Reviews for The Dance We Do
Babydex chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
I don't want to think about how long I have waited for this story, so I'm happy to see you're continuing with this story.
Woot chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
I love this!
ishandahalf chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
oh! i'm so glad to see a sequel. i enjoyed 'normal' immensely, and i can't wait to see where you take this. i just love remy and david together, and i loved remy baking up a storm, and i ESPECIALLY loved him talking about sexing up rogue while poor piotr was blushing away. hilarious! more please... :)
Mcgmockingbird chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Hello there! I'm a long time "Normal" fan. Sooo great to have you back!
cartoonfire chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
YOU'RE BACK! :D Dude, you so just made my day. I love you for finally posting the sequel!

I'm glad that marriage has not changed my favorite Xmen couple of all time.

Professor with the cookies was really funny. And Remy is so right, baking does suck! And it's totally different from cooking. Ugh, I understand how Remy feels. Those bad days in college just add up and make you wanna quit.

The sex conversation Remy and the prof had infront of Piotr was hilarious!

I love underwear dancing to jazz music! It is sexy :D lol. And wow, I totally understood Kitty's test thing. Does Piotr know? Do the telepaths in the home know? Eh what does it matter, she failed.

So they are going to New Orleans? Booya! Can't wait to read more :) So glad you're back and this first chapter is AWESOME!
Indigo-Night-Wisp chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
I loved "Normal." I loved Remy's issues, and his insecurities, and his tough-guyness occasionally cracking to show the hurting, strong young man behind. I loved Rogue, and all her problems that somehow didn't make anything crash and burn too badly for a good firefighter to put it out. I love the Xavier/Remy relationship, and how Remy ended up growing on Logan without meaning to. I love Kitty and Piotr, and even Jean and Scott as you write them.

Now that I'm done praising the fic that I didn't review, I'll just say that I expect all the best from this sequel, I'm thrilled to be reacquainted with your Romy, and I'm so on this train headed for the Big Easy. I've even got tissues, 'cause I know it'll be a tearjerker (in more ways than one).

To start us off right, let me just say that the fact that Remy is in culinary school is brilliant, and the whole chocolate chip cookies thing is adorable, and I love this line:

'Pause. "But, I'm not a baby."'

Also, the entire part that made Piotr blush so hard? Crack. Me. Uo.

And also, I know what exam Kitty took. ;)
Ben40 chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Love it. Everyone but Gambit realizing his cookies are great was too funny. Got to feel for Gambit and his insecurities about not having the normal experiences of childhood. Remy did seem a bit dense though about the implications of his dream. Love the Ptior and Kitty bits and it sounds like they need a bit of sex ed. As a side note: just being married would not scare off all the interested females in his class. Heck it might attract a few as plenty of teaching assistants can attest.
Jean1 chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
You're back! I always loved Normal since Gambit's always been a bit of an obsessive/complusive neat freak to me (He'd just have to be to be as good a thief as he is and survived his childhood) - add in his insecurities about his worth and its a fascinating character study. His response here to not "having the perfect cookie receipe" is so believable. I do wish there was a little more neurotic Rogue though. Of the two, Gambit's always seemed the more balanced of them, more willing to try and change, more accepting of little things (the note about him sort of letting Rogue lead in sex because she needs to while supplanting his own desires seems very true) add in I see Rogue as a slob and they just make a fun mix. I have a hard time buying Rogue as "more ambious and stable" than Gambit. Rogue's the one with the over reactive temper and lack of direction for ages. Remy didn't get to be as good a thief at such a young age without some drive and ambition. He's a lot more "normal" than her in many ways. I also hope that Remy "finding his roots" isn't all about how biological parents are better because of blood. Can't wait to see where you take this as your Remy is just fun.
Kinetically Charmed chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhh I was up all night cramming.

Okay, so I skim re-read it and still loved it. The humping line made me choke again. And I love Pete. I LOVE HIM.

Kitty's so happy she failed that test... I wonder what her MARKS were. :)

And you could have told me you'd uploaded the story! I just HAPPENED to notice it was up! It was like, a total coincidence that I looked, because I never look. But I looked in one of the communities that I'd noticed Kitty's blog was just added to and this was at the top of the list! and I was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA? (yes, I said "at" after exclaiming "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" what of it.)
DidGyre chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
I have been looking forward to this for so long! I am so glad that you decided to start posting this this week. I've been missing your style of writing.

I really wanted to know how the dynamic of Rogue and Remy's relationship would change when they were married, I can't wait to learn more.

I must know, did Kitty have a pregnancy scare? That what it sounded like.

I love you for this. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
flyingdaggers chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
I get done re-reading Normal, check my e-mail and the sequel is up! thats quite wonderful! Along with Kitty not being pregnant! Cant wait for the next chapter!
Hawaiichick chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Haha, why do I get the feeling that everything will not be fine? Love the start of this new journey for Remy (and Rouge). And hmm, does Kitty have something she ought to share with Pitor?
november123 chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Yes! I'm so happy this is back! Normal was one of my favorite fics ever, and this definitely was worth the wait. The plot sounds wonderful, with Remy exploring his past, and I also like that marriage wasn't the end to all their problems which feels real, yet the relationship they have now, as married, is very sweet. Loved the part about Kitty's test, too.
Anna Marcia Gregorio chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Holy Crap. you made Kitty almost pregnant? (i had to read that part two times before it clicked. i mean, a test that you fail, but in a good way? At first i was like "what, a physics test? is she hoping for a hot tutor or something?"

But AW! Remy, being Remy is trying is darn hardest to be good at being married and achiving normality (yes i know that that technically isnt a real word). And his bad day and seeig the faults in every bach of delicious cookies. It humbles him and gives Remy more depth than the usuall stories I read. I love it!

I look forward to the next update!

Catch ya then!
Chellerbelle chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
First, you have to know that I was very excited to see this pop up in my inbox this morning *does happy dance*

Aww I'm sorry to hear that Remy's having a hard time in culinary school (although, not overly surprised). I was highly amused by Remy's quest to bake the world's greatest chocolate cookie.

On a side note, my hubby came in while I was reading about Remy giving up smoking and freaking out Piotr by discussing his sex life, and he tells me he can tell I'm enjoying my reading 'cause I'm giggling and silly and have that mischievous little girl look, hahahaha.

I'm really enjoying this conversation with Professor Xavier and Piotr about having kids.

Loved this:

"Nah, I mean it, Roguey," he said, licking his lips. "Looks like y' been kickin' ass an' takin' names f' da last two hours. 's sexy as sin. Hell, if David wasn't here I'd be strippin' off dat uniform so fast, Pietro himself would be wonderin' how I did it."

Hahahaha :D

I love, love, love Kitty's reaction to walking in on Remy and Rogue dancing in their underwear to jazz music. *wipes tear from eye*

Oh dear. Remy you're not supposed to lie to your wife. *sigh*

Awesome chapter!