Reviews for Love and Desperation in Wartime
bookwormgrl chapter 2 . 9/17/2011
This has been a fascinating start to a story...I find myself far more sympathetic to Sir Richard than I expect to be on the show, which is quite a feat! I just wonder how far down this road Mary and Matthew are willing to travel without being honest to themselves and to each other about their feelings. I'm definitely hooked!
AriadneO chapter 2 . 9/17/2011
Very interesting plot! If his words in this chapter are any indication, I also have the feeling that your Sir Richard is rather different than the one we'll see on the show and I find myself even rooting for him a bit. (*slaps self for being a bad M/M shipper*) Anyway, I eagerly await your next update because I can't wait to see where this all goes!
Chickwriter chapter 2 . 9/17/2011
This is wicked good. Totally believable, in character, and fascinating... and a great writing style. Keep it up! I look forward to more.
Chickwriter chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Wonderful beginning.. love the intensity and the emotion... really looking forward to seeing how you handle the relationships!
EOlivet chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Oh wow! :) That was a gripping prologue! I'm really interested to see where you take this, because you can see the AU, but at the same time, I think your insight into Matthew is absolutely fascinating! :D Especially the idea that his love for Mary connects him to the person he was. I'm beyond intrigued to find out who exactly Lavinia is in this world, and what exactly is in Sybil's letter! Seriously, you've got me *hooked.* :) Your writing style is lovely, too - very novel-like. :D Great start - please update soon! :D
OrangeShipper chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Amazing! I do love me a bit of war!Matthew. You convey the atmosphere really well, and how conflicted he is - I'm SO intrigued to see where this letter from Sybil ties in, and where he is with Lavinia if he feels this strongly for Mary, still... Also, I have to say - I've toyed with the idea of soldier!Matthew smoking but never quite dared to go for it, and I actually love that you did here! I think it's a very plausible way he could change.. Which reminds me, I love the theme of him changing so much he doesn't recognise himself any more. Looking forward to an update :)