Reviews for Rainy Days Are Just Full of Surprises
Cassie-D1 chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
i like it!
Gentleman of York chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Well, it's raining in real life today, so it was impossible for me to ignore this story when I caught the title. First off, yeah, it's true, Tom Riddle is awesome! A few sentences caught my eye, like "Her Slytherin Prefect badge rested resignedly... looking quite dejected from its apparent disuse." and the descriptions of Tom's face. Eerie yet fascinating and attractive. You did a good job of drawing the reader into the moment with them. I felt almost as if I were sitting right there with them, invisible cloak protecting me, able to see their features so clearly because you described them so well and intimately.

What wasn't described as fully as I would like was the full extent of their relationship. I got a good sense of it from the dialogue, and the last line but how they got to where they were now, how it came about that Tom is able to somewhat be open with her and perhaps trust her to an extent (at least trust her to always be surprising) would be an interesting thing to explore. And even though it's a one-shot, some moments of memories added to this could make it even better, perhaps. Like, Tom pausing a moment to remember the first time he was surprised by her, and Rhea first remembering when she realized she loved him.

Still, despite the short length, from Rhea's wicked laugh to her bold declarations of love for this seriously awesome and evil boy, you did a fantastic job of bringing to life a character no one knows. One great way to develop and introduce your own original characters, while remaining in the world of Harry Potter, is www. rmimagic .com where there's already an assured audience of people interested in and wanting to interact with your characters.

I really enjoyed reading this. I also appreciated that you really knew how to keep Tom in character, and that you captured that character so well, not only the way he looks. He definitely doesn't love Rhea, but he is interested in her in the way that he's interested in anything he does not yet fully understand. Thanks for this.
stanzaic chapter 1 . 9/16/2011