Reviews for Second Impressions
Hannah Lynn chapter 1 . 10/23
...doesn't he die in the beginning of the first episode? Lord Tony, that is...

You write well - I love reading these.

*grins* Now, Off to read the Not Yet Requested Copy again! I'll finish it eventually...
Hannah Lynn McDonald chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
You write such wonderful stories! I love them so much.
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
I read your First Impressions piece, firstIt was really interesting. I don't know anything about the actor who played Tony, but the stuttering really made me think. We all can be like Marguerite, never giving people a chance because of our first impressions of them.

That's why I really liked this fic. I love how Tony changed Marguerite's view of him through his actions towards the young boy.
Clio1792 chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
Who's the Cricket?

This was an interesting piece...I do remember the adaptation where Tony stammered, and even though it's not in the original Orczy, you handled it, and Marguerite's early bad behavior, and subsequent re-evaluation, very well.

One thing that this story opens up is the possibility that there would be a whole string of "incongruities"-Tony being less of a fool than Marguerite expected; Percy less of a pushover, and so on...that would gradually bring Marguerite to the realization that her husband is the Scarlet Pimpernel, and has been going on his expeditions right under her nose. But another thing this story brings out is a point that someone who used to post Scarlet Pimpernal stories once made about Marguerite being a "flawed" heroine...Marguerite has depth, and courage, but she learns it over time...she starts out fairly superficial, and learns from her mistakes..and this story was really solid for bringing that development in her character, which IS totally consistent with the Orczy books. So this story worked really well, and I'm grateful that you wrote it,

I'm also sorry I didn't review it sooner...and feed the cricket!

slytherinsal chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Having only read the book and not seen a film in which Tony stutters I can't comment on how close it may be to that interpretation of his character, but assuming that this is the way Tony is played this is a nicely put together piece that highlights Marguerite's tendencies to judge hastily and yet her inate sense of justice and ability to look at her misjudgements objectively.

A nice illustration of how not to judge the parcel by its packaging.

A nicely judged and accurate level of vail to be slightly above the normal penny or ha'penny.

Tuppence is about $7 -$10 in modern terms in comparison to the daily wage of a labourer.