots starring Det. Snarky and Dr. Smartypants (which make me grin and often guffaw). In retrospect, I suspect that my filter criteria may have been grossly limited, if not flawed.

But, to make matters even worse, I rationalized that perhaps such delightful, quirky yarns were to be expected. After all, this is amateur hour and you do go by the handle Crackinois ... which is some wild shit unto itself! What does that alias even mean? Damned if I know. So I just shortened your moniker to Cracky and stamped your work as such: delightfully cracky.

Little did I know just how wrong I was. You write some amazingly aware shit, too ... like this story in particular, one among several ... all of which deserve a special fandom classification of "MA" ... "Mind Altering."

Yes, I could tell you that, even before I read your story, this one, I agreed with you (and hordes of others) that TNT's ending for episode 2.10 was ridiculous at best. But that is so pedestian ... merely stating the glaringly obvious. TNT's ending was weird, to be sure, but by the next episode I was over it. Somehow, within seven days (or more likely within an embarasingly short seven minutes), I had swallowed TNT's dose of absurd human behavior as plausible enough. Plausible enough for me to tune in next week, same R&I time, same R&I channel. Damn their reliance on the willing suspense of disbelief! And damn me for being willing.

Your ending, however, makes me hang my head in shame.

I had no idea what the effects of being tazed was. And I didn't even look it up after the show! Hell, it took me several minutes to realize that Maura couldn't move because she was, in fact, tazed! Duh. Stupid ... me. But I did know BC ("Before Cracky"), that Jane could / would / should have cleaved to Maura, then and there, with even more desperate need than she displayed with Korsak. Jane needed it. Maura needed it. We needed it. Forget Rizzles for a moment ... just as friends ... merely as acquaintances ... sharing a horrific experience such as Hoyt's torture would have forged their bond exponentially stronger instantly, residually, forevermore. I knew that even then ... BC ... when I was a cretin.

But after reading your ending, the mind altering truth, I am completely humbled and reborn by your grasp of authentic human behavior in the face of evil and of the nature of forging one's individual and shared soul with the emotional fire set ablaze in that existential moment. I am certain Jeanette Winterson ... and Sartre ... would be proud of your work. You should be too. Amazing.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for being clueless with regards to the true scope of your work, fan though I already was ... and for blindly accepting absurdity as ever being good enough. TNT take note: Cracky speaks for us all ... the mind altering truth.
Fallen austin chapter 3 . 7/15/2012
Just as it should have been. Well done on that. Thanks for giving me the ending I wanted :)
Fallen austin chapter 2 . 7/15/2012
This is so much better than the shows version. I love protective, strong Jane :)
Fallen austin chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
That was written beautifully, The way you described the effects of the tazer...just wow. Then the last bit with Jane holding her. So good :)
WarriorQueenDagnova chapter 3 . 6/7/2012
This is sucha a beautiful end to that episode, definitely the righteous one.
Estafila chapter 3 . 2/22/2012
I have to admit taat the birthday was a crappy ending, I didn't really think about that. But I couldn't think about Jane and Maura making love or anithyng like that after what happened, so I think this fic is a pretty good choice.

The way they felt so confident about undressing each other said everything, they didn't even need to say that they love each other, but it was touching.
EppieG chapter 3 . 2/11/2012
THIS was what needed to happen after that emotional scene in the episode. Thank you so much for so beautifully filling in the gap.

Your writing does the unique and exceptional relationship justice, and that's the highest compliment I can give :)
RileyPR chapter 3 . 1/23/2012
I heart this story so much! It's amazing. I like that you addressed all the stuff that the show didn't: the reaction to the stun gun, the hospital, not having a party immediately afterwards. Great story!

The only thing I have to say I didn't like much - and I mean this to be in no way an insult and I hope you don't take it as such - is that you used descriptive words, especially in the beginning paragraph, a bit too freely. It's great to paint a strong and clear picture, and you do a really amazing job of that, but you went just a bit overboard on that, and it felt cluttered and a bit confusing. Also, you use a few too many commas; try adding in semi-colons and hyphens instead, or breaking up the sentence into two shorter sentences.

I really did love this story, and I'm glad Tumblr led me to it! Keep writing!
papaver chapter 2 . 1/13/2012
I've already read this fic so many times, and yet I keep coming back. It's impressive how words seem to flow seamlessly, and how you manage to alternate between angst and comfort so easily - and so believably. Haven't read anything that compares, but I'll definitely keep a watch. You keep up the good work.
ShoelessKayla chapter 3 . 12/2/2011
I must agree that the ending was crap but you did it justice! Loved the story!
WalnutHulls chapter 3 . 11/29/2011
Rereading, and "It was like the state of Kentucky exploded in her living room" followed by the horse barf discussion made me laugh out loud. What can I say? I have an odd sense of humor. ;-)
Plume Violette chapter 3 . 11/26/2011
Wow.. this is very-well written! Painful, beautiful, beautifully painful...

I appreciated your fiction very much. Thank you for this amazing piece of work!
Mo Phillips chapter 3 . 11/16/2011
Now that was good.

Mo.
StarvingLunatic chapter 3 . 10/30/2011
Great story. Can't say anything beyond that, just freaking great.
87 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »