Reviews for Through the Eyes of Spade
MisterBland1 chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
I am just hopping in here to tell you that it should be "When you're the younger brother of the leader..." and not "Whenever you're the younger brother of the leader." The word 'whenever' makes it seem like an on-off kind of ordeal, as if you could wake up and suddenly not be the younger brother of the leader.

Just saying. Sorry.
wisdom-jewel chapter 35 . 3/6/2013
Happy birthday to you. I hope you are having an awesome day.

I'm glad that Abby won this contest. Now she needs to get her next ribbon and off for the Grand Festival. And Oralia is mean and very much like a Diva. I hope she gets knock down a peg or two. And it is good for Nika to start out and I love their move set.

And you did Amber and Grandma Ling very good. You got their personalities well. I wish you luck with the next chapter.
4fireking chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
Just posting too hope you'll consider making a cover page.
WaivernRiver chapter 34 . 2/26/2013
I liked the battle, but you forgot that Spade only used three pokemon in a four on four battle. Monferno, Spinarak and Grandbull. Hehe Kind of a fail on your part. I still look forward to what's next. Peace!
pokestets23 chapter 34 . 2/23/2013
That was an awesome battle. Can you say holy starters haha! Yay for Hazel!
Temporal Tempest chapter 34 . 2/22/2013
That was probably the coolest battle ever. Nice job with Juno! I can't wait to read more.
wisdom-jewel chapter 34 . 2/22/2013
Great battle and I loved it. I'm sure Juno would appear when she wants to of course. After all she is his friendly rival of sorts. Everyone needs a friendly rival. Spade is slightly softer and more open with his Pokemon than from the beginning. It shows he is developing into a better person. I know I keep saying that but it is true. He isn't some 2D character that doesn't change. Spade is changing for the better but still has that "I want to be stronger" attitude.

I'm sure Abby would win this next contest for sure.
pokestets23 chapter 33 . 2/6/2013
I liked it:)

The one question:) I like her:)
wisdom-jewel chapter 33 . 2/6/2013
Yes it is a short chapter but a good one at that. I can think that chapters don't need to long. Doing long chapters again and again can be tiresome indeed. It this chapter does show that Spade is opening up and becoming a better person. Though I doubt Spade realize this as of yet but that part of him of wanting powerful Pokemon and to become stronger is still there. Even his Pokemon are changing for the better. I do wonder how long will it last before he relapse if it happens at all. Abby and Sam is getting stronger too. I would like to see Sam in the next contest. It has been awhile since he performed.

1) I would like to see how he struggles with Zubat. Zubat are not the strongest Pokemon but who knows. He may make Zubat a titan by the end of the story.
pokestets23 chapter 32 . 1/23/2013
Wow! Andrew is back! Awesome!:) Starmie and Venomoth are strong! Good chapter!
wisdom-jewel chapter 32 . 1/23/2013
I am stoke that Abby is getting a new rival. She just can't have one contest rival. Someone needs to keep her on her toes.

It seems that Spade has hit a bumpy road. He is developing from being a jackass to a jackass with a heart of gold to maybe becoming something better. But a bumpy road is a good thing for him. I do wonder if he finally opens up to Abby and explain his dream and I do want to know Abby's reaction to it. I know it would be a difficult scene to do but it would be an interesting look. I'm sure Abby won't like it but she'll stay since she sees him as a good friend.

It also seems that Spinarak and Venonat are getting close and Granbull might want to make friends with Shin and Nika. I do want to see how the Pokemon relationships change and become.

Any oh, I do like the picture.
pokestets23 chapter 31 . 1/12/2013
I think it is good. :)

Q1: I can, but I can see the Granbull for having a little resentment for him because he didnt accept him when he was smaller.

Q2: Tyranitar. I know cliche, but it fits so well.
wisdom-jewel chapter 31 . 1/11/2013
Good idea since it can help the readers remember or at least be reminded which Pokemon that each character is training. And Spade is understanding that weakness and strength comes hand to hand. Strength can't exist without weakness and vice versa. He even becoming softer (can cares) but still hides it under a tough exterior. I like it when he's like that but it seems he is ashamed about it. Oh this calls for him getting some character development.

Q1) Granbull can be useful to Spade but ornery at first. It is kinda funny to see him training one but he must learn to work with different types of Pokemon. It would be funny to learn that Granbull is a female not a male. But that's your call to make.

Q2) I want to say Psyduck but that might turn for the worse. I thought of a Houndour but he already have two fire types so I'm thinking a Tauros or something that would test his skills.
pokestets23 chapter 30 . 12/30/2012
I think it worked great! Love this story!
WaivernRiver chapter 30 . 12/7/2012
I agree a little bit on the build up, but it was still an awesome match! Spade's Gym battle's are so much more epic than Free and Heather's that I feel that there's more improvement from Spade. I can't wait to read his and Free's next battle. Spade should definitely win. Peace
143 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »