Reviews for Wish You Were Here
cfccfc chapter 20 . 1/29
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards

The description of the resort was so beautifully detailed I could almost smell the flowers. Cute little boo-boo that I found endearing was Dean being able to watch both the sun rise and sun set from the same balcony.

The characters were very recognizable and never seemed OOC except for Dean with regards to his relationship with the OFC- who, by the way was a well developed, sympathetic character. I would have liked to have seen hers and Dean's interaction during their time together, but we only got short, brief glimpses. As much as Dean cares for Sam and Bobby, if he was experiencing this deep connection with Leylaani, I honestly don’t see him spending his evenings on his beloved balcony and sleeping on a sofa bed. Therefore his heartbreak at the end felt contrived. I did, however, feel his pain at the loss of the peace he experienced while watching the sunset. His statement on the last night that he was“never gonna see it again,” cut me to the quick. Cudos to the author.

The use of Non-American word uses and phrases pulled me out of the story a couple of times, and the unusual punctuation seemed strange at first but these are small complaints. Overall, this was a fun read and I thoroughly enjoyed the boys being carefree, Bobby’s attempt to protect them from evil for just a little while and Dean’s playful attachment to a blowup, pool-toy dolphin named Danno.
SPNMum chapter 20 . 1/13
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review - January 2016

I enjoyed the playfulness expressed by Sam and Dean while they were vacationing together for the first time. It was fun to see them let loose, and even tease Bobby. Your descriptions of the resort were beautiful, and I could picture the place clearly. I thought that Dean spoke a little too much like Bobby, since both Sam and Dean are very articulate in their own way. Only Bobby tends to cut off his words. The scenes between Leylaani and Dean were sweet, but they were a little too lighthearted for me to sense the heartbreak between them at the end of the story. I did want to see Leylaani meet up with the brothers and Bobby again though. This was a fun story to read overall.
SPNReadingManiac chapter 20 . 1/10
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Award Review : January 2016

I have to say, that was the strangest ‘romance’ I’ve ever read, completely in the background, hidden from the reader until the very end. It made it very difficult to accept the narrator’s assertion that Dean was heartbroken or to care much.

Otherwise, the story was an imaginative and amusing look at what a Winchester holiday might be like. Choices of phrasing made me laugh out loud, and the descriptions were well-done, using all senses to give the reader a sense of the surroundings.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/25/2014
The dolphin was a perfect touch. This made me laugh, because I can relate to this. My older sister acts just like Dean in this chapter.
Wunjo chapter 20 . 3/13/2014
Awesome!
Guest chapter 20 . 10/6/2013
This ending broke my heart :'(
It was an amazing fanfic!
You did an excellent job!
Sahkess chapter 20 . 4/14/2013
Awwww, Danno!
This was such a great read, you really do know how to portray the Winchesters and Bobby so well. The romance was so spot on, the OC was very fitting, the family bonding and humor and adventure all just mingled together perfectly. It was a pleasant break from the h/c and angst I always find myself delving into. I love h/c stories, truly, but even I need to turn to something lighter every once in a while. It's tough, though, SPN fics that are more fun oriented tend to feel forced or fake, but this was perfect, just the right amounts of everything to make it feel true to SPN. Thank you so much for writing this (I'm a few years behind, but thank you nonetheless), it's always a pleasure to jump into your works.
-Lexie
Sahkess chapter 19 . 4/14/2013
There is nothing wrong with sap. Or schmoop. Or schmuggles and gooeyness. :)
I feel for the boys, and Bobby. *sniffle*
Sahkess chapter 18 . 4/14/2013
This fic is making me long for the Bahamas again. Sandcastles with siblings, that ocean that's just as warm as the air, cocktails by the pool, getting tossed around the beach by said siblings, sounds like the last family vacation I took with my sisters a few years ago. We never really grew up either :)
Sahkess chapter 17 . 4/14/2013
Dean carrying an inflatable dolphin around with him? Yup, sounds like him.
Sahkess chapter 15 . 4/14/2013
Alright, this was fantastic. I've never managed to switch from so many different emotions in the space of a thousand words or so, but you've managed to fit it all in. The anticipation, the action, the *ahem* sauciness, and of course the humor. The situations these boys end up in in your stories, they're simply golden.
Sahkess chapter 14 . 4/14/2013
Eep! *sprints to Chapter 15*
Sahkess chapter 13 . 4/14/2013
Haha, Bobby, good on you for playing papa bear role. Though I was definitely not expecting that twist with Leylaani, nicely done!
Sahkess chapter 11 . 4/14/2013
Hehe, Sam and a honeymooning couple, entertaining combination. Nice twist to the case, though I can't help but feel bad for Dean, that guy can't catch a break. Lucky for Sam at least, usually he's the one who ends up with the supernatural girl.
I told myself to break this up so I could get my work done, but this is just too good to stop!
Sahkess chapter 9 . 4/14/2013
There's so much in this chapter to love! The boys' antics with each other is so cute, so funny, just choc full of awesomeness. Setting up a case is both exciting and nervewracking, I'd hate to see the boys lose their vacation to a hunt. And my fave line, hands down: "while Dean was momentarily distracted with thoughts of killing time with the beautiful Leylaani, and the girls were distracted with thoughts of simply killing the beautiful Leylaani."
You are a Winchester genius. This is golden.