Reviews for Blood Wind
TheMentalistGirl chapter 5 . 10/14/2011
Nice chapter.

I love the way that Lisbon cares about Jane.

"He looks like he got into a fight with a bobcat." murmured Cho. - hahaha! Love Cho. But it's true. What happened to Jane?

Without hesitating she stepped in front of him and hooked her thumbs over the waistband of his boxers and slipped them down his hips.

Lisbon, . . . I don't . . . " he stammered, the first words he'd spoken since getting into the car for the ride back.

After stumbling around the worst areas of L.A. in the middle of the night; this was what seemed to register; his modesty? thought Lisbon shaking her head.

"It's OK" she soothed, "Just get into the shower. We have to get you cleaned up. We don't want any of these scrapes to get infected." - Uh.. Lisbon... How can you resist to this? xD

She thought her 2IC probably wanted to avoid bath-time with Jane. - Probably. xD

The layers of his usual uniform; the three piece suit, made it hard to determine what his actual weight and condition could be. It dawned on Lisbon, Jane's way of dressing may not be just a fashion statement. Maybe even on a subconscious level it was like the camouflage of an animal that hid its vulnerability until it crawled away to die in a dark, hidden place. - Love these lines.

"I'm sorry." - Aww, poor Jane. We know that's not your fault, babe. Lisbon knows. xD

Mmm... The next scene is intriguing me. Are they the responsible for Jane's behavior?

Waiting the next chapter.
xanderseye chapter 5 . 10/14/2011
Absolutely fabulous, this is addictive reading at its best, can't wait for more.
Kaoh chapter 4 . 10/11/2011
I am thoroughly enjoying this story. the plot is moving nicely and the characters are true. There has been some great line in there - I particularly liked the line Lisbon had about hte fast food places :)

Trust Jane to end up in a seers house :D Poor Jane though - he is in a bad way!

Looking forward to reading more :D Thank you for sharing.
MissDonniex chapter 4 . 10/11/2011
what can I say...great writing and I loved it
Kourion chapter 4 . 10/10/2011
"They both glanced quickly over their shoulders into the back seat to satisfy themselves that Jane was still asleep. He lay slightly curled on his side, his hands under his cheek like a sleeping child."

SPOT ON. Despite his brilliance, Jane is terribly wounded. And even on the show, despite being gifted, he often seems so...child like. Innocent in a way totally distinct from everyone else. Very aware of the complexity of human emotions, but still very vulnerable, somehow. Deeply pained. This chapter really addresses that so well! :) *loves*
MeltedChocoButton chapter 4 . 10/10/2011
Great chapter. Loved the flow of the writing and the rich descriptions.
idonthaveaname chapter 4 . 10/10/2011
this story is getting really good. The charectors fit right in the t.v. storyline.. I can't wait for the next chapter.. Keep up the good work.
castiello chapter 4 . 10/10/2011
I love Polmocena! She is just wonderful. This part is so sweet:

"The old woman stood and touched Lisbon lightly on the arm and then placed her hand on Jane's chest; gently preventing him from taking another step to leave. She stood in front of him and reached up to put a leathery hand on either side of his face. Black eyes intently looked into grey-green eyes; he looked back without blinking.

She murmured something softly to him and he replied in the same soft tone and in the same language. She patted his cheek and then reached over and patted Lisbon's the same way, smiling gently."

Could picture it and I adored it. Of course she would take Jane in - he can win over anyone, especially in wounded puppy mode.

Beautiful descriptions, as always:

"his shirt didn't hold onto the dampness as it dried in the heated currents that whispered and moaned around the buildings and rattled the fronds of the tall palms lining the boulevard."

"He ran through unswept streets; debris curling around the bodies of the homeless as they settled into their heated concrete beds for the night."

"It was after two a.m. but the night still danced and hummed with restless energy. Like large chunks of dirty snow, leaves and trash blew through the beam of their headlights."

"She looked like one of those dried apple dolls sold at the fair - her face wrinkled and brown, eyes like black, shiny buttons. She smiled at them toothlessly."

Great, mystical descriptions of Jane: "not of the earth," "angel of the wind" (plus Lisbon's humorous reaction to said descriptions was great). Also, I liked the reference to the shipping container conversation. Polmocena is very special (and possibly psychic?).

Loving this story! :)
TheMentalistGirl chapter 4 . 10/10/2011
Interesting chapter. I want more.
TheMentalistGirl chapter 3 . 10/10/2011
Love this chapter!
MeltedChocoButton chapter 3 . 10/6/2011
Poor Jane, but I do like seeing him sleep-deprived and unguarded.

Liked his directions using restaurants. He would have to employ an unusual,yet normal-to-him method of navigation.

"Boss, he's never gonna be ok. You know that, right?" Ouch. So blunt and sad. Cho's comment stung, but it sounded like he had the best interests of Lisbon in mind.

Good to know you're not that easy to get rid of;)
xDeletedxx chapter 3 . 10/6/2011
Wonderful chapter as always! Poor Jane! Why do I have the feeling it's only going to get worse? ;)
castiello chapter 3 . 10/5/2011
Oh, poor Jane...A dead little girl - that is so rough. And he was already having a hard time before he even saw her...

As usual, your lovely descriptions and the flow of the language make this feel like poetry. I look forward to reading more.

Pretties:

"Lisbon was finding it hard to keep a straight face as she stood in the parking lot with her crew. Their consultant's normally semi-tamed hair was now in unholy riot as the wind had its way; it was of a fine texture that seemed particularly susceptible to the static electricity the Santa Anas seemed to produce. He was starting to look like a dandelion in the bright sunlight of what remained of the day."

"His three-piece suits, artfully tousled locks and blinding smile were something to behold on his good days. The ensemble was catnip to most women and a few nameless men and the grudging envy of about half of the CBI's personnel. Of course, the other half wanted him dead . . . or at least unconscious.

On his bad days, his suit was rumpled as though he'd slept in it, though everyone knew that he hadn't slept. His hair looked as though it had never been near a comb and beard stubble completed the look"

"He had a comeback on the tip of his tongue but decided that voicing it wouldn't help matters. She carried a gun."

Okay, that last one was more of an ROFL - but still, I loved it.

Keep up the good work!
Carine chapter 3 . 10/5/2011
This story has me hooked! Can't wait for the next part.
Kourion chapter 2 . 10/5/2011
(This is actually for chapter 3 ;) Only one review per chapter rule, according to )

I ADORE this description. Likening Jane's curly-mess hair to a dandelion is awesome...just the best for amusing visuals!
145 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 Next »