Reviews for Best Girl, First Girl, Only Girl
talk-ape chapter 1 . 10/9/2014
So lovely!
theshadowlight chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
I actually read this story a long time ago, and have re-read it many times, because it's so damn good. I just... It's just that awesome.
-the shadow-light
BatShitCrazy21 chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
That was a really great story! It was nice to see the development of the family. And idk what to say but it was a great story:)
emma chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
cool, oh and dick is mine got that all mine
Guest chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
great story!
Linn chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
I really enjoyed this story and it goes right to my bookmarks. I loved how you've pictured and characterised Bruse, Babs and, of course, Dick. You made them to your own characters and yet they were true to the comics. Thank you for sharing this with us!
whatido chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
i really and truly enjoyed this story! i mostly liked the combination of campy vocabulary and serious storyline- it is an interesting rewrite of the inane comics of the gosh-wow era given depth and gravitas for the modern era.

wow. i sound like a prat, but i liked it.
Cedarleaf chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
From the title, I thought this fic would be geared toward exploring Dick and Babs' relationship and it did, but it was also so much more than that. That scene between Dick and Bruce was just perfect and very poignant and heartwarming. Excellent story!
Dr Facer chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
This story is very good and very well made; I'm glad I found it, it was an excellent read. Congratulations.
xenokattz chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
Sweet, funny, touching and at least two dozen other adjectives synomynous to "awesome." There were so many great moments, among them Babs' save; Dick's very innocent, very heartfelt declaration of love; Bruce passionate defense of Dick. If anyone asked me about the Batfamily, I'd point them to this fic.

Thanks ever so for the great read!
Mitch chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
I absolutely loved this story! Great job.
Rayni chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
I was referred here by Equinox and agree wholeheartedly with her assessment. _ What a great Dick and Babs story. You wrote their characters so well and made me see them in a new light. And their relationships with the rest of the Bat family were right on. Great descriptions-I could picture being at the party, and hiding out in the boat. Beautiful job!
Equinox chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
I read this story a while back and really liked it. When my friend asked me to suggest a couple good fics I remembered this one and went back to find it.

I love this story. It is a great picture of Dick and Babs and their love for eachother. If the story was only about that it would be great on its own but I think the fic is brilliant because it explores the relationship between Bruce and Dick. Chapter 8 was my favourite because Bruce tells his true feeling towards Dick. It's a great moment because it is Bruce Wayne speaking and not Batman. It is spoken from the heart by Bruce the personn, not Bruce Wayne the playboy- the mask that Batman wears, and that is what makes the moment great. So often it seems that Batman is without feeling. He is so stoic and although we know that he loves Dick, and is in awe of the boy he is never able to express his feelings and ends up pushing Dick away. It's great Dick accidently overheard Bruce because he needed to confirm that Bruce truly loves him as a son. (I hope that makes sense).

This fic is wonderful because it explores the relationship of the whole Bat family -Jim Gordon, Alfred, Bruce, Dick, and Barbra are all excellently portrayed.

Thank-you for a most enjoyable read. I'm adding this to my favourites list so I don't have to go looking for it when I'm craving a good story.

~Nox
trecebo chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
Overall, this was a well written character piece, that really delved into both Bruce and Dick. Babs was spectactular, Alfred too.

Ew, to the two miscreants. Pox on them times two. I almost wish Bats had let loose. Maybe that night, he kept an eye on 'Bimbolina' and scared the beegeebers outta her. Wench.

I really liked the close. Alfred is by far the most underused but when he is, he rocks, so totally.
Rosadina chapter 1 . 11/3/2005
This story made me cry in several places. I thought that the scene between Bruce and Robin was especially touching. Nice one.