Reviews for Blood Wind
MissDonniex chapter 4 . 10/11/2011
what can I say...great writing and I loved it
Kourion chapter 4 . 10/10/2011
"They both glanced quickly over their shoulders into the back seat to satisfy themselves that Jane was still asleep. He lay slightly curled on his side, his hands under his cheek like a sleeping child."

SPOT ON. Despite his brilliance, Jane is terribly wounded. And even on the show, despite being gifted, he often seems so...child like. Innocent in a way totally distinct from everyone else. Very aware of the complexity of human emotions, but still very vulnerable, somehow. Deeply pained. This chapter really addresses that so well! :) *loves*
MeltedChocoButton chapter 4 . 10/10/2011
Great chapter. Loved the flow of the writing and the rich descriptions.
idonthaveaname chapter 4 . 10/10/2011
this story is getting really good. The charectors fit right in the t.v. storyline.. I can't wait for the next chapter.. Keep up the good work.
castiello chapter 4 . 10/10/2011
I love Polmocena! She is just wonderful. This part is so sweet:

"The old woman stood and touched Lisbon lightly on the arm and then placed her hand on Jane's chest; gently preventing him from taking another step to leave. She stood in front of him and reached up to put a leathery hand on either side of his face. Black eyes intently looked into grey-green eyes; he looked back without blinking.

She murmured something softly to him and he replied in the same soft tone and in the same language. She patted his cheek and then reached over and patted Lisbon's the same way, smiling gently."

Could picture it and I adored it. Of course she would take Jane in - he can win over anyone, especially in wounded puppy mode.

Beautiful descriptions, as always:

"his shirt didn't hold onto the dampness as it dried in the heated currents that whispered and moaned around the buildings and rattled the fronds of the tall palms lining the boulevard."

"He ran through unswept streets; debris curling around the bodies of the homeless as they settled into their heated concrete beds for the night."

"It was after two a.m. but the night still danced and hummed with restless energy. Like large chunks of dirty snow, leaves and trash blew through the beam of their headlights."

"She looked like one of those dried apple dolls sold at the fair - her face wrinkled and brown, eyes like black, shiny buttons. She smiled at them toothlessly."

Great, mystical descriptions of Jane: "not of the earth," "angel of the wind" (plus Lisbon's humorous reaction to said descriptions was great). Also, I liked the reference to the shipping container conversation. Polmocena is very special (and possibly psychic?).

Loving this story! :)
TheMentalistGirl chapter 4 . 10/10/2011
Interesting chapter. I want more.
TheMentalistGirl chapter 3 . 10/10/2011
Love this chapter!
MeltedChocoButton chapter 3 . 10/6/2011
Poor Jane, but I do like seeing him sleep-deprived and unguarded.

Liked his directions using restaurants. He would have to employ an unusual,yet normal-to-him method of navigation.

"Boss, he's never gonna be ok. You know that, right?" Ouch. So blunt and sad. Cho's comment stung, but it sounded like he had the best interests of Lisbon in mind.

Good to know you're not that easy to get rid of;)
xXCoral-RoseXx chapter 3 . 10/6/2011
Wonderful chapter as always! Poor Jane! Why do I have the feeling it's only going to get worse? ;)
castiello chapter 3 . 10/5/2011
Oh, poor Jane...A dead little girl - that is so rough. And he was already having a hard time before he even saw her...

As usual, your lovely descriptions and the flow of the language make this feel like poetry. I look forward to reading more.

Pretties:

"Lisbon was finding it hard to keep a straight face as she stood in the parking lot with her crew. Their consultant's normally semi-tamed hair was now in unholy riot as the wind had its way; it was of a fine texture that seemed particularly susceptible to the static electricity the Santa Anas seemed to produce. He was starting to look like a dandelion in the bright sunlight of what remained of the day."

"His three-piece suits, artfully tousled locks and blinding smile were something to behold on his good days. The ensemble was catnip to most women and a few nameless men and the grudging envy of about half of the CBI's personnel. Of course, the other half wanted him dead . . . or at least unconscious.

On his bad days, his suit was rumpled as though he'd slept in it, though everyone knew that he hadn't slept. His hair looked as though it had never been near a comb and beard stubble completed the look"

"He had a comeback on the tip of his tongue but decided that voicing it wouldn't help matters. She carried a gun."

Okay, that last one was more of an ROFL - but still, I loved it.

Keep up the good work!
Carine chapter 3 . 10/5/2011
This story has me hooked! Can't wait for the next part.
Kourion chapter 2 . 10/5/2011
(This is actually for chapter 3 ;) Only one review per chapter rule, according to )

I ADORE this description. Likening Jane's curly-mess hair to a dandelion is awesome...just the best for amusing visuals!
Kourion chapter 3 . 10/5/2011
This chapter is just awesome, and I love how IC Jane (and all your characters, really) is in your stories.

"Jane held forth on the innumerable places to dine in the great, sprawling, mess that was Los Angeles. "People, there are endless possibilities . . . Indian, Thai, Mexican, Italian, French, Greek, Chinese . . . whatever! All thrive and flourish in El pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de Los Angeles." The Spanish rolled off his tongue as though he'd been practicing for months"

I wouldn't be surprised if he *were* bilingual, even in canon. Or...a polyglot. Jane can already play chess with the best of them. He can play musical instruments (and I don't think he's shared that with the team), and I'm pretty confident that he has many other skills that have not been shown on the show. My mum calls Jane a genius, and while I use that word rarely, I would without a doubt call Jane highly gifted; he has not just a quick wit, but many varied interests, and a hugely creative mind too.

Anyway...kudos! I love your stuff. I love this :)
Anna chapter 2 . 9/18/2011
Awesome! I am so glad to see more from you! Looking forward to more!
GSD010 chapter 2 . 9/16/2011
What a great start! You have set up the begining to this new story so well - in a very descriptive and interesting manner. I like the way you describe Jane and his varying moods, you show his personality so well. I'm so looking forward to reading more, it seems like another great read in the making.
142 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 Next »