Reviews for To Possess a Vampire
Vi-Violence chapter 109 . 4/8
I love the reminder to look up in class.
midnightisolde chapter 72 . 3/27
It makes sense, if we assume that Dracula was sexually abused by the Ottomans as Hellsing runs with, that he would have some form of PTSD and/or issues with intimacy. The sources speak of his brother Radu being the object of Mehmed's lust and climbing a tree to escape but later succumbing. As for Vlad, it is obviously not something of written record since things like that are hard to prove. The story about his brother might be the sort of rhetoric to smear the Ottomans since I think it's from one of the Greek sources. He and his brother were kept as political hostages as sons of a prince and so did not live in squalor during their time as hostages of the Ottomans, but it would have been a gilded cage.
It is difficult to psychoanalyse a historical figure at this remove, but it is possible that he might have been raped. The sexual nature of impaling is obvious. And he also appeared to have an issue with female chastity - more so than usual, so I do wonder if he did have some issues.
Also, just to say, Dracula's role in stopping the Ottoman conquest into Europe is a bit overstated in popular lore and possibly as taught in Romania/Balkans. Whilst he did play a significant role and was praised for it (he was one of the few to actually heed the Pope's call for crusade whilst Mathias Corvinus took the money but didn't follow through), he did not single-handedly stop Ottoman expansion. Indeed, his head was sent to Istanbul when he was killed (the circumstances vary). Hungary and Poland also played a significant role given that the Ottomans reached up to Vienna but were stopped in 1683 - long after Vlad was dead.
midnightisolde chapter 70 . 3/27
super creepy. So here we have necrophilia and abuse of a dead body. Poor Alucard :( I do wonder if vampires would have this issue though given that they're helpless when sleeping and there's enough sick people around...
midnightisolde chapter 47 . 3/27
It's funny how vampires have transitioned to being beautiful, because Dracula as in the book is not really described that way at all. Sure, Alucard is drawn that way though.
midnightisolde chapter 23 . 3/26
Enjoying your fanfic so far.
On the historical question, Dracula would be dead by then but as in this he became a vampire he may have known of the Spanish Inquisition. Certainly, he would know of the Inquisition since this was the Catholic Church's system to deal with heresy. The Order of the Dragon to which he father belonged was But it was not in fact as bloodthirsty as popularly believed - in fact it was the Inquisition that represented Joan of Arc's defence when she was accused of witchcraft and heresy.
Along with the medieval period and early modern in general, there is a stereotype of a dark barbaric age in popular culture. Some of this comes from the Renaissance and Enlightenment which coined the term 'medieval' meaning middle age and the idea of it being a dark period after the fall of the classical era. And also Protestant rejection of Catholicism which therefore casts the catholic middle ages as barbaric. In fact, the witch hunts of early modern Europe were at a high point in the early modern period rather than the middle ages as popularly thought.
article/211193/real-inquisition-thomas-f-madden
TheDevilMayCare chapter 119 . 5/16/2016
'oeijrgf;ogdfg omg I fucking adore you! My heartstrings woman! 3 you are so awesome
odango88 chapter 119 . 6/6/2015
This has got to be the best imagining of Alucard ' s and Abraham ' s back story I have ever read. I love the vulnerability you gave Alucard. While it's not his main characteristic, I think we do see him get vulnerable in the manga enough times to show it's part of his psyche.
RhetoricalQs chapter 13 . 5/2/2015
I was rereading your stories and noticed that you tend to use spaniel specifically instead of dog. Is there any particular reason?
Kazaru13 chapter 1 . 11/1/2014
I loved this story all the way through to the end! Truly a wonderful piece of work! One of my very favorites!
PatheticTroll3 chapter 119 . 10/11/2014
Hmm. I'm actually a very big fan of the Alucard from the manga and Ova, but weirdly, to me, in this story I preferred the OOC broken Alucard. I actually felt sad, because I was seriously waiting for Alucard to become the vicious monster. When he finally did become that, I felt incomplete. Lol! But this was interesting anyways, and I honestly enjoyed it. Btw, the yaoi non-con was hot. And somehow when you described the violence it was seriously violence-like. Usually written violence has no effect on me! Yes, I'm writing this review concerning the whole story. Yes, I read it in the span of 3 days. I LOVED it. :)
DemonSkitty chapter 119 . 9/23/2014
You know I had been binge reading this story for about three days and now that I have finished it I must give you some serious props.
This was absolutly amazing! I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Every chapter had me hooked and I loved it! I thank you for writing this story and best wishes for future stories!
lilith dracul chapter 119 . 6/17/2014
Oh yes such an entertaining story!
SilverSchinHawke chapter 17 . 5/14/2014
Wow. I've been in a writing rut for a few days due to personal shit going on and have gained some great solstice reading this lovely work of yours. Had a bit of a shock seeing my name in your author's note there! What story was it that was a mystery? I may still have it in files and would be happy to send/repost.
GarGoyl chapter 10 . 2/4/2014
Well, I'll probably get old(er) reading this through but it's totally worth it! Your writing is quite 'professional' too, aside from the subject. And poor Dracula, as if the Turks weren't enough...
Aservis Roturier chapter 101 . 2/3/2014
There are plenty of people who do buy stories like you mentioned-my partner is one, and vampires in general will always sell. You're a competent writer, too so don't worry about that.

Brick and mortar publishers are most concerned whether you can *finish* a story than anything else, and you've already proven you can do that. You are exactly who they're looking for.

I'd try both ways if I were you, write something for Kindle *and* write something to try and sell to the big guys. Publishing is starting to suffer from the new computer-literate world just as the music business did. In consequence, they're a lot less full of themselveswhen it comes to being willing to take on new writers since writers can now so easily by-pass them entirely and cut them 100% out of the profits by putting themselves on line with platforms like Kindle.

Be brave.