Reviews for The Lightning Bud
waterlit chapter 32 . 8/2/2015
This was a quick ending -not that I'm complaining, just that I thought it would last much longer (I guess that'll be in the second part of your series). It's been interesting reading about nice-Ozai; such a pity that he chose the wrong path.
CelticSun14 chapter 32 . 8/1/2015
It's short, but I love it! I can't wait for Ursa and Ozai to be together again in part 2 :) Good luck at your new job!
Xx-LoveNeverMore143-xX chapter 31 . 7/23/2015
I loved the developement of Nazuka's character and her relationship to Ursa in this chapter. I will patiently wait for the next update. Keep up the good work.
CelticSun14 chapter 31 . 7/23/2015
Haha, I love Nazuka! I'm glad that Ursa will have a female friend. Although, if Ursa thinks that Nazuka is like Ozai...there could of course be trouble, what with Ozai's future. I'm probably reading too much into it. I'm very excited for this whole two-parter thing as well- and the comment about Ursa's future children- and her reaction to it- made me laugh. Love it!
XTheScarlettLadyX chapter 30 . 6/10/2015
Wow! This story is incredible! You write the characters so well! I always wondered what the relationship between ursa and Ozai was like! I look forward to the next chapter!I am seriously in love with this!
Czarina Wolf chapter 30 . 5/27/2015
Finally a new chapter and Ursa finally gets a new badass bodyguard. Please keep being inspired and updating this masterpiece.
lizy2000 chapter 30 . 5/21/2015
Time for some tea~ thanks for updating!
CelticSun14 chapter 30 . 5/21/2015
Well, I'll admit it seemed a bit short-but only because I love the story so much :) I like Nazuka, and I think she's an interesting addition. I love how much lore and background info you've built up, like all of the political details and things like Dragon House. Anyway, I hope your next update comes soon; your updates always make my day.
Bookworm531 chapter 30 . 5/21/2015
You know the other day I was thinking "it's been a while since Lighting Bud updated" then a week later I check my inbox and...XD well whatever. Can't wait to see what happens next XP in what...three months? -teasing-
CzarinaWolf chapter 29 . 10/28/2014
Love Iroh's wit in this an Ozai's reply...No one could love his Ursa more than him.
Keep up the great work on this Urzai masterpiece
Forged Obsidian chapter 29 . 10/15/2014
I love the way you're showing how Ozai is being affected - even a little - by the war. It ads the spark of humanity that was missing from him for most of the show.
waterlit chapter 29 . 10/11/2014
This was a nice way to conduct this chapter - it's really quite sad to think of the person Ozai could have been had he not been so consumed with the desire for power and domination.
RakshaDaemon chapter 29 . 10/6/2014
I wish the writers had made their relationship this beautifully complex. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every chapter. Your writing style is so pleasant.
Erin chapter 29 . 10/5/2014
This was beyond perfection- I honestly didn't pay close mind to this pairing up until now. You portrayed the characters just as I imagined them in their younger years. I loved reading about the character development, as well as Ozai and Ursa's relationship flourish.

I also loved:
-Lu Ten. It pains me to read stories where he's lively and young, but it brings me joy as well. He's just so cute, and innocent. The perfect little soldier boy.
-Iroh. He was just a charmer, even in the beginning, I loved it. His love for tea, and his wife (just so you know, I cried a bit), made me smile. He was such a great father to Lu Ten. Oh. Oh. I can feel the tears already.
-The Letters. By far, the letters that were sent back and forth between Ozai and Ursa were one of the most interesting interactions I've come across. I adored there pet names for each other, and the underlying humor.
-Azulon. Well, I hated him, in all fairness. But, I did like how you portrayed him. His cunning firelord ways were realistic. That was cool.
-Ursa in general. How can anyone not love her? & Ozai. Young Ozai brings makes me feel some type of way (pleasantly, haha).

But, anyways.
That was good. Really good.
I love your writing to an extent.

Sincerely,
The girl who spent about an hour of her time fangirling about how perfect this was, and then decided to give this long review about everything that she loved dearly.
damnation soldier chapter 29 . 10/5/2014
This warms my heart. Really. It's so beautiful, romantic and genuine.
(I believe there is one misspelling, the word 'trapped' missing an 'e' in one of Ursa's letters but it's absolutely nothing. Forgive me for pointing out this nuisance.)
Again, the composition of these messages are never dull. You somehow manage to capture the essence of all the characters and portray their relationships perfectly. Long live Urzai. Remarkable work. You never fail to deliver quality.