Reviews for Blood Wind
Loved this chapter 14 . 1/12/2012
I also admire your writing style - smooth and polished - like glass. Very cool - cool plot, too.

Four kids! Yikes!
AngryLittlePrincess chapter 14 . 1/12/2012
Aaaw! 4 little lisbons! :)
everybodylies95 chapter 14 . 1/12/2012
loved the ending :) perfect to finish off the last chapter ... cant wait to read the next one
lolly2222 chapter 14 . 1/12/2012
What a brilliant story. So descriptive and well written, while I've only ever made it as far as San Francisco, I can actually see L.A in my mind as clear as any place I've ever been! This was a wonderful story and while sometimes secondary characters can be one dimensional Ortega was lovely and as believable as any of the team, who we all know so well. Cant wait for your next story no matter how long I'll read it!
Kaoh chapter 14 . 1/12/2012
Marvelous ending - the entire story is fabulous and a great ride! I love the little details and insight that you have with the characters - particularly Cho and his thoughts on Jane and Lisbon - also on Lisbon's thoughts about cho! I am so lad that you decided to allow Ortega to live - he ended up with the best lines at the end! What a great way to finish too! This has been a great ride - I'm sorry that it has ended.

Bravo!
castiello chapter 13 . 1/11/2012
Sorry, ffnet wouldn't let me review Chapter 12 (It Doesn't Blow, It Sucks) because it said I already did (even though I SWEAR I didn't), so here is a double review:

CH 12 (It Doesn't Blow, It Sucks):

Lots of great moments and descriptions, as usual - I enjoyed the cashier's personality and her little crush on Andres. Liked Van Pelt caught between two towering men (and a lot of testosterone), Lowry needing to get laid, Andres taking care of the baby, and these little moments/images:

"Small dust-devils, glowing amber in the slanting afternoon light, skimmed across the empty parking lot."

"Andres had always thought the shy spiders rather beautiful with their graceful legs and shiny, jet bodies."

"Jane felt like a layer or two of his skin had been peeled off exposing his nerve endings to the wind whose every breath over his body nearly made him flinch."

But the absolute highlight of this chapter is the quiet talk between Ortega and Jane, so beautifully prefaced by these words:

"The night comfortably enveloped them; neither man spoke for several minutes. The warm darkness would make any conversation seem more intimate . . . more thoughtful. One had to choose words carefully before releasing them into the restive air."

Lovely.

CH 13 (The Angel and the Jaguar):

Great build-up of suspense - showing us the progress of Andres up the steps, the state of the baby (first sleeping soundly, then beginning to stir), the steady rise of the "cold moon" in the "black, limitless sky."

Loved Jane's cute ignorance/utterly basic knowledge of the gun, his attempt to talk Andres down by mentioning "grounding" things (like wife, children, military service), and of course Jane's decision to take off running with the baby (all of these are SO Jane).

And then...Andres missed his time window! Didn't see that coming. How cool. I believe he doesn't intend to hurt the baby now, but Jane is not so lucky. What a cliffie! Did you have to leave it there?

Better not let us hang like this for too long! (Already I feel like one of my Dad's shirts...)

Looking forward to more! :) :)
basaltone chapter 13 . 1/10/2012
I do want to yell just a little bit, but I'll restrain myself and try to be patient for the next chapter. Very very good conclusion, you write action very well. I loved the little stand off in the last chapter between the 2 guys over Van Pelt and her reaction to it. I could really feel Cho and Lisbon's frustration at being stuck in that nightmarish traffic; I have never been to LA, but this story certainly makes me wonder why so many people dream of living there. I was sad to see Ortega get hurt, I hope that Jane is wrong and that he lives. I had really begun to connect with his character. I can't wait for the next chapter, I hope we don't have to be patient for too long. The idea of Jane sitting there like a consecrated sacrifice makes me shudder.
qu chapter 13 . 1/8/2012
I AM yelling at you, because you ARE evil.
Purple Piggie chapter 13 . 1/8/2012
OMG! OMG! How can you leave us with such a huge colossal cliffie! Holy cow. That was such an awesome chapter, even though I'm sad about Ortega. I could almost smell LA by your description of it. I can't wait for the last chapter. No really, I can't wait. Post NOW!
idonthaveaname chapter 13 . 1/8/2012
oh come on tbis can't be the conculsion of this story? There is another chapteer in the works. You can't have Jane slice up by a madman..Red John and Lsbon would be really tick off..
FlavishamXIII chapter 13 . 1/8/2012
Wow I have to say you are an extraordinary writer I just cam across you story for the first time a few hours ago and was mesmerized. You really do have a talent. There was just one thing in your story, that seemed a little off, you wrote Jane has having 'gray-green' eyes, if I'm not mistaken they are blue. But if you wrote that purposely by all mines that is fine, just simple a boservation. But sincerely I will be awaiting the final chapter. Have fun and keep writing!
diamondred chapter 13 . 1/8/2012
I just read this story from Chap 1 to our latest chapter an I have to say you got me hooked. Please update fast! I wanna know what happens to Jane.
thementalist123 chapter 13 . 1/8/2012
SKJDFA;LKSJDF;LKAJSD;LKFJ NOOOO WAIT NOO ASDFJKLJ;ASK BUT WHAT AND THEN ASJDF;LKJASD DIE ANDLKAS;LDKJF JANE ASDLK;JFOIJA;LKNSDF ORTEGA

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO MEE? UPDATE SOON UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE. IF THERE IS NO UPDATE IN THE NEXT WEEK I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN. (lol jk otherwise I wouldn't be able to read the next chapter)

Please update soon! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. This is such a good story, I'm kind of addicted.

UPDATE SOON PLEASE :D
Kourion chapter 13 . 1/8/2012
Ahhh! I won't yell at you...but I will beg you to continue! XD
bunnybunbun1 chapter 13 . 1/8/2012
you have so got to finish it like now please
142 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »